+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Least gear dependant class (PVE)?

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    hmm I said gear power creep is large and without gear you are nothing and you confirms my point and calls me clueless. Are you like mental or something?

so clueless sigh...
    and i just proved to you, WITH PROOF (which you rejected as clueless... lol... i wanna know who you are in-game so i can poke fun at your once-a-week bulf farm guild), that the difference in tiers in NT is SMALLER than what it was in SL.

too bad YOU dont know anything about this game.

Prophet of Telara

hmm I said gear power creep is large and without gear you are nothing and you confirms my point and calls me clueless. Are you like mental or something?

so clueless sigh...
    Yes you are clueless, the dps diference between full tier 1 and full tier 2 is roughly 10%. In SL the gap between tiers was a lot bigger in NT those gaps are really small. They even provided you the exact numbers and percentages what else do you need?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    Yes you are clueless, the dps diference between full tier 1 and full tier 2 is roughly 10%. In SL the gap between tiers was a lot bigger in NT those gaps are really small. They even provided you the exact numbers and percentages what else do you need?
    The post I used I specifically said power level between a full expert and full T1... please clueless please read first before replying all your nonsense?

let me repost it for you in case you have little issue reading and understanding how to play Rift.

"Gear power creep (difference in raw power between gear tier) in NT is extremely big.
    Even the best specs played well in trash gear, will preform like ****. For example a perfectly played spec in expert gear will do 50k then when you have full t1 raid gear you can easily do 75k dps in the same spec. That's just how it is."

Direct quote from my post, color coded it for you too... please learn to read?
    And if you are only getting 10% more dps going from full expert to full T1... you really need to learn how to play...
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 07-11-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by fatbahmi View Post
    and i just proved to you, WITH PROOF (which you rejected as clueless... lol... i wanna know who you are in-game so i can poke fun at your once-a-week bulf farm guild), that the difference in tiers in NT is SMALLER than what it was in SL.

too bad YOU dont know anything about this game.
    Read post above... I said full expert to full T1 and then you came out with some clueless stuff with T1 to T2...

1st of all learn to read please.

and 2nd I doubt the OP is worrying about getting to T2 anytime soon if he's worrying about "gear dependency" showing he has low gear yet wants to preform better. I wouldn't call full T1 with relics... "low gear"... and I surely wouldn't be worried about how my class scales if I have all the gear in the world at my finger tips.

Again please, please learn to read.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 07-11-2015 at 01:38 PM.

Prophet of Telara

The post I used I specifically said power level between a full expert and full T1... please clueless please read first before replying all your nonsense?

let me repost it for you in case you have little issue reading and understanding how to play Rift.

"Gear power creep (difference in raw power between gear tier) in NT is extremely big.
    Even the best specs played well in trash gear, will preform like ****. For example a perfectly played spec in expert gear will do 50k then when you have full t1 raid gear you can easily do 75k dps in the same spec. That's just how it is."

Direct quote from my post, color coded it for you too... please learn to read?
    And if you are only getting 10% more dps going from full expert to full T1... you really need to learn how to play...
    we were doing 70k dps with half blue half epic expert gear, but hey i dont know how to play this game LOL

we were doing 70k dps with half blue half epic expert gear, but hey i dont know how to play this game LOL
    with threngar wep?

on a side note, can you stack fist+draum ra?
    bonus : does transform proc greaters affect/synergize with zerker proc in any way?

here;s stats :

Frost Keeper's Warmask

Abyssal Crusader's Warmask

do calcs yourself.

if you're going from 50k > 75k, then its prolly because you got better, not just new gear.

Plane Touched

You guys do realise that the main issue here is basically common courtesy and not who is right don't you? If you reply to someone who you think is wrong with;

You're an idiot, and you know nothing etc.

They don't actually READ your reasoning they just seek to assert that you are wrong because you have insulted them.

If however you were to post your REASONING for why you believe them to be MISINFORMED, it could possibly start a healthy discussion instead of the usual slanging match. It might even give a better chance of a balanced answer for the OP.

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by Thunrar; 07-12-2015 at 01:31 AM.
    You are entitled to a vomit bag, if you do not have one, one will be provided for you. We're strapped for cash so it may be used, barf carefully!

Councillor Thunrar@Zaviel Keeper of the Dead <Servants of None>
    Guild Motto: Why did that happen? Because **** you that's why!

Clerics Defiler is one of the role that can raid with sucky gear but you still need to achieve the require hit for that raiding tier
    Also Liberators and phystacts maybe Purifier can raid without having to achieve the require hit but you still need the gear to heal effectively.
    You need great gear if youre Main Tank Healer,DPS and Tank. Raid heals can also have sucky gear if the fight doesnt have intense raid wide damage
    Last edited by mics001; 07-12-2015 at 02:28 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    You don't seem to understand how gear works in this game. There are tiers of gear. That's it. There is no "good" and "bad" gear within that tier. You either have gear or you don't.
    I want to see you in a full set of Spell Crit heavy T2 Gear :P
    Last edited by Athanil; 07-12-2015 at 02:47 PM.
    Athanil@Gelidra <Harshmallows>
    -- 11/11 HK | 8/9 MoM | 4/4 CoA NM --

I find badly geared reavers pulling comparably nice dps; probably because it doesn't rely much on capping CP, not anywhere near like inquisitor or MM does. Might be just my skewed opinion.
    Other than that, in raids badly geared players are usually put into support roles - especially defiler (as mentioned above; purchasable cleric soul) or oracle/bard (cleric and rogue roles respectively).
    Mages have the disadvantage that they have to actually be hitting something even to heal, so less hit is out of the question for them. Usually it's easiest to fit a cleric that doesn't have full hit required for the tier into the raid.

Pet specs always scale poorly with gear. Right now that's only really relevant with Mages, though. You might see better results with SC/Ele than with Pyro at the lower end of gear, but Pyro will outscale it pretty quickly. Stormharb will beat them both (though this spec is going away next week probably).

But Warriors' pet soul is support, and the gap between Ranger and Marksman, and Druid and Shaman, is too vast for the pet specs to triumph even at the lowest end of gear.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vedryne View Post
    Other than that, in raids badly geared players are usually put into support roles - especially defiler (as mentioned above; purchasable cleric soul) or oracle/bard (cleric and rogue roles respectively).
    Thats the biggest mistake most guilds do. I kinda understand it but it also shows the lack of knowledge about the game most leaders have. They do a simple math player A poorly geared does 30k dps player B better geared does 60k, lets put player A to bard. what they dont realize is that most of the times( not always ...) those poorly geared players also have close to 0 understanding about how raid cds/personal cds and raid buffs/debuffs work. They think that they are getting +30k dps by putting that player on support role but they dont know that by doing that they are actually losing a looooooooot more dps making progression significantly harde.D ebuffs not refreshed,earthen barrage missing,volcanic...raid cds used out of cd blocks,using orchestra and lava at the same time etc etc etc ive seen on pretty much every single pug ive done since mid SL.

RIFT Guide Writer

First thing I do when after recruiting a player is make them support in a raid or dungeon and grind out all the mistakes they're making with it.

Knowing when, where, and how to apply those raid CDs, buffs, and debuffs is ridiculous amounts of damage swing when done well.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Thats the biggest mistake most guilds do. I kinda understand it but it also shows the lack of knowledge about the game most leaders have. They do a simple math player A poorly geared does 30k dps player B better geared does 60k, lets put player A to bard. what they dont realize is that most of the times( not always ...) those poorly geared players also have close to 0 understanding about how raid cds/personal cds and raid buffs/debuffs work. They think that they are getting +30k dps by putting that player on support role but they dont know that by doing that they are actually losing a looooooooot more dps making progression significantly harde.D ebuffs not refreshed,earthen barrage missing,volcanic...raid cds used out of cd blocks,using orchestra and lava at the same time etc etc etc ive seen on pretty much every single pug ive done since mid SL.
    I completely agree on it, and it's the same thing that usually annoys me, though quite often it doesn't matter if you put bad or better geared player onto it ("-look what dps I do with the bard! -what did I tell you again about orchestra and lava field?.. -uhm dunno, I was focused on my awesome dps, just look at it!"). There is probably a higher chance to get a better geared player who actually came prepared, but in ideal scenario you'd still want to be putting a badly geared player in such a role, provided he reads up on the role and learns it. I thought we were talking about gear issues only, not spec playing issues ;)
    Last edited by Vedryne; 07-12-2015 at 09:19 PM. Reason: not enough grumbling

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2