+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree14Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Summerfest quest: Tree of Wisdom, Gloamwood, seems broken

Shield of Telara

I was thinking of something. (Sorry if this was already thought up in the thread.) The tree appears and one player clicks on it, and now it's in despawn mode and nobody else can get credit, because they can't click it after they do. Would that be a possibility with the tree appearing and being "unclickable?"
    Last edited by Lienda; 06-12-2015 at 10:08 AM.
    Apparently, I cheered about the last green puzzle piece for nothing. I can't play now at all.

Thanks for fixing!

[No longer an active player]

Soulwalker

Hmmm got the quest completed on one alt - the one that was online when the apparent fix hit. But all other alts including the one where I have done all the other zone challenges didn't receive a "complete" for Gloamwood.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #49
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Thank you all for your patience (at least those that were patient) - I finally found the issue and have a fix in place. Unfortunately, that fix cannot be pushed until a patch - so next Wednesday. While I was investigating, we set the quest to auto-complete so as to not hold anyone else up, and it shall be left in that state until the patch arrives.

This one was harder to debug than one might expect. :P

Quote Originally Posted by MissyJ View Post
    Hmmm got the quest completed on one alt - the one that was online when the apparent fix hit. But all other alts including the one where I have done all the other zone challenges didn't receive a "complete" for Gloamwood.
    I am guessing you play on Wolfsbane? I turned off the auto-complete on that shard for a bit while I investigated the matter on a Live server. It is back to auto-completing once again.

I dropped the quest prior to 6am this morning trying to start over fresh. Logged in this afternoon and the quest still shows all complete except Gloamwood. It is not auto completing. I have logged off completely and back on since your fix was put in place.

Thoughts?

If you abandoned the Gloamwood quest earlier, go back and pick it back up from the questgiver. When you pick it up, it will auto-complete. After the Gloamwood quest auto-completes, the Scavenger Hunt meta will complete as well if you did the other zones already.
    It's not that we don't believe in your gods. We know they are real. We also know they are weak and afraid.

Thanks for the auto complete. I really dislike it when things get broken like this. I still have two toons yet to do this one...hope it works for them.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #53

Quote Originally Posted by Tram View Post
    I dropped the quest prior to 6am this morning trying to start over fresh. Logged in this afternoon and the quest still shows all complete except Gloamwood. It is not auto completing. I have logged off completely and back on since your fix was put in place.

Thoughts?
    The "meta" quest will only show the Gloamwood quest completed if you have the Gloamwood quest completed. You do not indicate that you have Gloamwood quest specifically in your quest log - so I am guessing you need to go re-pick up the GW quest, at which point it should autocomplete, and thereby complete the meta for you as well. Let me know if this doesn't work.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #54

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    Thanks for the auto complete. I really dislike it when things get broken like this.
    I assure you that I dislike it being broken like this even more, especially when I am reading about it being broken on a tiny smartphone screen while stuck on a plane and not in a position to put out the fire. ;)

I still have two toons yet to do this one...hope it works for them.
    The autocomplete will work for them just fine. If you want to do the quest with them and not have it autocomplete, you will want to wait until Wednesday's patch to collect the quest again because it will autocomplete right now as soon as you accept the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorastic View Post
    If you abandoned the Gloamwood quest earlier, go back and pick it back up from the questgiver. When you pick it up, it will auto-complete. After the Gloamwood quest auto-completes, the Scavenger Hunt meta will complete as well if you did the other zones already.
    That worked, thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4