+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Salvatrix

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Summerfest: Trollin' for Treasure

Ascendant

Default Summerfest: Trollin' for Treasure

Both my wife and I have the same problem on two different computers: the piles of gold are invisible to us. When we happen to run into one we hear the ka-ching sound and see coins fly up from the ground; but the piles themselves stay invisible, which makes them a bit hard to find.

We tried anything we could think of, including:
    • restart the game
    • mentor down to 60
    • use lowest video settings
    • use low quality renderer (ugh, this is sooo ugly)
    but nothing helped, so we had to run blind to complete this quest.

I had this same problem this morning except mine were not giving me credit either.
    For those of you with this issue:
    Solution (for me): switch to a lower speed mount. I used a mount with 90% speed and got credit for the next pile I ran over. They will still be invisible but you should get credit when you see the coins fly in the air. Good luck!
    Last edited by Lielac; 06-19-2015 at 07:04 AM.

I couldn't see the gold piles either. Or coins when I ran over the, I did sometimes hear the kaching sound. Having no visual count for progress onscreen is bad design.

I did complete it, it was a total surprise because I didn't know I hit a pile and had no idea how many I had gotten. I took the prize and left the area, thankful it was over.

Ditto. Ran around like a crazy person until the quest completed. The progress wasn't being tallied either, I had no idea whether I was hitting piles or not. I remembered where they were from last year, otherwise I would still be there.
    Last edited by PaulieGatto; 06-19-2015 at 03:40 PM.

Ghostwheel@Vigil

What I discovered was as you used the reactive, it would turn your character to face the direction a "hidden" pile of dirt could be found. So I just took several steps forward and noticed that a pile of dirt would appear as you got close to it.

All you needed to do was then use your "hand" like you were foraging in the dirt to obtain the treasure. Once I figured this out, I was able to find all I needed within a few moments.

I did not even shard hop...just ran around the shoreline and stopped every few meters and used the reactive. Fought a bunch of mobs in the area that did not like me digging up their treasure, but hey, finders, keepers.
    Last edited by lynspottery; 06-19-2015 at 06:14 PM.

Rift Chaser

For some strange reason I got this quest completed in the Hammerknell IA while reclaiming the dwarven treasure. I Had not even picked up the quest.

To further compound this mystery, I touched a few of these fake "gold" piles tonight in Scarlet Gorge and Stonefield while I was hunting rare mobs. All of a sudden I got another completion, there the quest-giver NPC (forgot his name) said he was just joking and gave me 25 more summer whatevers.

I am not planning on trying to figure out who to send them to, unless Daglar declares it was a duck and provides a method.

dbe
    General of Telara

This was an odd one. I was in the area and couldn't see any piles. Someone else was doing the quest, and I got credit for completion, even though we were not in a group together.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

I set this quest to auto-complete earlier this evening because of the high rate of people being unable to see the quest objectives.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    I set this quest to auto-complete earlier this evening because of the high rate of people being unable to see the quest objectives.
    Thanks a lot for the change; I plan to do the summerfest challenge on all my characters, and hunting the invisible gold was a real PITA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    TY for that. I did stumble through it before you did that. I thought the notes from last year were wrong, because there is only one small area East of the NPC, so me of little faith went on a long and diverse excursion looking for the real piles, only to end up back at that area zig-zagging away and winning finally.

TLDR: 'preciate it

+ Reply to Thread