+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Servers down again?

Quote Originally Posted by Darktwo View Post
    Little pro tip for Trion, stop giving exact time frames, learn from Blizzard,it's done when it's done.
    Blizzard is probably not the best choice in examples right now. 18 months of no new content and then another 7 months before they released their final content patch for this expansion. Then all of the content was just grind quests and a new raid. They've been dropping the ball for the better part of 2+ years now.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Benoerad View Post
    Funny thing I see, some players out there saying devs need to do a better more perfect job, do you realize how much coding is done for a game, nothing will be perfect on first application to game world, how many MMOs out there have had buggy updates / patches / expansions? I can name a few that I used to play, and they had almost 2-3 days of server outages or constant crashes and they were non f2p, just be happy Trion pays attention to their best testers who are us player base, to find the bugs, and glitches and the devs can get to it and get the proper fixes out, without us they would not know about most the bugs in game.

Developers and trion game testers can only do so much with the time they have, they can not be 100% perfect 100% of the time, they are Human just like us and make errors just like us.
    Nice strawman.

Quote Originally Posted by FyrrePower View Post
    If this was due to the TBA of the next patch that was discussed yesterday, I can understand it, BUT there was NO PRIOR Message saying servers were coming down in game or any DEV message on the forums saying that it was going to happen. Communication Trion, goes along way for customer satisfaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basna View Post
    I was in game and they did announce it. They gave a 25 minute warning.

There was one server message announcing "25 minutes until servers come down" and then nothing else. I forgot and then poof they were offline. lol

Btw - This is not the TBA server patch, that is actually still in the works according to Ocho, therefore the servers will most likely be coming down again later today at some point.
    Last edited by Nogardgib; 07-17-2015 at 10:37 AM.

<O└d Skool>

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    Blizzard is probably not the best choice in examples right now. 18 months of no new content and then another 7 months before they released their final content patch for this expansion. Then all of the content was just grind quests and a new raid. They've been dropping the ball for the better part of 2+ years now.
    Actually, they are the perfect example of "when its done". They are taking their time to get it right.

Was there something added in Rift 3.3 that wasn't grindy? But that is a whole other topic.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #65

Shards should be back up, we'll be talking to you more on this subject later today so keep an eye out.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nogardgib View Post
    There was one server message announcing "25 minutes until servers come down" and then nothing else. I forgot and then poof they were offline. lol
    Could have been worse. Since i (and you) got nothing better to do right now another Bliz
    story. There we were in Mt Hyjal during BC, guild raid. pulled the second Boss and right at
    that point (i'm not even kidding) "5 minutes to server restart".
    So 25 mins is a nice big warning ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Vilanye View Post
    Actually, they are the perfect example of "when its done". They are taking their time to get it right.

Was there something added in Rift 3.3 that wasn't grindy? But that is a whole other topic.
    Except they didn't get it right. 6.0, 6.1, and 6.2 were all followed up with a "known issues" list on the forums on top of three days of server maintenance after 6.0 and 6.1. Phasing in the Garrisons was completely broken for the first three days of WoD, and still had issues intermittently for about a month following the expansion. 6.2 still had issues when it launched but didn't bring the servers down.

While we're on the subject, lets talk about the features cut from this expansion. That list is massive and absolutely unacceptable. The thing is that you cannot look me in the eyes and tell me that it is okay for WoD, which has had the biggest development team the game has ever seen, to take 18 months to produce while the live game was left to stagnate and then the expansion had been mutilated and mangled so badly that all players were doing was sitting in their Garrisons playing farmville, pokemon, and raiding once a week.

i wonder if they will be doing their friday stream still with these issues going on.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    Except they didn't get it right. 6.0, 6.1, and 6.2 were all followed up with a "known issues" list on the forums on top of three days of server maintenance after 6.0 and 6.1. Phasing in the Garrisons was completely broken for the first three days of WoD, and still had issues intermittently for about a month following the expansion. 6.2 still had issues when it launched but didn't bring the servers down.

While we're on the subject, lets talk about the features cut from this expansion. That list is massive and absolutely unacceptable. The thing is that you cannot look me in the eyes and tell me that it is okay for WoD, which has had the biggest development team the game has ever seen, to take 18 months to produce while the live game was left to stagnate and then the expansion had been mutilated and mangled so badly that all players were doing was sitting in their Garrisons playing farmville, pokemon, and raiding once a week.
    IMHO phasing was always messy in WoW. I remember doing the argent crusade jousting
    dailies at ICC and those damn huge elite scarabs kept bleeding through. Then off course
    you have the inability to help friends who are in a different phase. I actually think Lotro does
    phasing much better than WoW, you can see players in other phases, just not NPC and
    possibly altered structures.

BTW if Trion wants us to stop talking about other games just start the shards back up *wink
    wink nudge nudge*

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    i wonder if they will be doing their friday stream still with these issues going on.
    They are, but not with Rift. The other games' devs are on the stream (Trove, Defiance, Devilian, and ArcheAge).

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Quote Originally Posted by Andromalius View Post
    I cant say I know where you'll be, BUT that may not stop me from trying to find you :P

(with that in mind, it may, too)
    Sanctum bench No. 5.
    At least, Bontoose says it's No. 5 by his count.
    /shrug

Anyway, lo' and behold, I ate lunch and the crisis was averted.
    Cheers.
    Thunderkat (65) - Tekay (65) - Pfifer (65) - Visionary (65) - Rhailo (65)

<Bounty>'s GL - NA chillest.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    They are, but not with Rift. The other games' devs are on the stream (Trove, Defiance, Devilian, and ArcheAge).
    No Rift? Why no Rift? Nothing good to talk about? Those other games, I just can't get into. It's Rift and only Rift...

And as I go through Rift withdrawal, I may be cured of it. I hope not. I'm actually doing other things.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nogardgib View Post

Btw - This is not the TBA server patch, that is actually still in the works according to Ocho, therefore the servers will most likely be coming down again later today at some point.
    I checked the log file for anything since I was logged in at 7:30am PST and nothing shows up in the log file. Maybe some servers got the message but Hailol didn't.

And if this wasn't the TBA, then I'm shaking my head as they could have combined both then to lessen the downtime, now we're going to be down again.

The quality of the game is getting worse IMHO, first the fiasco of the AH fees, then not refunding purchases of the increased costs for the recipes, to stealing achievement points from us. They rehash old dungeons so they don't have to do any new work on the game, and yet we still have issues that are ages old. From bounty mob issues to zone events that don't spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    No Rift? Why no Rift? Nothing good to talk about? Those other games, I just can't get into. It's Rift and only Rift...

And as I go through Rift withdrawal, I may be cured of it. I hope not. I'm actually doing other things.
    Probably because if they ran a Rift stream right now, the ENTIRE chat would be one endless cavalcade of:

*takes a deep breath*

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU RUNNING A STREAM FOR WHY AREN'T YOU FIXING THE GAME ETC ETC OMG THE GAME IS DYING ETC ETC ETC I DEMAND COMPENSATION AND BLOOD AND TEARS AND A PONY ETC ETC ETC I THINK OCHO MAKES UP ELOS BY THROWING DARTS AT A BOARD ETC ETC ETC THEY CHANGED SOMETHING NOW IT SUCKS ETC ETC ETC THEY DIDN'T CHANGE THIS OTHER THING AND IT STILL SUCKS ETC ETC ETC"

*takes another deep breath*

"AND ANOTHER THING..."

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5