+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Please tell me Trion devs aren't under the spell of a mad scientist...

Quote Originally Posted by Madballz View Post
    Morgan Freeman of course...
    NOOOOOOOO! Not that Morgan Freeman! He is evil to the core and should be wiped from existence.

<Takes a moment to compose himself...>

I'm sorry, that was uncalled for. I dug up some info on him, and this is what came back...

Net worth: $90 million
    Confused with: A director named Morgan J. Freeman
    Does voiceover with: CBS Morning News

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    you forget, he unlocked the secrets of ascension and ascended himself.

what makes you think that glacial maw will be the last we see of him?
    Does he ever say how he unlocks the secrets of ascension? I do not understand any of that lore at all the way it's described. It seems patchwork and makes little sense.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Methadras View Post
    Does he ever say how he unlocks the secrets of ascension? I do not understand any of that lore at all the way it's described. It seems patchwork and makes little sense.
    I have doubts that the dissertations of Cosmologist Mann will clarify the matter in any meaningful way...

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19

But that will not stop him from expounding on his discoveries at great length while you engage in the upcoming Tarken Glacier IAs.

At.

Great.

Length.

Quote Originally Posted by Methadras View Post
    something about "looking at the data"...

he is a mad scientist, after all. *shrug* once he heard it was possible he'd have collected what information he could then figured out the rest.
    don't forget, the Defiants could do it artificially (though the process seemed to involve ripping extra souls out of captured guardians - start a new defiant char and have a good look around the room you first start in).

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    But that will not stop him from expounding on his discoveries at great length while you engage in the upcoming Tarken Glacier IAs.

At.

Great.

Length.
    By the Vigil protect my ears...
    Serale@Faeblight

At.

Great.

Length.
    Just please tell me that the rest of us in the zone will NOT have to listen to him.... PLEASE.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23

Quote Originally Posted by Shedelin View Post
    Remind me who voices Cosmologist Mann, again...

And about a million billion other voices, the indomitable Roger Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by captaincursor View Post

And about a million billion other voices, the indomitable Roger Jackson.
    Er.... maybe "inimitable" rather than indomitable?
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #25

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    Just please tell me that the rest of us in the zone will NOT have to listen to him.... PLEASE.
    IA uses new tech that was introduced with Hammerknell IA to play a VO on quest acceptance. So it only affects people getting the quest - i.e. those in the IA raid.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 06-17-2015 at 04:21 PM.

IA uses new tech that was introduced with Hammerknell IA to play a VO on quest acceptance. So it only affects people getting the quest - i.e. those in the IA raid.
    OH THANK YOU. Serious.... I LOVE you!

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #27

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    We've gotten a lot of new tech for storytelling lately. Most of it concerned with keeping the storytelling elements personal to the player, and mobile. So you get lore while killing monsters without spamming everyone else in the zone. While it wasn't something you would have noticed in Hammerknell, the voices were not broadcast to everyone in the zone, but were played on the client when you accepted the next IA quest.

Can you tell that I'm excited? I'm super excited!

We've gotten a lot of new tech for storytelling lately. Most of it concerned with keeping the storytelling elements personal to the player, and mobile. So you get lore while killing monsters without spamming everyone else in the zone. While it wasn't something you would have noticed in Hammerknell, the voices were not broadcast to everyone in the zone, but were played on the client when you accepted the next IA quest.

Well, so am I - simply because I don't have to listen to stuff I don't want to hear! Works for me!

Telaran

An obsession with sheep? Now I know where the Dev's come from.
    Last edited by Roseblossom; 06-17-2015 at 09:50 PM.

Any chance that we might get a livestream about this new tech? I'd love to know more about how it works and what you guys might also be working on in future to keep developing and refining the storytelling process.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast