+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Having to re-download full game ever update.

Soulwalker

Default Having to re-download full game ever update.

Does anyone else have this problem.
    Every update Glyph does, I get - " Your local files cannot be updated, a full re-download is required."
    Getting really annoying.

Same here. WTF is this?

PVP is undoable during the download. This is absolute bullcrap. Might as well download TERA.
    Last edited by RealRyco; 06-10-2015 at 07:31 AM.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5071823

Maybe reading the announcements would help now and then.
    Life is what you make it so make it good, even when it isn't.

yeah but its not patching normally like it says
    Sarek@Seastone Live Long and Prosper

"I demand compensation for that message!!!"
    "No pain, No Gain"
    "The supposition that the newcomers need to "learn to play" or "do better" is silly. ~Daglar"

error code 1038

I clicked "Yes" when I got that message. 3 minutes later download was done. Still don't see what the big deal was

Active Dimensions - Mupi's Home

For those getting the error message, open your Task Manager, make sure NOTHING related to Rift or Glyph is running (if it is, end the process). Then re-open Glyph and try again.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

"the game will simply patch normally"

its not working when I click yes just gives error code 1038

Soulwalker

Maybe reading the announcements would help now and then.
    I ignored the re-download message. I clicked yes to patch and got: Error #1008.

Plane Walker

problem is glyph. however if your a regular forum user you would probably already know the game prompt to download the entire game was already known.. was in the pre-patch notes last night..

I found an old thread to download the game client that was way before glyph.. I never have glyph or unnecessary game complete downloads.. Glyph was seriously the worst Trion idea ever. Today's patch has the same issues, Margle place fps 9 fps.. I wish for once they could fix the simple stuff.
    Last edited by Missyshamble; 06-10-2015 at 09:10 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rustytom View Post
    Does anyone else have this problem.
    Every update Glyph does, I get - " Your local files cannot be updated, a full re-download is required."
    Getting really annoying.
    i didn't see this one when i posted my thread. yes i am having to do a full download this morning. i am also wanting to know why. not that it took long, but why

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13

Quote Originally Posted by selyn View Post
    i didn't see this one when i posted my thread. yes i am having to do a full download this morning. i am also wanting to know why. not that it took long, but why
    There are two main components to RIFT patches (three if you include the Glyph client). One is a small set of static files required for the patching process (Tiny), and the other being the streaming client/assets (Big!).

With today's patch we required a full download of the static files (roughly 100 Megabytes depending on the state of your install).

Unfortunately when a "Full Download" is triggered for either part, the same ominous message is triggered. We're looking into separating out the messages so they're a bit more clear with future updates.

Shadowlander

I was slightly concerned there.. And slightly elated! *patching*

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    There are two main components to RIFT patches (three if you include the Glyph client). One is a small set of static files required for the patching process (Tiny), and the other being the streaming client/assets (Big!).

With today's patch we required a full download of the static files (roughly 100 Megabytes depending on the state of your install).

Unfortunately when a "Full Download" is triggered for either part, the same ominous message is triggered. We're looking into separating out the messages so they're a bit more clear with future updates.
    Okay, then...what do we do to fix the Error #1008 message? 'There was a problem moving existing files in preparation for the update.'

This happens after an initial 62MB of download (which is only part of the yellow portion of the bar). I'm running the launcher via Steam, and a full close of both the client and Steam doesn't make a difference. Haven't tried a full system reboot yet.

Ah-hah! Solution found, thanks to Rahil. http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...ml#post5072243

In short, go into the Rift folder (mine's in the Steam folder, in steamapps/common/rift ) and delete dbghelp.dll then try the patch update again. Much thanks to Rahil!
    Last edited by Vulpis; 06-10-2015 at 05:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast