+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
Like Tree5Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shared Bank Vault

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    52

    Default Shared Bank Vault

    Quick question about the new (shard) shared bank vault:
    Will crafting access mats from this new vault?
    If so how will it prioritize, shared then personal or personal then shared?

  2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team Gingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darktwo View Post
    Quick question about the new (shard) shared bank vault:
    Will crafting access mats from this new vault?
    If so how will it prioritize, shared then personal or personal then shared?
    Currently no, you can't yet craft from this new shard vault. We have an engineer who is working on making this happen but no guarantees if it's possible (this system on the back end is rather complicated).

  3. #3
    dbe
    dbe is offline
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    906

    Default

    Yeah just tried it and no deal. Shame, this was a big reason I wanted a shared vault.

    Well this would be my number 1 request, #2 being a way to increase the size.

  4. #4
    Ascendant BlackZodiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,623

    Default

    I would have loved to see ALL Shard bank tab. Meaning ALL characters would have access to this tab.

    With future upgrades for expansion, purchasable through the shop
    Last edited by BlackZodiac; 07-15-2015 at 01:43 PM.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darktwo View Post
    Quick question about the new (shard) shared bank vault:
    Will crafting access mats from this new vault?
    If so how will it prioritize, shared then personal or personal then shared?
    sorry i dont understand sentence and before buying it i want to know
    that means you can put crafting mats in shard vault? i thought you could put everything (less souldbound items hehe)

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara Seelinnikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    Currently no, you can't yet craft from this new shard vault. We have an engineer who is working on making this happen but no guarantees if it's possible (this system on the back end is rather complicated).
    Huh?
    I am not programmer, but, cant the vault be like a normal bank for all intents and purposes, and you create a code line that has a tag of sorts, with permissions just like guild banks?

    So it would work exactly like guild banks, but the permission tag would be your alts.

    The guild banks have already permissions based on rank, so, instead of rank you do a server check for characters in X realm on Y account, which is your account, and you add them to the permission list...

    Dont need to thank me.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Chabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    124

    Default

    The ONLY reason I wanted shared bank space was for crafting purposes. So I just saved a bunch of credits I guess. :/

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chabi View Post
    The ONLY reason I wanted shared bank space was for crafting purposes. So I just saved a bunch of credits I guess. :/

    ^^ This

    And wow, 3k creds? Thats like $20, or almost 3 rex, or 4500plat...no thanks.

  9. #9
    Shield of Telara Daphenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    711

    Default

    From what I see you can put crafting mats in the vault, it just will not automatically pull them from the vault while crafting. You will need to fetch the items from the shared vault and walk 2 steps to the craft tool.

    I was really excited to see this in the patch notes and then really disappointed when I saw the cost. Not really worth 3k credits to me- will continue my mail system!
    Daphenia ~ 60 Warrior ~ Ebon Askavi ~ Hailol

    Man looking for an argument: "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes."
    Arguer: "No it isn't." ~Monty Python's The Argument Clinic

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Wish I had known about no crafting from shared bank before I bought it. Lol

  11. #11
    Shield of Telara Daphenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rainy17 View Post
    Wish I had known about no crafting from shared bank before I bought it. Lol
    It still makes it convenient to dump the stuff minons bring to you in one place so whichever alt needs it can grab it instead of mailing it back and forth.
    Daphenia ~ 60 Warrior ~ Ebon Askavi ~ Hailol

    Man looking for an argument: "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes."
    Arguer: "No it isn't." ~Monty Python's The Argument Clinic

  12. #12
    Shadowlander chazinggir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackZodiac View Post
    I would have loved to see ALL Shard bank tab. Meaning ALL characters would have access to this tab.

    With future upgrades for expansion, purchasable through the shop
    And only the low low price of 216,000 credits!

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daphenia View Post
    It still makes it convenient to dump the stuff minons bring to you in one place so whichever alt needs it can grab it instead of mailing it back and forth.
    *smacks head* Artifact sharing...OMGD you are a genius...that would save me so much mailing
    artifacts to 5 toons....now where to find 3k creds ....

  14. #14
    Plane Touched Morgraine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Why is it called a shard vault?
    Last edited by Morgraine; 07-15-2015 at 05:16 PM. Reason: nm :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    I mean how complicated is stay outta the orange crap?

  15. #15
    Telaran Tewa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Minnesota USA
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darktwo View Post
    *smacks head* Artifact sharing...OMGD you are a genius...that would save me so much mailing artifacts to 5 toons....now where to find 3k creds ....
    Artifacts are why I finally created a guild ("Solitude") just for myself and my alts. I've been using the guild vault as my shared vault.

    The next thing that would help clean up my inventory micro-management mega-headache is to do with dimension items what they did with wardrobe.
    Last edited by Tewa; 07-15-2015 at 05:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts