+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20Likes
  • 5 Post By Ocho
  • 10 Post By Vladd
  • 1 Post By Necalli
  • 2 Post By Nuuli
  • 2 Post By AsdMike

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Do Patron Bonuses Stack with the Compensation Bonus?

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Do Patron Bonuses Stack with the Compensation Bonus?

Yes they do.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

Ocho asked me to stop by to explain how bonuses stack since there seems to be some confusion as to what stacks with what and where bonuses are applied.

First off, there are several types of XP buffs. There are those that cover all experience gained such as the Patron passive buff, D.O.P.E., and the new one from the Ascended Cape (up to level 60). There are also those that only affect XP gained by killing creatures and players such as the Rested XP buff and the RIFT XP bonus currently in effect.

Secondly, just about every bonus XP source will stack. The only exceptions are those from the same source.

Example 1: Patron 40% bonus, Orange Tier Treasure Map, Transcended XP Vial, Rested XP, and Ascended XP bonus weekend all stack together when applied to kills. That means that on a kill, you are getting 40% (patron) + 10% (Treasure Map) + 160% (XP Vial) + 40% (Rested) + 50% (RIFT Bonus) for a total of 300%. For questing, you would only get 210%.

Example 2: Same as above except that you have Black Tier Treasure Map. In this case, because both Treasure Maps are on the same stack group, the Black Tier one would trump the Orange Tier one and thus your totals would be 305% for kills and 215% for everything else.

Also, it is important to note that only Rested XP should show on the XP bar. We can look at adding in cumulative bonus display in the future.

I hope that clears up some of the confusion about how bonus experience stacks. We try to be as clear as possible on the individual buffs as to if they are for kills only or if they apply to all sources. If you come across as source that you believe to be mislabeled or not working correctly, Please let us know and we'll look into it.

Happy Rifting!

Appreciate the post, thanks guys!

Default Bonus XP Example at Goboro Reef: Look at those numbers!

TY for the explanation. I think a cumulative display of exp would be a nice feature. There is just so much confusion as to what stacks and I have seen it at times where my stacking did not add up right. I feel the need I have to check and make sure I am getting the correct exp all the time.

Something that I have seen other mention as well, is about PA capped players. Those of us who are PA capped are generally the ones that play the game the most. But yet when these exp bonuses comes out it literally does nothing for us veterans (unless we are leveling another alt but by this time I think all veterans will have their set characters leveled already). Just seems like as a veteran player I lose out on any exp bonus. I know in the past Trion send us transcendant boost packs, which are nice because they have bonuses for everything in there and you can choose when to use it. I don't really pvp so the pvp items I never use, but I would use some of the other stuff in there. People have different play styles and play the game differently than others, limiting bonus to exp seems to be targeting certain players and excluding ones that do not really use that bonus.

Idk giving us a bonus XP period during a time of much server downtime seems to be a moot point. It would be better to get boost packs that we can use later when the shards are more stable. Just my 2 cents in the bucket for what its worth.

Great explanation Vladd. Thanks for taking the time to do that, and thanks for the bonuses!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by AsdMike View Post
    TY for the explanation. I think a cumulative display of exp would be a nice feature. There is just so much confusion as to what stacks and I have seen it at times where my stacking did not add up right. I feel the need I have to check and make sure I am getting the correct exp all the time.

Something that I have seen other mention as well, is about PA capped players. Those of us who are PA capped are generally the ones that play the game the most. But yet when these exp bonuses comes out it literally does nothing for us veterans (unless we are leveling another alt but by this time I think all veterans will have their set characters leveled already). Just seems like as a veteran player I lose out on any exp bonus. I know in the past Trion send us transcendant boost packs, which are nice because they have bonuses for everything in there and you can choose when to use it. I don't really pvp so the pvp items I never use, but I would use some of the other stuff in there. People have different play styles and play the game differently than others, limiting bonus to exp seems to be targeting certain players and excluding ones that do not really use that bonus.

Idk giving us a bonus XP period during a time of much server downtime seems to be a moot point. It would be better to get boost packs that we can use later when the shards are more stable. Just my 2 cents in the bucket for what its worth.
    I know with minion rewards, if you are capped for reputation, you get coin instead. Perhaps give those who are already fully capped on xp, maybe offer some kind of coin reward. Maybe let them choose to first cap the lower quality coin, which then goes to the higher level coins, and so on. This means that the person would then be able to cap out everything eventually, but they would more than likely spend the coin on stuff if they know they will make more. Or allow them to send the capped coins to their alts, like we did with some currencies.
    Increase the peace, decrease the chaos.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by AsdMike View Post
    I know in the past Trion send us transcendant boost packs, which are nice because they have bonuses for everything in there and you can choose when to use it.
    The Troves of Boosts are currently being sold as part of the "Power Pack". It's highly unlikely that they would consider giving those away for free anymore.

+ Reply to Thread