+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Narcise

Thread: Uncle Stan's Fishing Derby Drop rate

Default Uncle Stan's Fishing Derby Drop rate

What is the drop rate on fishing up the quest fish, u need 20 for quest daily

For last 3 days in do this quest as it is 'quick quest' I am told

two guys next to me , start quest before me is done in 4mins, he tells me drop rate is FIFTY PERCENT ish

so I keep going, takes me TWENTY SEVEN fishing attempts to get FIRST quest fish, meanwhile new guy shows up next to ne, he is DONE with quest all 20 in 34 attempts while I am still on 4 only. OVER FORTY MINUTE SOF TIMESINK LATER I am 20/117 (Sunday)

Monday same thing again, I start fishign solo, after a while 2 guys coem stand nxt to me, and start after me and finish in about 30 fishing attempts, I am there for nearly ONE HOUR and am 20/143

Today (Tuesday I am cureently raging on 14/112. again one guy appeared to do same quest while I was on 12 fish caught, he has ALL twenty done while I am now on 14. wtf. Why is TRion cheating me and only me? Or is it the 'Random Luck' lovely factor again...

what is everyone else experience of this quests and fish drop rate?

oh and I finished the today 20 fish in 149 attempts AGAIN one hour + wasted

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Curious what level your fishing is and what fishing pole you use? I've never had problems with this quest and yes nearly every 2nd or 3rd fish though currently I'm pretending it's my goal everyday when Stan knows it's not I would like his lure heh

Rift Disciple

Sorry to hijack your thread, but does anybody know how and where to get Uncle Stan's Super Secret Lure Recipe?
    If you are new, enter my referral code for some free starter items - CRTZCH7Q22QGWNQ6YMKK
    (Go to account management, then click apply code)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    Sorry to hijack your thread, but does anybody know how and where to get Uncle Stan's Super Secret Lure Recipe?
    Go take a look in the Crafting section - there's threads there about it. But the basics are: 450 fishing, have fished up/turned in Unc Stan's Lost Tackle Box and have crafted the pole from the quest, and fishing in PoW. And the drop rate is infinitesimal.

Oh, Kiwi has a guide on this here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...pole-lure.html
    Last edited by Narcise; 06-02-2015 at 01:35 PM.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

I maxxed fishing time ago and I got the purple epic Stan's Dyrna Therm fishin pole time ago,

I think u get the recipe forma choice of drops when u complete the daily quests I am being cheated on.

Rift Chaser

I usually get about 40 grey trash in the time I get 20 quest fish, so roughly 1 in 3.

Occasionally though I get a cast with *just* a grey trash which is odd. I'm max skill so fishing should always give either:

Fish + quest item
    Fish + grey trash
    Artifact
    Chest

So not sure why I sometimes get just a grey when fishing in proper water for quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Meliannia View Post
    I maxxed fishing time ago and I got the purple epic Stan's Dyrna Therm fishin pole time ago,

I think u get the recipe forma choice of drops when u complete the daily quests I am being cheated on.
    No, the Secret Lure recipe is a separate drop - you have to fish it up with Unc Stan's special pole....

Quote Originally Posted by Mathadon View Post
    I usually get about 40 grey trash in the time I get 20 quest fish, so roughly 1 in 3.

Occasionally though I get a cast with *just* a grey trash which is odd. I'm max skill so fishing should always give either:

Fish + quest item
    Fish + grey trash
    Artifact
    Chest

So not sure why I sometimes get just a grey when fishing in proper water for quest.
    That's my experience as well, with the drop rate and the occasional trash alone.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mathadon View Post

Are you sure the solo grey item is actually a grey item and not a dimension or artifact item. The only time I have only gotten one item during this quest it was either an artifact, dimension item or box (at least that I know of maybe this has happened and I just assumed it was one of those).

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    Are you sure the solo grey item is actually a grey item and not a dimension or artifact item. The only time I have only gotten one item during this quest it was either an artifact, dimension item or box (at least that I know of maybe this has happened and I just assumed it was one of those).
    100% positive, it stacks with all the other grey junk I got on casts that didn't get the quest item.

It worries me because I haven't gotten the tackle box for the new pole (over 6000 casts) and just hoping I'm not bugged somehow

Telaran

I also still get a grey solo item every now and again with the quest active and also not active. I have Stan's dyna-therm pole, max fishing, and have caught the super secret lure.

It just seems to be one of those random things I guess. It had just happened to me last night and I was thinking - huh that's strange lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxxa View Post
    I also still get a grey solo item every now and again with the quest active and also not active. I have Stan's dyna-therm pole, max fishing, and have caught the super secret lure.

It just seems to be one of those random things I guess. It had just happened to me last night and I was thinking - huh that's strange lol.
    Yep - *head-scratching* It happens more often on one of my two girls at 450 (and both have the Dyna-therm pole) than on the other one. Very strange.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Meliannia View Post
    What is the drop rate on fishing up the quest fish, u need 20 for quest daily

For last 3 days in do this quest as it is 'quick quest' I am told

two guys next to me , start quest before me is done in 4mins, he tells me drop rate is FIFTY PERCENT ish

so I keep going, takes me TWENTY SEVEN fishing attempts to get FIRST quest fish, meanwhile new guy shows up next to ne, he is DONE with quest all 20 in 34 attempts while I am still on 4 only. OVER FORTY MINUTE SOF TIMESINK LATER I am 20/117 (Sunday)

Monday same thing again, I start fishign solo, after a while 2 guys coem stand nxt to me, and start after me and finish in about 30 fishing attempts, I am there for nearly ONE HOUR and am 20/143

Today (Tuesday I am cureently raging on 14/112. again one guy appeared to do same quest while I was on 12 fish caught, he has ALL twenty done while I am now on 14. wtf. Why is TRion cheating me and only me? Or is it the 'Random Luck' lovely factor again...

what is everyone else experience of this quests and fish drop rate?

oh and I finished the today 20 fish in 149 attempts AGAIN one hour + wasted
    Generally, it takes between 10-20 minutes to finish the quest. The drop rate seems to improve the greater the difference is between your fishing level and the level of the zone. This was very pronounced when a 450 fisherman could do the quest in Freemarch, but less so now that the same 450 fisherman is limited to the three NT zones.

A drop rate of 1 in 3 is about right in NT zones, but it is RNG and streaky. I have gone 10+ casts without a drop and then gotten drops 4 times in a row. I have never tested it out, but it feels like using the basic lures help the drop rate somewhat.

Your rate seems like either uncommonly bad luck or doing something wrong - accidentally fishing in deep when the fish comes from shallow, using a lure that excludes the drop, etc.

The rates for others you describe seem unusually high. I suppose some people do just get that lucky but it seems more likely that either they a) already had some of the quest fish before they started or b) you are exaggerating.

Keep at it, in an RNG world you are bound to have bad runs, but that should even out for you eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Dio On Endless View Post
    Generally, it takes between 10-20 minutes to finish the quest. The drop rate seems to improve the greater the difference is between your fishing level and the level of the zone. This was very pronounced when a 450 fisherman could do the quest in Freemarch, but less so now that the same 450 fisherman is limited to the three NT zones.
    I find that if you can locate a "clever" fish swirl, your catch is better and it levels if you are still working toward the 450 max.

Quote Originally Posted by Dio On Endless View Post
    Your rate seems like either uncommonly bad luck or doing something wrong - accidentally fishing in deep when the fish comes from shallow, using a lure that excludes the drop, etc.
    You can actually fish for shallow if you obtain the blue circle in the edges of a deep area, but if you have to do the deep area fishing, you really do need to make sure you are fishing in deep water.

+ Reply to Thread