+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Beamer
  • 1 Post By Colibri

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Feature Request: Game availability notice on Glyph screen

Soulwalker

Default Feature Request: Game availability notice on Glyph screen

Hi,

I wasted a lot of time this morning trying to determine if my problem with connecting to the character selection screen was my fault or the game's fault before I finally found a message on Reddit saying all the EU and NA shards were down.

Simply changing the PLAY button on the Glyph screen to GAME UNAVAILABLE would make life SO much easier for players.

Thanks for listening!

the forum will always tell you if the shards are down, and how long they will be down for. this should be the first stop.

Shadowlander

Good idea.

Coming to the forums before logging in is not a valid solution. Not that the server status page is all that accurate, so I don't know how accurate the feature could be.

There would be a lot of "game unavailable" buttons when the servers are up.
    Last edited by Vilanye; 07-17-2015 at 09:00 AM.

there usually is - "Rift is in a planned maintenance window, are you sure you want to connect?"

Quote Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
    Hi,

I wasted a lot of time this morning trying to determine if my problem with connecting to the character selection screen was my fault or the game's fault before I finally found a message on Reddit saying all the EU and NA shards were down.

Simply changing the PLAY button on the Glyph screen to GAME UNAVAILABLE would make life SO much easier for players.

Thanks for listening!
    Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    there usually is - "Rift is in a planned maintenance window, are you sure you want to connect?"
    This is a feature of Defiance and Trove. Typically if the servers are down for whatever reason the "PLAY" button is grayed out and you can not click it, or it says "OFFLINE" where the play button is.

Seems that since its already a feature of Glyph, Rift should be able to do the same thing as those games.

Would be even nicer if they could just add an ETA on that same spot or on hover over that button. They posts ETA's in the forums so why not there. A LOT of people do not use the forums or they rely on in-game information, so having that information right on the glyph screen would be reaching a larger audience.
    Last edited by Nogardgib; 07-17-2015 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Additions

<O└d Skool>

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

So we're aware that if you don't switch off the game screen the maintenance notice can fail to display. This is on a list of things to fix.

+ Reply to Thread