+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rhegis
  • 1 Post By Salvatrix

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Emancipation through Decimation quest is not fixed!

Telaran

Default Emancipation through Decimation quest is not fixed!

The quest was supposed to be fixed in the recent hotfix but it still does not work, nothing happens when you click the disguise.
    Last edited by Rhegis; 05-28-2015 at 04:19 AM.

Confirmed, I ran into the bug yesterday. Not a very big deal though, there's enough working quests to get the Goboro quest achievement without this quest or the puzzle one.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Go ahead and try again. It looks like when the quest was turned back on, the disguise was not also re-enabled. I have just done so.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Go ahead and try again. It looks like when the quest was turned back on, the disguise was not also re-enabled. I have just done so.
    Thanks Tacitus for your help, I have just competed the quest and it worked fine. Thanks again

Rift Chaser

Yet another client impacting issue that could have been avoided with a pre-push test.

Code isn't finished until it's been tested by a trained tester not involved in the development of the code, and signed off on.

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kendun View Post
    Yet another client impacting issue that could have been avoided with a pre-push test.

Code isn't finished until it's been tested by a trained tester not involved in the development of the code, and signed off on.
    Interesting fact - the change was tested pre-push by trained testers not involved in the development of the product.

In this case, the issue was that the ability (that the item uses) was disabled on the Live servers to prevent an exploit - that would be the destination that the change was being pushed TO - and so testing it before it arrived to the target servers (i.e. pre-push) revealed nothing wrong.

Rift Chaser

Good to hear -- the admission a while back that some things get released without any testing was very disturbing.

Something I've found useful is a master live-server "tweak log." Anything out of process (like disabling a feature to prevent an exploit) is noted. Before anything is pushed live it is checked against the tweak log to see if there is anything that needs adjusted or accounted for. Though someone has to be in charge of the list or it becomes just another checkbox that people mindlessly tick their way past and next thing you know someone has dressed it up in a 30 minute powerpoint presentation to be inflicted upon everyone involved except for the obnoxious exploiter who started the entire chain of events in the first place.

+ Reply to Thread