+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Shard Restart again?

Default Shard Restart again?

You guys realize that there are people raiding around this time right? seriously this has been like 3 days straight where you need to restart the server...

I thought you guys have rules that you wont do any hotfix or restart during weekends? what happen to that..if its the same vista crap then it can wait until wednesday..

i know you guys is trying to fix something but its obviously not working by just restarting the ***n server
    Last edited by mics001; 06-14-2015 at 04:24 AM.

They are doing the restarts because people with Vista do nor crash the day of a restart, so can actually play the game. I can't imagine may people raiding at 7:30 in the morning. maybe one or two groups but most I've seen raid in the evening, after 4 PM.

No I don't have Vista but, I'm glad they are trying to let Vista users play for the weekend, and probably until next Wednesday. I'd plan on a daily restart until then.
    Life is what you make it so make it good, even when it isn't.

Shadowlander

The Vista issue only shows up when the servers have been up for >24 hours, so restarting them daily is the workaround Trion are using at the moment.

Yes, having raid time interrupted sucks, but being booted every 10 minutes six days out of seven is worse, which is what was happening to the people hit by the Vista issue.

Shadowlander

I hope a proper fix comes in quick because daily restarts means Trion has effectively killed our raid week and if this goes on to following weeks Yaki's raid nights may as well be called off until they do. I'm beyond frustrated now. It's already hard enough to raid at this time and now they are low-blowing us with daily restarts. Is it possible to at least do the restart an hour or 2, earlier or later? At least screw other guild's raid time for a change and not just ours everytime right? Be fair.
    Last edited by Erse; 06-14-2015 at 06:01 AM.

Soulwalker

thanks trion for handicapping sea/oceanic raiders. you guys deserve a clap from all the oceanic guilds out there.

poor management at its best

Thanks Trion, just thank you

No clue the game is dying
    Kalygos - Kallyh
    Virus@Deepwood
    "Most cleaved rogue WW - Thanks, Wayyne"

If you ever played ArcheAge on release or even now, you knew this issue is nothing compared to AA screw-ups. Trion always had a lack of proper management.

The issue here is they couldve moved the restart to maybe 12-1am server time..

There like multiple guilds raiding around this time 1 on greybriar 1 on hailol 1 on deepwood, maybe more that im not aware of...if this happens during peak time im sure there will be more complain on the forum
    Last edited by mics001; 06-14-2015 at 06:41 AM.

Good lord, all these people complaining about interrupted raids and poor management. It's once a day, early in the AM when pops are low.

1) No, it's GOOD management so the people who are affected (a larger portion of the playerbase than you think) by this bug can at least play. BAD management would be ignoring this altogether until next reset.

2) Oh, your raid was interrupted? So sorry about that. Vista users can't do ANYTHING without being d/c'ed every 10 minutes, to the minute. I can't complete a WF, a dungeon, fish, anything.

Stop being selfish people- the game was made for many players, not just you lot. Suck it up for an hour so the rest of us can play uninterrupted.

Default Welcome to the PvP club...

I'm sure that they're considered the time of least damaged. So they've pissed off the Oceanic raiders. Sorry mates... Hopefully, it's temporary and a solution is in the works.

Rift Master

Agree this downtime every day is getting out of hand. We've missed multiple raid days because it's come in the middle of our normal times.
    I understand wanting to keep the game playable for Vista users(which I imagine are a tiny minority of users) but at the same time you're screwing over another group(arguably also a minority) in the process so the net gain is zero.
    Also lets be real, anyone who is using Vista probably isn't pumping money into the game anyway since if they had any money to spare they wouldn't be running god awful Vista in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    Agree this downtime every day is getting out of hand. We've missed multiple raid days because it's come in the middle of our normal times.
    I understand wanting to keep the game playable for Vista users(which I imagine are a tiny minority of users) but at the same time you're screwing over another group(arguably also a minority) in the process so the net gain is zero.
    Also lets be real, anyone who is using Vista probably isn't pumping money into the game anyway since if they had any money to spare they wouldn't be running god awful Vista in the first place
    I was wondering how many people are still running Vista?

What's the issue with Vista? I heard something about Windows 10 but I must have missed the Vista thing.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by RealRyco View Post
    If you ever played ArcheAge on release or even now, you knew this issue is nothing compared to AA screw-ups. Trion always had a lack of proper management.
    To be fair, most of the AA screwups were on the fault of XL Games, not Trion. Trion localized it, but the actual security issues with the game had nothing to do with them.
    7/11 HK 4/4 iGP | 0/9 MoM
    Pizzacatt@Laethys | Pitacat@Laethys | Pururun@Laethys

Quote Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
    Good lord, all these people complaining about interrupted raids and poor management. It's once a day, early in the AM when pops are low.

1) No, it's GOOD management so the people who are affected (a larger portion of the playerbase than you think) by this bug can at least play. BAD management would be ignoring this altogether until next reset.

2) Oh, your raid was interrupted? So sorry about that. Vista users can't do ANYTHING without being d/c'ed every 10 minutes, to the minute. I can't complete a WF, a dungeon, fish, anything.

Stop being selfish people- the game was made for many players, not just you lot. Suck it up for an hour so the rest of us can play uninterrupted.
    I doubt the number of people using vista can be called "Many" but dont worry mate i understand you vista users, but i hope lesson learned here just move the downtime where there are no guilds doing there own activities be it american,oceanic,EU etc...im sure there are no guilds raiding around 1-6am server time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast