+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Amazed

Soulwalker

Default Amazed

Soo, Hello everybody

I'm a begginer and today i just found something: THIS IS GAME IS BEUTIFUL.lemme explain

I played this game for one hour or two four days ago, i played it on min-low because my pc sucked and still the highest peak of fps i had was 24.Today i played it on ultra and a new audio set.Goose bumps boys, GOOSE BUMPS.
    i've never felt such a thing in a video game, the water was just, smoooth, the sky felt like real and i literally spent 5 minutes just watching it, then i had a quest where i had to fish some false sharks.Best time of my life.Then i went into the water and it was just, i can't even.I don't know if anyone know what i'm trying to say, but i just love this game and i wouldn't mind spenting the rest of my lane playing it.Last but not least, a grateful thanks to whoever made this game, i'm not thanking trion, but who designed this masterpiece.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

I'll pass that on to our art team.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleH View Post
    the sky felt like real and i literally spent 5 minutes just watching it
    Just wait until you get to zones with these kind of sky boxes

Ascendant

Welcome to the game. Enjoy. Awesome that you're having a great time .... and yes, this is how some of us still feel after years of being here....

And you have so many things yet to discover....

Edit: as slipmat said, he beat me to it

Last edited by Faerugue; 07-16-2015 at 12:00 PM.

Seratos was one of my favorite zones. It was so well put together with the skybox and decorations; it really gave the atmosphere of the Shaper Ghouls' presence.

The Plane of Water is also gorgeous. Even though I don't particularly enjoy traversing Goboro Reef, it is really well done as a zone. Tarken Glacier even more so, some of the views you get in that zone are breathtaking (for a video game).

There is no doubt that this is quite a beautiful game from a graphics point of view. Probably one of the best I've seen myself and I play on ultra.

I still feel this, and I started the game right after it came out. It's not just the visuals, I love the music as well. Imo the music goes so well with the maps! I had so many OH moments, when I visited something for the first time. Seriously the two combined together is OMG.
    Above mentioned gorgeous Seratos, with its sickish music, the exotic Ember Isle, the harsh, cold Tarken, where I feel so little everytime... and all the others.. seriously I don't know how to say it.

Like Stillmoore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwhqN2KuD_E

At 0:17 it nearly tears my heart every time I hear it. It's so good!

I also agree with this, and feel the same way. I've been playing since May 2014, and to this day, the landscapes just blow me away. I fully understand the "goose bumps". Believe me, I do.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Welcome to Rift.

Word of advice - take your time and look around... there's a LOT to see. Nifty little details and things tucked away around the zones. Explore, climb up things, down things, fall off cliffs (yay no falling damage).

And above all, have fun.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

I played many mmo's. The 1st thing I go for in an mmo is the realism in the zones and the NPC & player models. Example: WoW was way too cartoonish for me. I lasted a moth till I could not take it anymore. AoC was pretty decent as well as stwor and GW2. But Rift is absolutely perfect imo. Love the realism aspect in the zones and characters. Sometimes I come home from work totally burnt out, get in game and just cruise the different zones or check out other peoples dimensions and chill, (cause i'm too burnt to do anything else). As long as I am in game.... in Rift, life is good. and all my RL issues melt away.

EDIT: I went on a rant and forgot to say: Welcome to Rift DoubleH !!
    Last edited by Azteck; 07-16-2015 at 02:54 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

So many of us have fallen in love with this game especially because of the art work. As many genres choose the bright, cartoon styles (which is also awesome) Telara remains near and dear because of the realism, moods, layers and depth.

In among all that is humor and elegance not found in many games anymore and I too would cheer on a Rift 2 or a Telara Chronicles that finds us continuing to enjoy such exquisite art work for more years to come on that engine of god mode godliness to take it all in without a tremor...

Welcome to Telara.

And, being in a hurry to get dinner on the table, I totally spaced:

Welcome to the best game in the world! I love Rift, and I'm glad others are finding the game, and loving it too!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleH View Post
    Soo, Hello everybody

I'm a begginer and today i just found something: THIS IS GAME IS BEUTIFUL.lemme explain

I played this game for one hour or two four days ago, i played it on min-low because my pc sucked and still the highest peak of fps i had was 24.Today i played it on ultra and a new audio set.Goose bumps boys, GOOSE BUMPS.
    i've never felt such a thing in a video game, the water was just, smoooth, the sky felt like real and i literally spent 5 minutes just watching it, then i had a quest where i had to fish some false sharks.Best time of my life.Then i went into the water and it was just, i can't even.I don't know if anyone know what i'm trying to say, but i just love this game and i wouldn't mind spenting the rest of my lane playing it.Last but not least, a grateful thanks to whoever made this game, i'm not thanking trion, but who designed this masterpiece.
    IKR I spend most of my time in RIFT enjoying the landscape...time I probably should spend lvling but oh well

Telaran

Right there with you. I've played off and on since pre-launch. Always on low because I had a really crap PC that cried (and was usually the reason I took my breaks from the game as well, the lag got to me.) I finally got a not as crappy pc and have been playing again and for awhile I had Ultra. (something happened between 2 months ago and now where I had to turn it down again because the game slowed to a crawl) but even on medium I still find myself just sitting and..looking, at everything. certain zones. Stillmoor. OMG, and a place in shimmersand when the sun is going down across the water. It's so incredible.

I love this game. And I hope you will as well.

Soulwalker

Default okay

Sure it may look good, but it HATES Nividia graphics cards, there is little to no utilization of them, so FPS is always up the sh8t, avg 20-40 in dungeons and warfronts , 60 odd roaming and at time 4fps in conquest , its all over the internet how badly this game and Nvidia get along and graphics card gets to <20% max , my settings are all mostly low , ultra just screws FPS more

More game friendly GPU utilization would be great

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast