+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ty for extended maintenance compensation.. Except!

Soulwalker

Default Ty for extended maintenance compensation.. Except!

I'm happy that Trion is the sort of business who will unnecessarily own up to the fact that something took longer than they wanted, with a gift that they frankly don't have to give. It's a good gesture to the players! And I'd like to thank them for that. Thank you!

However.. I can't help but notice a clash between two events going on in the next few days. From what I've read over the forums, this 50% bonus won't stack with existing Patron bonuses. That's its own whole basket of eggs, but with the free three days Patron time going up on the 17th, it presents a problem. If the bonus doesn't stack, won't that free Patron time effectively overwrite most of the 50% bonus' time frame? Rift going live on the 16th means we'd be getting four free days of 50% bonus experience. A fair trade to be sure. However, if everyone gets three free days of Patron time on the 17th to the 19th, the remaining three days of 50% really just disappear underneath Patron bonuses.

BONUS EXP:
    16th --- 17th --- 18th --- 19th

plus

BONUS PATRON:
    --------- 17th --- 18th --- 19th

becomes

BONUS EXP:
    16th ---
    BONUS PATRON
    --------- 17th --- 18th --- 19th

Already being a Patron, if things don't stack it doesn't affect me either way. But if they definitely aren't going to and you still want to offer recompense to the community, maybe a different flavor of gift is in order? I'd imagine that by offering four days of 50% boosting, you felt that four days of 50% boosting was a fair compensation.
    The way it looks though, there's really only one day of 50% compensation boost being offered to the non-Patron community, plus the non-related three days Patron time, and zero days of 50% compensation boost being offered to Patrons (but three extra days of [non-related] Patron time of course!).

Hopefully all is moot and they stack, but in the event they don't I look forward to the possibly of a slightly altered community gift. Thank you again Trion : )

Telaran

It's all friggin pointless anyway for many of us. We're either maxed on XP, PA, and/or are already Patron.

It kinda pisses me off already when I get PA XP or Rep as a reward for a quest, with no option for some alternative compensation, when I'm already maxed.

Soulwalker

But isn't patron only 40%? Wouldn't that mean even with patron you'd at least get a 10% boost? Yea I know it's minor but if so it's a positive way to look at something that we're lucky to get at all.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Quote Originally Posted by Seresu View Post
    However.. I can't help but notice a clash between two events going on in the next few days. From what I've read over the forums, this 50% bonus won't stack with existing Patron bonuses.
    It should stack.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    It should stack.
    It doesn't. Xp 103K. given 153K. which should have been 193K roughly. This also occured earlier in a special event... might have to check the calcs/program again.

Rift Master

Keep your so-called compensation which is a slap in the face to patrons. I would just like back all the boxes, caches and crates I opened to find nothing in them but a few marks in a Bolt crate to absolutely nothing in the event chests and oh boy am I excited about the 9 wf chest holding my buck and a half allowance.

Who cares if a worthless compensation stacks if you are already capped?
    Last edited by tirza; 07-16-2015 at 03:34 AM.

Rift Disciple

yes i don t want xp i can t use i want things to work as intended and all the stuff i lost back, every time i spend money on game it turns out broken and is never fixed just new shineys to spend money on.

This just makes me never want spend anything ever on this game again. When I can actually afford to spend anything.

The cost off new mats is too much and recipes wipe out most of or all my craft marks .

Where is Apothecary And Runecrafting And Possibly Other Lure Weeklies?

This is fine if I have more money than sense and want buy everything all the time and use money as t-paper, but some people like to play game to earn or acquire things through game not always pay money, but has become impossible to do that.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    It should stack.
    lol 'should'

Plane Touched

Default Patrons don't get the 50% at all!!

I can verify it doesn't. From this morning:

You gained 384845 PA XP (109955 Bonus XP). Do the math, that's ONLY my normal 40% Patron bonus, not even upped to 50%, let alone stacked.

Sad days being a patron has its downsides. But at least we have summon primalist trainer now.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by KaterinaAmaranth View Post
    I can verify it doesn't. From this morning:

You gained 384845 PA XP (109955 Bonus XP). Do the math, that's ONLY my normal 40% Patron bonus, not even upped to 50%, let alone stacked.
    50% bonus only from kills

If you don't like the compensation; ignore it.

Trion literally did not have to give you anything for making you do something with your life for a few hours over server issues.

You all need to learn to be more appreciative and positive instead of inspecting everything to be perfect or handled to you.

Because in the end; if the compensation isn't enough or valid for you then just pretend it's not there. It would just be like there was no compensation and literally no downside for you.

Quote Originally Posted by chazinggir View Post
    If you don't like the compensation; ignore it.

Trion literally did not have to give you anything for making you do something with your life for a few hours over server issues.

You all need to learn to be more appreciative and positive instead of inspecting everything to be perfect or handled to you.

Because in the end; if the compensation isn't enough or valid for you then just pretend it's not there. It would just be like there was no compensation and literally no downside for you.
    You're right they aren't, but it's generally a good idea to keep your costumers happy as happy costumers tend to stay longer than unhappy, basic marketing really.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ramcius View Post
    50% bonus only from kills
    XP only .. PA simply says 50% bonus, at least on the login message. But BTW, it's also not stacking for kills (at least not the PA, I'm maxed XP at level 65).

And no offense, people, but jumping on someone who points out that the bonus is bugged is a bit ridiculous. I didn't moan or complain, I simply posted an observation that what Ocho said isn't accurate, so either the statement is in error or the bonus coding is bugged.

Soulwalker

Thumbs down I can confirm this

I can confirm that we are NOT getting the +40% xp bonus due to downtime on top of our patron bonus. If you mouse over your XP bar in game (like in EQ2) it tells you that you are (if you're a patron) only getting 140% xp. Thats 100% (as normal) + 40% (from patron). This seems broken at the moment. I mean I think its cool they are giving us an extra boost to say they are sorry for the downtime, but dont give it to me if it isnt going to work. Yeah they could have given us nothing at all, and in fact thats pretty much what we got, but giving it to us under false pretenses is a whole thing entirely. Read: "Hey guys we are sorry about the downtime, so to say we are sorry we are gonna give you an extra +40% xp bonus till this Sunday......except we're not. Haha trololololololololol...."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast