Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree63Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 11 Total hours of downtime for today

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #46
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aaiden View Post
    I'd honestly be 100 percent OK with this if they also fixed the issues with Planar Crated items with this patch as well.
    AFAIK, no this is not included in the downtime work.

The way this works is when there is an all hands crisis like what we have here in the office right now, the last thing we want to do with an absolute emergency patch is see how many fixes we can cram into it, each addition adding risk and requiring more QA cycles verifying before we can publish the update.

Right now the drill is to minimize risk and get things back up as soon as safely possible.

P.S. - afaik, the issue you speak of already has a fix in place and should go out with the next non-emergency patch.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post

The way this works is when there is an all hands crisis like what we have here in the office right now, the last thing we want to do with an absolute emergency patch is see how many fixes we can cram into it, each addition adding risk and requiring more QA cycles verifying before we can publish the update.

Right now the drill is to minimize risk and get things back up as soon as safely possible.

P.S. - afaik, the issue you speak of already has a fix in place and should go out with the next non-emergency patch.
    Fair enough. So will these changes go live next Wednesday, or tomorrow? Most of the bug fix patches that happen in these scenarios (after a major patch) come out next day, so I am just checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post

Thank you for taking a moment of fire drill going on to respond. I can understand the "oh crap it is going down do something" moment and how much it takes to spare a lone sole to come speak to the masses, been there done that. I hope each person who has been on what has to be a 10+hr shift has gotten a breathing break. Good luck and perhaps tomorrow will be stable and safe while lacking the programmer sleeping in a whimpering ball under his/her desk with nightmares of coding searches.

Dear Trion Worlds. Please make sure they have plenty of coffee and cots to sleep on so they dont have to drive home sleepy. Also please give them extra days of freedom and love and a week in Disney land for being there most of today. They deserve so much more.

Soulwalker

New drinking game...1 shot each time Aaiden mentions the Faeblight 1-day rollback.

I think we're at 5 today...but I could be wrong because I've got a good buzz going.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zilthorn View Post
    New drinking game...1 shot each time Aaiden mentions the Faeblight 1-day rollback.

I think we're at 5 today...but I could be wrong because I've got a good buzz going.
    Guess I'm just having flashbacks. Faeblight rollback Faeblight rollback Faeblight rollback. There, have fun with that one

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #52

Quote Originally Posted by Aaiden View Post
    Fair enough. So will these changes go live next Wednesday, or tomorrow? Most of the bug fix patches that happen in these scenarios (after a major patch) come out next day, so I am just checking.
    Most likely next week.

We don't currently have any plans for a cleanup patch tomorrow. Focus is on server stability which we're working on for tonight.

Once that's done, folks will be heading out to get some well deserved rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilthorn View Post

If I were still able to edit my Drinking Game (see my signature), I could add the Faeblight Rollback (regardless of who mentions it).

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Soulwalker

I was there for it as well - I know the feeling - just having some fun while the shards are down.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    Most likely next week.

We don't currently have any plans for a cleanup patch tomorrow. Focus is on server stability which we're working on for tonight.

Fair enough (but I wish it was coming out sooner than Wednesday, oh well, I'll live).

I'm a lightweight.
    I'd be passed out drunk on my keyboard before the third page.
    Thunderkat (65) - Tekay (65) - Pfifer (65) - Visionary (65) - Rhailo (65)

<Bounty>'s GL - NA chillest.

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    Most likely next week.

Wish we could give the poor souls working this late a at a boy/girl award. I have visions of poor programers curled in balls under the meeting table but that dates me to the web browser wars that few know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Fantastic View Post
    I don't like bait threads.
    I'm not a big fan either.

That being said we hate downtime way more than you guys do. We're doing everything we can to get the servers back up as quickly as possible. If we were to put them back up right now they could run into problems, so we're fixing that.

Locking this one.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4