+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Nuuli
  • 1 Post By Meteorblade

Thread: Update on Frost Keeper Weapon

Question Update on Frost Keeper Weapon

Hi there!

Would there be any update or changes on the Frost Keeper Weapons? I am one of the few people who had recently purchased it at Rift Store and after a few tests, I noticed that DPS increase is just slightly above that of fully upgraded PVP gear and default NTE weapons.Sometimes, it even goes just a bit lower. The reason could be that Frost Keeper weapons don't have Procs in them. The hit and weapon damage increase is a major plus but it really isnt worth the credits or the fragments. Heart of the frozen does upgrade it to a higher tier but still very minimal (Any significant increase of DPS would be to put a huge amount of points on "Weapon Damage Contribution" spec).Additionally, heart of the frozen is hard to come by these days since rolls on this particular drop isn't class based and thus making your chances of getting one extremely slim.

We are not asking for the T2 equivalent procs since it will remove the value of relic raid weapons (which i believe should still be the best). Even an NTE or pvp gear proc equivalent would be nice and make the spend worth it.

Phs

No.

Want T1 weapons with procs? Do raids and get the drops. The shop gear is to fill in the gaps so you can advance to the next tier quicker.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    No.

Want T1 weapons with procs? Do raids and get the drops. The shop gear is to fill in the gaps so you can advance to the next tier quicker.
    Or just wait til next week, and get a planar crafted one

Aenomaly former <Fires of Heaven>
    Aenomaly - Draenor
    T1: 12/12 - T2: 15/15 - T3: 9/9 - World #1 Arisen Arak
    "A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, itís not that good."

No.

and yet Trion expects us to accept that the "filler" gear is pvp BiS attainable through pvp...

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

No.

Hmm i think you hit the right spot there. Thanks. It did fill up the gap (particularly the HIT req). But ill definitely not just think twice but many times over before spending money on Rift Store gears >_> . . I spend real money to gear myself up since i don't have the luxury of extensive grinding. Instead i grind in real life and spend the money i have on store. But meh, this new update will definitely be something and i'm looking forward to it.

PS: If no damage procs, can the Frost Keeper Weapon procs instead do transformations ones just for the fun. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    and yet Trion expects us to accept that the "filler" gear is pvp BiS attainable through pvp...
    And this "filler' gear isn't worth the price too. Price is too high for a filler which will eventually be replaced anyway.. With all the updates rift is undergoing, these premium gears are being left behind by free new ones so fast that they can even compare to iPhones. Buy one now and after a few months another "model" comes out which makes the later version obsolete.

A good example are the old world gears and the great hunt essences. By the time players finish the achievement quests, they'll be already 65 and better ones are in AH just for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicblitz XXL View Post
    Hmm i think you hit the right spot there. Thanks. It did fill up the gap (particularly the HIT req). But ill definitely not just think twice but many times over before spending money on Rift Store gears >_> . . I spend real money to gear myself up since i don't have the luxury of extensive grinding. Instead i grind in real life and spend the money i have on store. But meh, this new update will definitely be something and i'm looking forward to it.

PS: If no damage procs, can the Frost Keeper Weapon procs instead do transformations ones just for the fun. . .
    So you spend real money to obtain items that other people spend time to obtain. Then you complain that the items become obsolete too quickly. Maybe you should think twice about using real money. Or you could just raid and get the drops and the currency needed to buy them without real money. Raiding to get raid gear; what a novel idea!
    Savik of Greybriar
    Guild Leader, TKagi Ro (Level 30)
    3/3 BoS

Quote Originally Posted by saviktkr View Post
    So you spend real money to obtain items that other people spend time to obtain. Then you complain that the items become obsolete too quickly. Maybe you should think twice about using real money. Or you could just raid and get the drops and the currency needed to buy them without real money. Raiding to get raid gear; what a novel idea!
    That's a good idea, nobody pay for anything and just raid. How long will this business last? I think the op mentioned real life grinding. Must be a reason why Rift store is selling these items...

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Must be a reason why Rift store is selling these items...
    There is.

Imagine that you've taken a break from Rift for six months.

You've come back and find that there aren't that many MS / TF / ROF runs any more. Everyone's doing Hammerknell now and if you want to join them that means you need to get 1200 hit as soon as possible.

Your choices then are to raid T1 for weeks / months until you get the drops you need, or you pay some IRL cash to Trion and buy your way to being T2 capable immediately. The store is a catch-up method for people who are cash-rich and time-poor to be able to raid the current tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    There is.

Imagine that you've taken a break from Rift for six months.

You've come back and find that there aren't that many MS / TF / ROF runs any more. Everyone's doing Hammerknell now and if you want to join them that means you need to get 1200 hit as soon as possible.

Your choices then are to raid T1 for weeks / months until you get the drops you need, or you pay some IRL cash to Trion and buy your way to being T2 capable immediately. The store is a catch-up method for people who are cash-rich and time-poor to be able to raid the current tier.
    Yes it's one of the reasons too, but hopefully Trion keeps in mind that they cater to a variety of players with differing preferences. Not everyone will spend money upon return and others may completely abandon or find another game to play if the cost of being in par with average gear is too much. If i have to spend this amount of cash just to make me spend more time grinding, I would just leave. But if the gears themselves are well maintained and will still be competitive in an acceptable time, i would be willing to invest on it. It's just my opinion though, and i'm sure Trion knows what they are doing, but this kind of practice tends to make it's customers distrust any in-game promotion or products they will offer in the future and may affect repetitive purchase.

Any game update creates this rippling effect on its community and this applies to every game out there. Update a particular area of the game and it creates positive and negative feedback and this goes on and on and on. Which is why, it is vital for Trion to be versatile. Ignoring a particular area or consumer group of the game too long and it will cause a significant toll (and im sure we have all seen the effects of it already).

+ Reply to Thread