+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Least gear dependant class (PVE)?

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    52

    Unhappy Least gear dependant class (PVE)?

    First off, I know that probably every single class will be gear dependant (or skill dependant too I guess) if you want to reach certain endgame content, I'd just like to know which ones would fare best without great gear compared to other equivalent specs, I am a new player and have been having some trouble deciding which class to stick with, so far I've been leveling a cleric and a mage mostly, I enjoy healing and dps moreso than tanking and I do not care for pvp at all.
    I am currently playing free but I might a little bit if I find it worth doing so (for souls and the like)

    So thoughts?

    Oh in the title by class I mean souls/specs moreso than class.
    Last edited by Tesla21; 07-10-2015 at 07:45 PM.

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,257

    Default

    All and none of them.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Just play reaver,fak it.

  4. #4
    Sword of Telara Nithydux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    All and none of them.
    This.

    Having the right spec and knowing how to play it makes a bigger difference than any amount of gear.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nithydux View Post
    This.

    Having the right spec and knowing how to play it makes a bigger difference than any amount of gear.
    Hm what I meant is that for example "gearless" Shaman will be doing X amount of dps compared to say "gearless" (some other dps spec) doing 1.5X amount of dps, assuming similar player skill and optimal conditions, even though they might even out with proper gear, or get outscaled.

    But I take this isn't significant in Rift then?
    Last edited by Tesla21; 07-10-2015 at 08:35 PM.

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,257

    Default

    None of it matters because all the classes suck without gear and they all get significantly better with gear if you're playing optimal specs.

    You don't seem to understand how gear works in this game. There are tiers of gear. That's it. There is no "good" and "bad" gear within that tier. You either have gear or you don't. Therefor, every class is just as gear dependent as the other.

    Reason being that no one cares about balance pre-level cap and even once you hit level cap, it is all gear tier. There is no such thing as "gearless" in this game. Period. You are always geared. It is not freaking Diablo 3 where picking the wrong piece means you're worthless or do significantly less damage.
    Last edited by evantide; 07-10-2015 at 08:45 PM.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    None of it matters because all the classes suck without gear and they all get significantly better with gear if you're playing optimal specs.

    You don't seem to understand how gear works in this game. There are tiers of gear. That's it. There is no "good" and "bad" gear within that tier. You either have gear or you don't. Therefor, every class is just as gear dependent as the other.

    Reason being that no one cares about balance pre-level cap and even once you hit level cap, it is all gear tier. There is no such thing as "gearless" in this game. Period. You are always geared. It is not freaking Diablo 3 where picking the wrong piece means you're worthless or do significantly less damage.
    Alright makes sense, thanks.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla21 View Post
    Alright makes sense, thanks.
    Gear power creep (difference in raw power between gear tier) in NT is extremely big.
    Even the best specs played well in trash gear, will preform like ****. For example a perfectly played spec in expert gear will do 50k then when you have full t1 raid gear you can easily do 75k dps in the same spec. That's just how it is.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser fatbahmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Gear power creep (difference in raw power between gear tier) in NT is extremely big.
    Even the best specs played well in trash gear, will preform like ****. For example a perfectly played spec in expert gear will do 50k then when you have full t1 raid gear you can easily do 75k dps in the same spec. That's just how it is.
    wow.

    /clap.

    a 10% difference is "extremely big"

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatbahmi View Post
    wow.

    /clap.

    a 10% difference is "extremely big"
    wow so clueless.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser fatbahmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    wow so clueless.
    Drowned Prophet's Warmask

    Frost Keeper's Warmask

    stat t2-t1 = difference = %age :

    int 304-269 = 35 = 13%
    wis 239-211 = 28 = 13.2%
    end 241-213 = 28 = 13.1%
    SP 141-124 = 17 = 13.7%

    what are you gonna do now? argue against hard numbers?

    here's from SL :

    Rift Walker's Strike Cowl

    Desolate Cowl

    115-96 = 19.7%
    90-75 = 15 = 20%
    91-76 = 15 = 20%
    53-39 = 35%
    Last edited by fatbahmi; 07-11-2015 at 12:41 PM.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatbahmi View Post
    Drowned Prophet's Warmask

    Frost Keeper's Warmask

    stat t2-t1 = difference = %age :

    int 304-269 = 35 = 13%
    wis 239-211 = 28 = 13.2%
    end 241-213 = 28 = 13.1%
    SP 141-124 = 17 = 13.7%

    what are you gonna do now? argue against hard numbers?
    sigh still clueless. I give up someone please help this man. 10% dps difference going from full expert to full T1 lol... good one 8/10

  13. #13
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,257

    Default

    Yo Tesla, if you're still reading. Basically FSN over there has no clue what he's talking about since every class scales like that, therefor, none of the classes are good without gear and all the classes need gear.

    Simple.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Yo Tesla, if you're still reading. Basically FSN over there has no clue what he's talking about since every class scales like that, therefor, none of the classes are good without gear and all the classes need gear.

    Simple.
    hmm I said gear power creep is large and without gear you are nothing and you confirms my point and calls me clueless. Are you like mental or something?

    so clueless sigh...
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 07-11-2015 at 12:44 PM.

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser fatbahmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    sigh still clueless. I give up someone please help this man. 10% dps difference going from full expert to full T1 lol... good one 8/10
    10% stat difference. i'd love to know how you got to 50k to 75k? unless you're counting nightblades using broken zerker procs.

    the boost in stats is just not enough to go from average to epic dps.
    Last edited by fatbahmi; 07-11-2015 at 01:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts