+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By Ishimui
  • 2 Post By ecru
  • 2 Post By Kronos v
  • 1 Post By ecru
  • 1 Post By Archonix
  • 2 Post By Lokken`
  • 1 Post By Nefelia

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Weapon Equality

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    123

    Default PvP Weapon Equality

    I would like to pose a question. Can Clerics and Mages please have a proc added to our pvp totems (offhands)?

    With the new Frenetic tier on the pvp box items being added (on the PTS currently) I feel that having to upgrade a weapon twice, Dreambreaker to Empowered Dreambreaker then again to Frenetic, before any benefit of doing so happens is terrible design. Where is our Empowered weapon procs?!?

    Meanwhile in rogue and warrior land, they are free to duel wield one handers that both have a proc. In the case of warriors they could use a twohander if they really wanted to since that procs for twice as much.

    Rogues/Warriors

    6k dmg on 1hander x2 = 12k
    12k dmg on 2hander x1 = 12k

    Why are clerics and Mages forced to only be able to use 2handers if they want to be on the same level.

    Clerics/Mages

    main hand 6k + offhand 0 procs = 6k... why?
    2handed staff/Mace x1 = 12k dmg

    I'm not asking for something profound or unrealistic just to be made equal.

  2. #2
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    it really doesn't make sense that 1h/oh for clerics and mages have a proc that does half damage with no proc or anything at all on totems. 1h should get a proc equal to 2h or the totem should at least get another damage proc equal to the main hand.

    the frenetic gear should also be 150 hit since it's basically t1 level now, but it's still 125 hit on PTS.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    123

    Default

    I'm glad someone else sees and understands the problem with the procs on the caster offhands. I truly hope we can get some caster love and get our procs added soon. /wishfullthinking

  4. #4
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,271

    Default

    as a warrior, I agree.
    I'd also like to see a proc of some description on pvp shields - as I'm sure would all those warden clerics ;p

    P.S. I'd also like to have a reason to equip a shield in pvp, even a pve acquired shield...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    1h should get a proc equal to 2h or the totem should at least get another damage proc equal to the main hand.
    I don't think giving a 12k proc to 1handers would work, that would make them way over powered if coupled with a pve totem. The only real option to make things fair and even is to add a proc onto the caster offhands.

  6. #6
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishimui View Post
    I don't think giving a 12k proc to 1handers would work, that would make them way over powered if coupled with a pve totem. The only real option to make things fair and even is to add a proc onto the caster offhands.
    not if they shared the same internal cooldown, but i agree a separate proc equal in damage to the 1h with a separate icd would fix the disparity.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    123

    Default

    I tried bringing this up during the livestream today, but did not get a reply before having to return to work.

  8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team Archonix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Hit will definitely be updated on the Frenetic weapons for 3.3, looks like the latest update hasn't quite made it to out to PTS yet.

    We'll take a look at the offhand procs as well. Might be a bit late for this week, but it's possible we can squeeze it in.

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    Hit will definitely be updated on the Frenetic weapons for 3.3, looks like the latest update hasn't quite made it to out to PTS yet.

    We'll take a look at the offhand procs as well. Might be a bit late for this week, but it's possible we can squeeze it in.
    So are T1 relics still going to be downbolstered to crap and lose all their procs? Cause that's what's still happening which means PVP weapons are outright better at everything.

    EDIT: Also on the note of equality, can mage relic tank staffs actually get both the tank procs on them? Mages are completely missing the shield proc that every other tank gets from their offhand,
    Last edited by evantide; 07-11-2015 at 09:30 AM.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    Hit will definitely be updated on the Frenetic weapons for 3.3, looks like the latest update hasn't quite made it to out to PTS yet.

    We'll take a look at the offhand procs as well. Might be a bit late for this week, but it's possible we can squeeze it in.
    Can we please, please, please, please get a healing proc too ? Just add another upgrade path.

    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ling-gear.html
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

  11. #11
    Phs
    Phs is offline
    Shield of Telara Phs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Also on the note of equality, can mage relic tank staffs actually get both the tank procs on them? Mages are completely missing the shield proc that every other tank gets from their offhand,
    This please.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    Can we please, please, please, please get a healing proc too ? Just add another upgrade path.

    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ling-gear.html
    Seconded. I'd even be willing to wait while Trion gets its duck in a row for 3.3, so long as healing procs are looked into.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Meteorblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I'd also like to have a reason to equip a shield in pvp, even a pve acquired shield...
    When I got a shield with AP as its tertiary stat from a PvP reward cache I briefly considered it for Liberator, for the extra defence, but when you factor in the fact that you can't apply a whetstone to a shield, you'd need monumental amounts of AP on the shield to outweigh the loss of the consumable.

    If you want a shield to be useful in pvp, you need to be a tank.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts