+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Instant Adventure Teleporting and Quest Assignment

Shard name: Brisesol EU
    Zone name: Cape Jule
    Character Name: Anvena (Typhiria)
    Character Level: 19
    Server time that the incident occurred: around 5.15pm (26th June)
    Short description of the bug that was observed: Joined IA queue in Sanctum, accepted the teleport to Shimmersand, successfully completed several IAs there. Afterwards, teleported to Cape Jule, didn't get any IA objectives.

Looks like majority of problems is with sub-level 50 chars in SL level 50 - 52 zones.

And it has happened again ...

Shard name: Brutwacht EU
    Character Name: Valeries (Gelidra)
    Character Level: 45
    Server time that the incident occurred: around 11.00pm (26th June)
    Short description of the bug that was observed: Joined IA queue in Lantern Hook, accepted the teleport to Cape Jule, didn't get any IA objectives. Left the raid and immediately re-joined the IA group, still got no objectives.

Edit: typo.
    Last edited by Zepour; 06-26-2015 at 01:07 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #33
    Rift Team

Thanks for the detailed information. I'm in the process of tracking down the causes of the problems with people not receiving quest objectives in instant adventures. The details of the posts in this thread are extremely helpful in our work to fix instant adventures.

Thank you again to everyone who took the time to record information of their recent problematic experiences with instant adventures,

Shard Name: Faeblight
    Zone Name: Morban, Scarwood Reach
    Character name: Tirwen
    Character level: 65
    Server time: Around 4 PM
    Short description of the bug that was observed: Completed several IA quests in Morban, culminating in protecting the Caretaker communication device. I didn't receive an IA cache or any reward from that. I then continued to Ember Isle, then to Stonefield. It wasn't until after I'd left the IAs that I discovered no cache. I then joined the queue and wound up in Scarwood where I completed several more quests before killing a boss. Again, no cache. I was most definitely actively participating and took screen shots for the boss in Scarwood. I realize this is not the same issue that others are having, but it is an IA issie.

Shard name: I don't know, never got the teleport (EU).
    Zone name: See above, had been sideckicked up to level 60 though.
    Character Name: Valeries (Gelidra)
    Character Level: 47
    Server time that the incident occurred: around 11.25pm (28th June)
    Short description of the bug that was observed: Joined IA queue in Stillmoor, never received the teleport to the destination zone. Tried several times. Many other raid members had the same problem.

Lightbulb IA No assignment

Shard name: Deepwood
    Character Name: Parmer
    Character Level: 42
    Server time that the incident occurred: around 11.00 AM (02/07)
    Short description of the bug that was observed: Joined IA queue from Tempest Bay. Went through wonderful time on Shimmersand, very nice. Then teled to Cape Jule. No Assigned objective showed. Others with same problem. I left after a short while and reinitiated IA with the very same result.

Suggestion? Would it be possible to take Cape Jule from the Instant Adventure rotation? I am just suggesting, not a programmer. I just thought that with so much of the game available otherwise, perhaps we could just use another area.

Thanks so much!

Shard name: Brisesol EU
    Character Name: Aquilah (Gelidra)
    Character Level: 37
    Server time that the incident occurred: around 9.05pm (2nd July)
    Short description of the bug that was observed: After finishing few IAs in Pelladane, accepted the teleport to Cape Jule (to Edgestone Ridge), didn't get an IA objective.
    Last edited by Zepour; 07-02-2015 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Typo.

Shard name: Hailol
    Character Name: Parmer
    Character Level: 43
    Server time occurred: Not sure. It was at 4:20 Local central time U.S.
    Short description of the bug that was observed: Our group moved from Ashora to Cape Jule in Hailol. No IA objective showed on my screen so I left.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #39
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

THANK YOU, EVERYONE, FOR THESE REPORTS!

They are very useful - please keep them up!

One of the reasons this has been such a dragged out problem is that there was no one culprit - there were multiple issues that resulted in similar behavior. We knocked out one of the causes a number of weeks ago, but obviously reports kept coming in. But thanks to this thread and seeing the recurrence of Cape Jule in these reports, we found another cause that was specific to Cape Jule, and will be deploying a fix for it asap (basically, anyone with a real level 45 and under gets the short end of the stick when IA goes to Cape Jule at the moment).

I have also disabled the Cape Jule IAs until the fix can be deployed.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the info. The "no-teleport" bug is still here, so here it goes:

Shard name: Brutwacht (EU)
    Zone name: Pelladane
    Character Name: Aquilah (Gelidra)
    Character Level: 38
    Server time that the incident occurred: around 9.35pm (3rd July).
    Short description of the bug that was observed: After finishing several IAs in Pelladane, we fought and dismantled Gladius Rex. However, after the fight we didn't get any new objectives or teleport to a new zone, and people started to leave in droves.
    Last edited by Zepour; 07-03-2015 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Typo.

If I'd know about this thread earlier in the week I would have made a note of shard / times but a couple of times whilst in Hammerknell IAs now on stages inside the Murdantix area we have been assigned a quest to kill 5 elites and 20-something non-elites. On the occasions when there was a problem with the quest only 4 of the 5 elites were spawned. The non-elites continued to re-spawn, but it would appear the elites are a one-time spawn, or on such a long re-spawn timer that we never got a 5th one before people abandoned the IA or the stage timed out. If it happens again I'll make a note of shard / time it happens.

Shard name: (unknown) (EU)
    Zone name: (unknown, mentored down to 52 though, so I guess Cape Jule or Pelladane)
    Character Name: Leou (Zaviel)
    Character Level: 65
    Server time that the incident occurred: around 7.45pm (15th July).
    Short description of the bug that was observed: No-teleport bug. I joined IA queue in Margle Palace and didn't get the teleport to the destination zone. Tried several times with the same result. People were dropping the raid after a couple of seconds, I think many of them have had the same problem.

Plane Touched

last night, sometime around 2130 server time. Two-person party joined regular IAs (or tried to) from Laethys shard, Meridian. Never got teleports, party showed raid and raid chat was that others weren't getting TPs either. People were coming and going in the party, we left after a couple of minutes as well when someone said IAs weren't working.

Player one:
    KaterinaAmaranth, level 65
    Player two:
    CeliaAAngeline, level 40 or 41, sidekicked up to 65.

Homeshard for both players = Seastone

Shadowlander

Shard name: Greybrair
    Zone name: Sent to Kingsward, but was supposed to be in Cape Jule...
    Character Name: Bidston
    Character Level: 65
    Server time that the incident occurred: 2:52 pm
    Short description of the bug that was observed: Was invited to do IA's, accepted invite, then took the portal prompt. Ported me to Kingsward, although the Group was in Cape Jule.

Default Instant Adventure Messed

Shard name: Faeblight
    Zone name: Not known as never joined, just says you have joined a raid and then no tele.
    Character Name: Shardeau
    Character Level: 29
    Server time that the incident occurred: 2:20 pm
    Short description of the bug that was observed: No teleport to Instant Adven. Not able to join Tarken or Intrepid. "Please wait."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast