+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Summerfest Friendship Bracelets

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post

So total, there will be 6 Bracelets available through Scavenger Hunts this year (as opposed to 8 last year), and the current item prices are based on the amount being made available this year.
    Awesome! So characters under 48 or 50, only get 2 bracelets for the whole event. That's really swell! Thanks so much for the Nerf!
    **Bank Access** is a dimension created to help fellow Rifters and is found on every NA shard. Deposit, withdraw, craft and parse at anytime in a serene and peaceful setting!
    Ravenfaire-Gothess@hailol. Dims: Greenwood, Argh You Ready, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle by the Sea

Ral
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Yali View Post
    I haven't completed it yet but my quest log says I'll get a bracelet, 100 badges, 200k XP and some plat. I haven't done it last year either, maybe it's a one-time quest? Would be weird, though.
    Last year iirc the same issue occurred for people who completed it the previous year, if you completed it in a previous year you don't get the bracelet this year. I think last year they fixed it and awarded a bracelet to everyone from a follow up quest that just auto-completed and awarded a bracelet if you didn't get one already that year because you had the year before. Ya, confusing. I have no idea if that same follow up quest is active now, but it does appear the original non-rewarding quest for a following year is active.

Basically another bracelet lost for veteran players.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrain View Post
    Awesome! So characters under 48 or 50, only get 2 bracelets for the whole event. That's really swell! Thanks so much for the Nerf!
    This is especially unfortunate considering these players can easily reach those zones now with side kicking. I suppose however the reason they don't allow them is that they don't need as many bracelets for their rings and essences, so overall need less in total. However any low level that knows what they are doing would not bother with the essence or rings for their level and instead get the 65 versions for when they reach that level anyway, so in fact they do need as many bracelets as anyone else.

I can understand why though, since it is trivial to level a character up to level 10 and farm alts for the bracelets. They would probably have to set it to at least level 30 or 40 like the promo events.
    Last edited by Ral; 06-12-2015 at 11:46 AM.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #48
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ral View Post
    This is especially unfortunate considering these players can easily reach those zones now with side kicking.
    That is a very good point. I have reduced the minimum level for all Summerfest quests to 10. Unfortunately, this necessitates reducing the XP payout of all the quests to a maximum of classic lvl 50 values, but will allow players of all levels to fully participate in the event.

Rift Chaser

As a random aside, while doing the new minion chain (bought minion for 750p and spent about 2500 adventurine on 'hurry' missions) I got 5 bracelets. Likely due to having a good supply of level 25 minions to maximize rewards.

Ral
    Rift Master

That is a very good point. I have reduced the minimum level for all Summerfest quests to 10. Unfortunately, this necessitates reducing the XP payout of all the quests to a maximum of classic lvl 50 values, but will allow players of all levels to fully participate in the event.
    Is this only for those lower level characters or for all characters, I know the Mathosian quest already seems to scale to level, a level 24 of mine only gets 5040XP while my 65 gets 10080XP. will the other quests be scaled to that same range, or will they vary upward to current values beyond 50 and 60?

Regardless the loss in XP is only half a million, which is not that huge for 50-59 and especially 60-65. Is it possible to retain any PA XP values as they currently are?

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    While they no longer reward as often as Fae Yule and Autumn Harvest, 6 star promo rewards should still have a chance to award Friendship Bracelets and Promo Boxes.

There is a bug in how those rewards were being generated, so we've taken them offline to get them fixed. They'll return next week.
    Does that mean after next week's patch, or is it an internal change that can be done before?
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Additionally, there will be bonus Bracelets available through the Minion promo missions.
    None of my minions have even seen any "event" adventures...what do I need to obtain those?

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    None of my minions have even seen any "event" adventures...what do I need to obtain those?
    Currently disabled, dunno eta on fix. Save your adventurine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Hopefully this means an extension Archonix on how long this event runs, please and thank you.
    I to vote extend the holiday

Also I went fishing the the sunplant holes and managed to get the bracelet I needed for my outfit. Yes it took a while and some patience but . Never fear go fishing and you just might find the pretty at the end of your hook
    Last edited by Kitasia; 06-14-2015 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by palemoons View Post
    How do you obtain these?
    I caught 2 of em fishing for the sunplants

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    I to vote extend the holiday

Also I went fishing the the sunplant holes and managed to get the bracelet I needed for my outfit. Yes it took a while and some patience but . Never fear go fishing and you just might find the pretty at the end of your hook

I fished for 6 ish hours. Still no bracelet

Back at it, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Why isn't this splashed in the News & Announcements forum? Why isn't this in the in-game Message of the Day? Currently, unless people come across this post, they'll be wasting aventurine, which they may have been saving for weeks / months, in the hope of obtaining things that are currently impossible to receive due to your bug.

^
    Very few people seem to use/check the forums. Despite that, I'm noticing a trend- Trion never seems to care at all to let their player base know when something is going on/being disabled/being fixed. I feel bad for people who lost their adventurine. Is it really so hard to set up a server message that players see when they log in?
    Last edited by Siggysig; 06-14-2015 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by Siggysig View Post
    ^
    Very few people seem to use/check the forums. Despite that, I'm noticing a trend- Trion never seems to care at all to let their player base know when something is going on/being disabled/being fixed. I feel bad for people who lost their adventurine. Is it really so hard to set up a server message that players see when they log in?
    Sigh I certainly wasted mine Ah well, I do hope this event gets extended.
    ♥,
    Sylverlune
    Goodbye my lovely alts, I knew you well
    My Ascend-A-Friend code: 2HRDPTLT2WTFDTWM6GDP
    *It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!* - REM

Soulwalker

Is this supposed to have already taken effect? I have just logged on my L10 alt and he's not able to take the Planar Scavenger Hunt in Draum, the Empyrean Scavenger Hunt in TB or the Capture it All quest in Meridian?
    Last edited by Archeun; 06-15-2015 at 02:22 AM.

Rift Disciple

Default no bracelets

most items require bracelets. unfortunately, the currency isn't shared. i have 0 bracelets. i have finished most of the quests and sent my purchased minion on several hunts so far. no bracelets. why bother to require multiple bracelets for a purchase if they are so rare? another way to force us to pay with real money perhaps? some things i simply won't purchase. oh well, some items i can't get at all it seems. no bracelets.

btw doesn't help to put your alts to work when they don't get bracelets either and the currency is not shared.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast