+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By krug
  • 3 Post By Samuraiko
  • 3 Post By krug

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Is there any way to tell where you are in a quest line?

General of Telara

Default Is there any way to tell where you are in a quest line?

Specifically I would like to go back and complete the Saga of the Abyssal. I have gone to Cardinal Visc in Sanctum but wasn't able to interact (though I know I have already done this part so no surprise). I then double checked The Chancel of Labors to make sure I had picked up the book. Nothing there either. So my next move is to check out the Solace Cabal leg. I know I attempted this at one point but not sure if I completed it. There is nothing there and I don't have the spyglass in my inventory (regular or quest log).

Is there any way to know if I finished this part or if I decided to drop it here for some reason? If I dropped it is there a way to get the quest line back on track?

Rift Chaser

Without tracing your steps back from the last quest you did you may have a problem. All i can suggest is following the quest in sequence. You probably dropped it a while ago and there is some NPC waiting for you to go back and get the quest again. Finding that NPC may take some time though :P
    <Harshmallows> Gelidra shard

Kuurgan - Level 65 Warrior
    Macleodd - Level 65 Mage
    Ramirezz - Level 65 Rogue

General of Telara

Well guess I have to give up on ever completing this (and getting my mount) since I can't find any NPC that will give me the quest chain. I have gone to all the NPCs up to The Solace Cabal arc an none of them are interact-able. From there I need to find Scotty but since I am not cursed with Abyssal Madness I don't think I can go any further.

Since the spyglass isn't in my inventory I assume I'm sol.

I have also tried quest finder add-on but it doesn't seem to track these types of quests.

find a friend or make an alt and do the questline step by step together, checking every NPC along the way.
    with an alt, each time you pick up a new quest in the chain relog your main and check that quest giver.
    redoing it again on an alt may remind you which stage you were on.

make a promise to yourself to never ever abandon a quest ever again, and if you do absolutely have to, make a note of the quest name and location for when you want to pick up that chain again.

good luck

Ascendant

Get the addon QuestFinder, it can tell a lot about many quests, I'd start in Sanctum and check what quests are there with /qfind full - you'll get a complete overview of which quests you've done and which are missing

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    Get the addon QuestFinder, it can tell a lot about many quests, I'd start in Sanctum and check what quests are there with /qfind full - you'll get a complete overview of which quests you've done and which are missing

Quest finder should be able to help you.
    If you are going to cross thin ice, you might as well dance across.

General of Telara

Might have to go the alt route. I did try qfind but it isn't showing this quest line in either "/qfind done" or "/qfind" (unless I just can't find the right area to run the command). I tried it in Sanctum, Freemarch, Icewatch and Moonshade.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team

As far as I can tell, your highest level character has finished The Solace Cabal and would need to pick up Moonshade Mop-up to continue the saga. This quest is given by Alaric in Sanctum. Good luck!

Y'know, it'd be kinda spiffy if for the sagas, the achievements for them showed which quests you've finished and which you haven't (a la the checklists that sometimes show up for other achievements). It'd make for a great way to see where you left off, and then you could just pop in Magelo if needed to see who the quest giver is.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    As far as I can tell, your highest level character has finished The Solace Cabal and would need to pick up Moonshade Mop-up to continue the saga. This quest is given by Alaric in Sanctum. Good luck!
    thats some super fast answer!!

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    Thanks krug. I thought this was where I left off and ran around Sanctum looking for Alaric but couldn't find him (so assumed either was past this point or not up to this point yet). I had been using /tar Alaric in the chat channel but decided to make a macro and spam it on a hot key while running around Sanctum.

Finally found him behind Master Fisher and Master Survivalist.

P.S. Nice way to keep me playing as I saw the post as I was getting ready to quit for a bit. :-P
    Last edited by Rhipf; 06-05-2015 at 02:48 PM.

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

Y'know, it'd be kinda spiffy if for the sagas, the achievements for them showed which quests you've finished and which you haven't
    That's a pretty good idea, spurring a conversation with Captain Cursor about ways to get players back on track with key story arcs. It's one of two methods we might try to implement for the next couple of big quest lines, time depending.

thats some super fast answer!!
    I'm on my sixth cup of coffee and my reaction speed is amped to cyborg-cat levels.

Thanks krug.
    Glad to help out!

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    Y'know, it'd be kinda spiffy if for the sagas, the achievements for them showed which quests you've finished and which you haven't (a la the checklists that sometimes show up for other achievements). It'd make for a great way to see where you left off, and then you could just pop in Magelo if needed to see who the quest giver is.
    Really good idea!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    Might have to go the alt route. I did try qfind but it isn't showing this quest line in either "/qfind done" or "/qfind" (unless I just can't find the right area to run the command). I tried it in Sanctum, Freemarch, Icewatch and Moonshade.
    As I said, and as the help shows... use '/qfind full' for a full overview of a zone....
    but Krug has been nice I see

+ Reply to Thread