+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3.3 patch note clarification questions

Default 3.3 patch note clarification questions

* Fixed a bug when planar essences would not update inside planar foci.
    Does this mean we no longer have to unsocket essences to upgrade them?

* The Power Pack ... Grab it while it's available
    How long?

* Additionally, all interrupt abilities now require the caster to face the target.
    Booo!

* (GF) The Foaming at the mouth debuff is now automatically cleared when Glasya is defeated.
    * (IT) This dungeon now has exit portals!
    This has been true for a few patches. Better late than never!

* Fixed a tooltip issue on the Embrace trinket in Rhen of Fate. It now reports all of the healing it will do when its shield expires from a target.
    What's the amount now?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    I believe this refers to an older issue. Specifically, the one around when the marauder items got upgraded: to get the procs to increase many people found that you had to unsocket and reequip the essences to get their new improved procs.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

The Power Pack is now available in the RIFT Store, containing an all new Ember Lifter hovering mount, a 32 slot bag, loads of Transcendent Boosts and an Ascended Cloak that will scale with level all the way up to 60! Grab it while it's available to score all of these awesome rewards for all characters on your account!

So you buy one and you receive Ember mount, bag, boost, ect for all chars or just for char you bought it?

I dindt find any picture of ember lifter hovering mount i dont know how it is

Soulwalker

Another thing I would like to get clarified:
    * The difficulty setting can be changed repeatedly until the first boss of the instance has been slain, after which point the party will become locked to that difficulty setting for the remainder of the week.

I didn't watch the live stream so the reporter here might be wrong:
    http://riftgrate.com/2015/07/10/live...0th-july-2015/

You are allowed to switch to a lower-difficulty mode after each boss. However, you cannot return to a higher difficulty level for that instance lock.

The screenshots in the article do say the same as the patch notes.
    Last edited by Jegudiel; 07-15-2015 at 07:40 AM.

General of Telara

The Power pack can be bought on the Rift website for $19.99. You can also see what the mount looks like.

https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...ut.action?dd=1

Rift Disciple

so you buy it once you will receive in all your chars and future ones. perfect thanks for information

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

Correct, though you will have to unequip and reequip the foci.

Quote Originally Posted by Jegudiel View Post
    Another thing I would like to get clarified:
    * The difficulty setting can be changed repeatedly until the first boss of the instance has been slain, after which point the party will become locked to that difficulty setting for the remainder of the week.

I didn't watch the live stream so the reporter here might be wrong:
    http://riftgrate.com/2015/07/10/live...0th-july-2015/

You are allowed to switch to a lower-difficulty mode after each boss. However, you cannot return to a higher difficulty level for that instance lock.

The screenshots in the article do say the same as the patch notes.
    You can lower the difficulty at any point; however, you cannot raise the difficulty once the first boss is killed. This is how it was functioning on the PTS.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    To be clear, by "upgrade" I mean alt+clicking an essence, for example Dreambreaker into Frenetic. I could believe Foolio's interpretation of it as meaning when you change the stats of an existing essence though.
    If we no longer have to unsocket an essence to alt+click upgrade it, that was very nice of you.
    I suppose I'll find out when I get home tonight.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 07-15-2015 at 09:13 AM.

To be clear, by "upgrade" I mean alt+clicking an essence, for example Dreambreaker into Frenetic. I could believe Foolio's interpretation of it as meaning when you change the stats of an existing essence though.
    If we no longer have to unsocket an essence to alt+click upgrade it, that was very nice of you.
    I really hope this is the case.

I generally really like what Trion does with Rift most of the time and I'd gladly (and often do) spend money, but having to use essence removal devices is a very, very sh*tty mechanic.

Sword of Telara

The fact that they stated it was a bug, and that they used "update" rather than "upgrade" to me implied it was the marauder thingy.

I'd be far, far happier if it was in fact upgrade, though :P
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

What?! That's amazing! I see you guys fixed the random color tinting bug too.
    "* Implemented a possible fix to costume tint issues. If your costume tint changes unpredictably again, please report it to us!"
    Man, it's like freaking Christmas.

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

Apologies for the confusion:

There was a bug that occurred when we changed an essence. This change would not be reflected if that essence was already equipped: Only by unsocketing and resocketing the essence could you get the altered version. That has been adjusted so that you don't need to unsocket/resocket the essence, you can instead unequip-reequip the focus itself and it'll handle updating all the essences already socketed into it.

This bug was noticed when we improved one of the essences, which is why I parsed 'upgrade' in that way

Apologies for the confusion:

There was a bug that occurred when we changed an essence. This change would not be reflected if that essence was already equipped: Only by unsocketing and resocketing the essence could you get the altered version. That has been adjusted so that you don't need to unsocket/resocket the essence, you can instead unequip-reequip the focus itself and it'll handle updating all the essences already socketed into it.

This bug was noticed when we improved one of the essences, which is why I parsed 'upgrade' in that way
    You know that voice Atrophinius when he screams "MMMMEEEEEEAAAADDDD!!!" imagine that but instead of saying need he's screaming "NNNNOOOOOO!!!!"
    Last edited by Necalli; 07-15-2015 at 09:44 AM.

Thanks for the clarification.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast