+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Janella
  • 2 Post By Janella

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dev tracker (suggestion)

Default Dev tracker (suggestion)

I would suggest to change the way how dev tracker functions atm.

It is my understanding that dev tracker is here for people to quickly check what is going on with Rift, what new stuff is coming, when patch is going to be applied, when downtime will come etc.

But at the moment, large majority of dev tracker is filled with non general information which applies to only one person with a specific problem. I don't care about people not receiving authentication e-mails, about people who don't know how to install glyph or have trouble using their credit cards.
    To make things worse, this is just making Rift look bad, someone could think that only thing that happens in this game are technical problems and graphics issues

Maybe devs can decide about whether or not their post will show on the tracker. Post with broad, general info could be shown for example, and some suggestion on where to click when logged to Glyph would not.

Just a suggestion, don't kill me!
    World 1st red trinket - finally retired. Tnx for chronicles!

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

This is a possible option, and something we've considered. That being said, we're actually investigating the possibility of moving to a more modern forum software altogether. In that case we'll probably update how everything works, which makes changing how the current software features work less of a priority. So the feedback is welcome and understood, however we will probably wait to implement it till we get new forums if that sounds like it's happening in the foreseeable future.

Telaran

I've thought the same thing. I don't need to read a hundred posts where Devs tell someone to submit a ticket for X.
    Valys, Minor Goddess of Spoons
    <Dies In Fires>
    ROF 4/4 RA ~ MS 4/5 ~ TF 1/3
    our recruitment post

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    This is a possible option, and something we've considered. That being said, we're actually investigating the possibility of moving to a more modern forum software altogether. In that case we'll probably update how everything works, which makes changing how the current software features work less of a priority. So the feedback is welcome and understood, however we will probably wait to implement it till we get new forums if that sounds like it's happening in the foreseeable future.
    Not using an outdated version (Version 4.1.3) of vBulletin and a current version (Version: 5.1.6) would be a good step. Imo, there really isn't anything out there that's better than vBulletin and/or IP.Board.

No offense to the OP or Ocho (thanks for the reply), often wondered about the dev tracker as well, but please don't start a big project like upgrading the forum software until after you fix the worst of the in-game issues, like the really insane fps drops, graphic glitches, and pvp (for all my moaning pvp friends out there). PPPPLLLLLEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE
    Main: Branwenluned@US-Faeblight, FEM dwarf cleric, dps/heal souls
    Alt: Brigantea@US-Faeblight, FEM Eth Mage, dps souls

Main: Deidrascarletin@EU-Blightweild, FEM dwarf rogue, dps souls
    Alt: Eileanoir@EU-Typhiria, FEM Eth warrior, dps/tank souls

The smaller the mind the greater the arrogance. - Aesop

Quote Originally Posted by Janella View Post
    No offense to the OP or Ocho (thanks for the reply), often wondered about the dev tracker as well, but please don't start a big project like upgrading the forum software until after you fix the worst of the in-game issues, like the really insane fps drops, graphic glitches, and pvp (for all my moaning pvp friends out there). PPPPLLLLLEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE
    Admittedly, if the forum fix is something REALLY simple (at least compared to some of the more egregious problems in the game engine), there's no reason why they can't bang that out real fast.

It's also a matter of developer/employee bandwidth. If they've got the time to handle a couple smaller things, it at least shows consistent forward progress.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Quote Originally Posted by Janella View Post
    No offense to you but you do realize that there are multiple positions within a company, right? Not every employee of Trion that works with Rift is a game developer. Even then, imagine that each "game developer" has their own specific roles to play and what they actually manage within the game. Which is the same for any front/back/software/etal developer. There are multiple roles for every aspect here.

tl;dr Your post was pretty ignorant.

Default Offense taken.

A bit harsh don't you think Riane? I am not perfect, but I do like to speak my mind and feelings about the game I love here in the forums. You must think everyone but you are stupid then, yes? if you feel you have to point that out. I understand a great many things about companies, from start-ups, small mom and pop's to the billion 'ers been around the block a few times. I do try to be tongue & cheek about some things, after all it is a game. Yes, I am sure there are folks in Rift game dept of Trion that wear multiple hats - they have to. And they have to prioritise or they will fail. I was simply speaking with an emotional appeal with a little jest sprinkled on top. Thanks for pointing out my flaws, though.
    Main: Branwenluned@US-Faeblight, FEM dwarf cleric, dps/heal souls
    Alt: Brigantea@US-Faeblight, FEM Eth Mage, dps souls

Main: Deidrascarletin@EU-Blightweild, FEM dwarf rogue, dps souls
    Alt: Eileanoir@EU-Typhiria, FEM Eth warrior, dps/tank souls

The smaller the mind the greater the arrogance. - Aesop

The lag is real. Performance for rift as a game is terrible for almost all users.. I'd love for them to revamp performance in this game.

Even knowing that each dev has their own thing to do:
    I'm aware its one thing at a time, and each employee can only do so much but they get paid from the money the game makes. Seems like they would be more organized in working on the game in specific areas rather than having a bunch of small projects that are scattered about.

-- I wish it was more apparent that
    • Someone or a team, dedicated to fixing lag and optimizing the performance of the game.
    • Someone or a team, to work on the class systems.
    • Someone or a team, to actually QA the content.
    • Someone or a team, to announce future content and communicate with us a bit more openly.

If this is already the case -- I wish someone would represent it better because its not very evident. I see devs post all the time, we have lots of things we are doing!!

"should we fix the game performance? nah just throw another promo event at them and sell'em a mount lockbox.."

So when some players see "awesome "(insert mount event here)!!" I see, "Great another 2 months before something gets fixed.."

I appreciate the announcement though. Even if its just a possibility.

+ Reply to Thread