+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: CQ Steppes of Infinity removal

Plane Walker

Default CQ Steppes of Infinity removal

Thanks for finally tanking Steppes out. Almost everyone has been saying it needed to be done for awhile. But thanks for finally doing the right thing and doing it. Now we actually have a CQ option more than once every 3 hours.

Plane Walker

They have? I haven't been online for a few days, that's a shame if true. I prefer Steppes.

Both are crap, Steppes is won within the first 5 minutes after 1 premade rules (after that all people leave as they don't see a chance so it's not really PvP) and in Stillmoor you can lead the game until the 5min timer and then get bashed by the both other factions and will lose for 90%. Both maps do not have a good balance...
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    Both are crap, Steppes is won within the first 5 minutes after 1 premade rules (after that all people leave as they don't see a chance so it's not really PvP) and in Stillmoor you can lead the game until the 5min timer and then get bashed by the both other factions and will lose for 90%. Both maps do not have a good balance...
    There's truth in that, both of them are flawed. I think Stillmoor has to be fun to people who lead premades, then it turns into a competitive, more strategy game -- if there are multiple premades. Everyone else just PVEs most of the time, running around in a big group, and no one likes solo or small group players. I think that's boring, unless you are a premade leader.

I prefer Steppes because there's usually quite a bit of small group or solo action there, especially when there are no premades, but even when there are some. But winning a Steppes game is usually off the table from the start, so in that sense it's flawed.
    Last edited by Yakmir; 06-11-2015 at 10:00 PM.

Rift Master

I doubt it's permanently removed unfortunately. That said I'll definitely enjoy it while it lasts since Steppes is an awful CQ and in the VAST majority of matches its purely a running simulator without any actual fighting.
    Last edited by Artak; 06-12-2015 at 05:27 AM.

Steppes of Infinity can be good, if the score mechanic change in how one gets points.
    Last edited by Zaber; 06-12-2015 at 05:19 AM.

Good,hopefully in it's current iteration it will stay gone.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Meant to get a post up yesterday when we disabled it, but got sidetracked!

We've been working on numerous changes on the back end to optimize Conquest queuing. To expedite the process we decided to focus on a single map type for the time being.

So, I'm not saying that Steppes is gone forever, but for the time being we're focusing our efforts on Stillmoor which sees dramatically more participation.

We understand that everyone has their favorite map, and their favorite map to hate. Let us know what you think!

Much like an abscessed tooth, I doubt it will be missed much.

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    Meant to get a post up yesterday when we disabled it, but got sidetracked!

We've been working on numerous changes on the back end to optimize Conquest queuing. To expedite the process we decided to focus on a single map type for the time being.

So, I'm not saying that Steppes is gone forever, but for the time being we're focusing our efforts on Stillmoor which sees dramatically more participation.

We understand that everyone has their favorite map, and their favorite map to hate. Let us know what you think!
    A good start would be to not allow a full premade to zone in until the other factions have equal numbers...

Champion

Lets hope you stop premades forming outside CQ and folks getting rewards after only joining at the 5 minute timer - only one team account wide.

I enjoyed Steppes. :/

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    and folks getting rewards after only joining at the 5 minute timer - only one team account wide.
    Then people will just adv and join at <100 kills instead. It fixes nothing.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    Lets hope you stop premades forming outside CQ and folks getting rewards after only joining at the 5 minute timer - only one team account wide.
    Keep premades. Give pugs a queue like dungeons have and be done with it.
    Who cares if people have alts. The rewards arent account wide so blocking the account from seperate factions is dumb. The work was put into each individual toon so they should be allowed to queue individually.
    Removing people joining at timer will just introduce " timer in 300 kills join now"
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by Yakmir View Post
    There's truth in that, both of them are flawed. I think Stillmoor has to be fun to people who lead premades, then it turns into a competitive, more strategy game -- if there are multiple premades. Everyone else just PVEs most of the time, running around in a big group, and no one likes solo or small group players. I think that's boring, unless you are a premade leader.

I prefer Steppes because there's usually quite a bit of small group or solo action there, especially when there are no premades, but even when there are some. But winning a Steppes game is usually off the table from the start, so in that sense it's flawed.
    What i would like to see in Stillmoor is that you can be in a particular faction, but you can't be in a group of no more than 5 instead of 20. It's basically a CQLFG. A tank, healer, and 3 DPS, etc. no different than any other wf premade, but on a CQ level basis. I think that would be fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast