+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree203Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shared Bank Vault 2700 credits???

Quote Originally Posted by Maril View Post
    Let me play Devil's Advocate for a second.

Say you love Rift so much that you have 3-4 alts that you have gotten to level 65 so you can raid every night of the week.

Say you are one of those people that have been asking for an account wide bag for years.

Now that it's out, are you really telling me that's not worth $15?
    I raid on two characters, but they're not on the same shard.
    I'd rather have another account with its own guild bank that I can open a hell of a lot more slots on for less, and trade between characters than pay that much for a single bag of that size that doesn't solve my particular problem. I'm not sure how many people raid with multiple characters, but I think assuming they're all on the same shard will only work for a small percentage, even up to as much as half, but that's just my opinion.

I like that this option is there, but an account bank would be much more worthy of being paid for than a shard bank. With that said, I have no idea what that would require to actually work though, and am not surprised that it hasn't happened already.
    NA#1 T-Rex. One of the token aussies for -Lemme Smash-
    RIP Coriolis.

PrancingTurtle online log parser

Quote Originally Posted by Proclus_Lycaeus View Post
    I wish it was free, but given that I have a full shard of characters and 4 on another shard, being able to pass my artifacts from one character down the line of alts without having to deal with the costs involved with mailing ... not to mention the stupid "You have sent too many messages" error is well worth the 2 REX/3000P.
    Yeah.... I'm an altoholic. I have (wait, have to get the spreadsheet to count....) 40 toons across both regions (10 of them are just AH mules on shards), mainly on Wolfsbane NA and Zaviel EU. I'm happy for this, I don't really care how much it costs.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

I play in the EU so I didn't see it yet, but 32 slots + non extendable sounds a bit too small indeed.

I will still stay in my 2 person guild (me&husband) for the guild bank..

I still have to share crafting mats, artifacts, dimension items, whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by IAlwaysDie View Post
    I play in the EU so I didn't see it yet
    Well, right now noone on NA can see it either
    RIP Coriolis.

I would just like to point out that even if you can't craft from this vault (yet....?) at the very LEAST you don't have to mail mats to alts who craft.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    Yeah.... I'm an altoholic. I have (wait, have to get the spreadsheet to count....) 40 toons across both regions (10 of them are just AH mules on shards), mainly on Wolfsbane NA and Zaviel EU. I'm happy for this, I don't really care how much it costs.
    I am also a altaholic this is a godsend to me. Yes I do wish it was bigger but who wouldn't. I think the best part will be I dont have to guess who I accidentally sent mail to and who I forgot that has it sitting in their box. Or the take summerfest for example. Sending crystal burgers to 10 alts then logging on one and finding you forgot to send them some then logging out then forgetting who the heck needed them. The cost didn't bother me at all.

Once again the size. Who ever said size doesn't matter was so wrong.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #37

Quote Originally Posted by Salvador View Post
    Everyone is allowed to like and dislike whatever they want.

When I first logged in today I was excited about the shard wide bank vault. Once I figured out what that vault entailed I was immediately turned off from it. I decided not to buy it.

That will not keep me from buying Credits for fluff items that I don't need but find useful. I like supporting this game...just not with this particular item.
    This is fair criticism. It's not a feature that everyone will like or dislike, but we haven't changed other features to make it more necessary. Folks did well without it, some folks will find it worthwhile and others will continue to do things the way they always have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    Sending crystal burgers to 10 alts then logging on one and finding you forgot to send them some then logging out then forgetting who the heck needed them.
    This sort of thing plus the mention of the sending artifacts to alts is a great use of a resource like this, and will definitely be handy I might even start to do some things that I had been avoiding for that reason, it just remains to be seen how we use the space.
    It'd make sense if there was a UI option for crafting to be able to pull from this space, maybe not enable it by default but it'd be good to be able to use it similar to how the current banks work in that regard.
    RIP Coriolis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    I am also a altaholic this is a godsend to me. Yes I do wish it was bigger but who wouldn't. I think the best part will be I dont have to guess who I accidentally sent mail to and who I forgot that has it sitting in their box. Or the take summerfest for example. Sending crystal burgers to 10 alts then logging on one and finding you forgot to send them some then logging out then forgetting who the heck needed them. The cost didn't bother me at all.

Once again the size. Who ever said size doesn't matter was so wrong.
    Well, the size won't be such a big thing really - because you still save money not paying postage. Now, I have lots of accounts, so I'll just log into 2 or 3 or 4, open the shared vault, and move stuff around. It will be a little more time-consuming for those who have only one account, but it's still cheaper than postage!

I think the idea is fantastic, but the sticker shock of the price is turning people off. What I really would of like would be a escalating scale - 750 credits for 20 slots, 1250 for 40 or just have have it so you can keep adding on to it. Maybe if it was done in increments it would easier to tailor to individual players..
    Daphenia ~ 60 Warrior ~ Ebon Askavi ~ Hailol

Man looking for an argument: "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes."
    Arguer: "No it isn't." ~Monty Python's The Argument Clinic

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples View Post
    2700 credits is chump change, and the convenience of having it now, I am very grateful for them putting it in there.

For all those finding yet another thing to piss and moan about for an item of convience, my guess is that you're one of the supporters of O'bologna and his toadies.
    I was just about to type the exact same thing. That amount of plat can be easily grinded and i'm sure trion will add bank vaults in the future like they always do.

Question Big Question here...

Does one have to buy "the" vault on "every" alt, or just one time buy, and all on same shard have access?
    Last edited by Runningmoon; 07-15-2015 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Runningmoon View Post
    Does one have to buy "the" vault on every alt or just one time buy and all on same shard have access?
    Just once per shard.
    Daphenia ~ 60 Warrior ~ Ebon Askavi ~ Hailol

Man looking for an argument: "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes."
    Arguer: "No it isn't." ~Monty Python's The Argument Clinic

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #44

Quote Originally Posted by Daphenia View Post
    Just once per shard.
    Once per account. You then have it on every shard.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    because you still save money not paying postage.
    At an ballpark average of 1800 plat per Rex, you'll break even on the shared bank after ~2.6 million mailed items.

Put another way, if you mailed 100 items a day, every day, it'd take around 71 years to recoup the cost of the bank in postage. Alternately, you'd have to mail ~7200 items a day, every day of the year to recoup the cost in one year.

That's not to discount the convenience of the thing, but if you're looking to save money on stamps, this ain't the way.

This post has been brought to you by the good people at Mathematics (tm).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast