+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Summerfest Friendship Bracelets

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy View Post
    Just a heads up that the new wardrobe stuff (wings, backpacks) once bought will get the skin unlocked but the item itself will magically disappear thus you cannot refund it.

It has something in the tooltip along the lines of: "automatically consumed once bought" or something like that. Granted I bought my backpack with credits but I would assume the same will happen if you bought it with summerfest currencies.
    wait what

they say bound to account, so does it unlock the slot for every character on your account (through mail or some other way)? i'd like to know if spending time getting bracelets on an alt to send a wardrobe item to another character is worth it or not.

if this is true and the only way to get more than one wardrobe item is to use credits this is a pretty lame cash grab by trion.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    wait what

they say bound to account, so does it unlock the slot for every character on your account (through mail or some other way)? i'd like to know if spending time getting bracelets on an alt to send a wardrobe item to another character is worth it or not.

if this is true and the only way to get more than one wardrobe item is to use credits this is a pretty lame cash grab by trion.
    The "Bound to Account" is kind of misdirect since once you have the wardrobe item in your inventory, its appearance will be collected for all your account, region-wide.

The new wings/backpacks appear under Cape Slot -> Costume Cape.

Ascendant

Looks like trion caught up onto the "ducks" players do.

At least their strategy won't work on items with stats... unless they remove refunds post purchase completely. So at least for us we can continue to "duck" the item skins that wasn't intended for pure cosmetic purpose.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Looks like trion caught up onto the "ducks" players do.
    We were quite aware before the system ever even showed up on the PTS. Archonix decided to let the current things remain as they were and just be a windfall in the players' favor.

Newly created wardrobe items going forward will likely be this style of consumable or remain in bundles. We considered changing some of the existing world event wardrobe costume items over to the consumable system, but some of them are also connected with achievements that require equip[ping the items - which could quickly make a change over MUCH more complicated, so again... Archonix left the old things as they were and let them be a windfall in the players' favor.

We see no quackery here at all.

I wonder how many of these guides need updating?

Summerfest Hunt Guides

I notice there is no 2015 achievements so unless you buy lots of baskets to get pets you won't be getting the achievement mount
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #21

Quote Originally Posted by Intim View Post
    I wonder how many of these guides need updating?

Summerfest Hunt Guides
    The only real change to those guides is a consolidation of the master quests. The individual sub-quests are unchanged, aside from assorted fixes to bugs reported last year.

The Little and Great Scavenger Hunts are not just The Great Mathosian Scavenger Hunt. There will still be a part 1 and 2. Similarly, the Brevane and Dusken hunts are merged into The Great Empyrean Scavenger Hunt. And added this year is The Great Planar Scavenger Hunt.

So total, there will be 6 Bracelets available through Scavenger Hunts this year (as opposed to 8 last year), and the current item prices are based on the amount being made available this year.

Additionally, there will be bonus Bracelets available through the Minion promo missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Additionally, there will be bonus Bracelets available through the Minion promo missions.
    Thanks for confirming this, I've saved up an absurd amount of adventurine just for this moment. But just to clarify (and to be 100% sure my hype is well placed), there's gonna be the regular 10 hour promo missions, right? Not just that chain of missions I seem to recall reading about.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23

Quote Originally Posted by Nithydux View Post
    Thanks for confirming this, I've saved up an absurd amount of adventurine just for this moment. But just to clarify (and to be 100% sure my hype is well placed), there's gonna be the regular 10 hour promo missions, right? Not just that chain of missions I seem to recall reading about.
    Yes, it is similar to Fae Yule - a mission chain along a story theme based on a purchased minion to start the chain and rewarding additional minions along the way, and completely separately are the 10 hour promo missions.

Yes, it is similar to Fae Yule - a mission chain along a story theme based on a purchased minion to start the chain and rewarding additional minions along the way, and completely separately are the 10 hour promo missions.
    I love you, Tacticus, in the least weird way possible. My absurd amount of adventurine eagerly awaits tomorrow.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    The "Bound to Account" is kind of misdirect since once you have the wardrobe item in your inventory, its appearance will be collected for all your account, region-wide.

The new wings/backpacks appear under Cape Slot -> Costume Cape.
    that definitely clears things up, thanks for the info
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Plane Touched

The only real change to those guides is a consolidation of the master quests. The individual sub-quests are unchanged, aside from assorted fixes to bugs reported last year.

The Little and Great Scavenger Hunts are not just The Great Mathosian Scavenger Hunt. There will still be a part 1 and 2. Similarly, the Brevane and Dusken hunts are merged into The Great Empyrean Scavenger Hunt. And added this year is The Great Planar Scavenger Hunt.

So total, there will be 6 Bracelets available through Scavenger Hunts this year (as opposed to 8 last year), and the current item prices are based on the amount being made available this year.

Are you going to get in trouble for providing us with clear, concise and useful information?

Rift Disciple

Do you think one could farm enough currency to get both the rings and essences for a character at least ?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Sneaky Trion. No more refunds :<
    Bro I blame that awesome site Rift Grate....

EDIT:

Tacitus: Can we please see the 4th Anniversary Cape before the end of the year again? I don't know why I didn't get it at Carnivale but would love it very much and will we see Plane-Touched Gems for the Taste the Rainbow Achievement again?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 06-11-2015 at 04:42 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Koodbool View Post
    Do you think one could farm enough currency to get both the rings and essences for a character at least ?
    You need at least 2 characters each getting at least 5 bracelets (each character can only reliably get 6 bracelets assuming each completes the entire event questline) to gear 1 character with both the ring and the essence.

Or you buy with cash, or you get VERY lucky with the promotional adventures, or you spam enough supply crates with cash.

This is assuming you don't get ANY of the cosmetic and fluff stuff.

So to get all the unique items offered this year you either need many many capable alts (capable of completing the quests) or (and more realistically) purchase with credit.

Credits will probably be the easiest way unless you've stocked up on a ton of Aventurine and have a good amount of 18+7 attribute minions (to get the max 25 attribute roll value prior to rng roll).

The Scavenger Hunts take a looooonnnng time even with a guide, especially when you're competing with a ton of other players for valuable objective nodes.

Summerfest is rather different from other World Events where your limited event currency can be completed with one or two easy quests per week/phase (think of the Doubloons from Carnival of the Ascended which takes a few minutes in a good balloon-jumping group.) It's a lot harder to use alts to get Summerfest Friendship Bracelets since the Scavenger Hunts are quite the task to complete on even a single char.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast