+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Red Kitsune Mount in Rift Store Limited Time!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold View Post
    do you ever see the glow on these things or just once in a rare while? do you play in the low quality rendered?
    It can dissappear not too long after a fresh login.
    This has been going on for a very long time, in this time my computer has seen many upgrades, motherboard, memory, vid card, ssd drives, new windows version etc.
    Also through time I have tried many different (vid) settings ingame trying to solve this, aswell as out of game options like running windows with as less possible apps, defragging etc, to indeed buying more mem and new graphics card.

At one point feeling I tried all I could, am sad to say I decided this is not (only) a local problem.

The strange thing is that it not seems to happen for me on the PTS (but I do not play hours in one session there), I even screenshotted all settings from there to clone to live, what did not help on live.

I also imagine the one animation that always seems to work is that of the ember steed (friend referral reward), I cannot recall that one failing on me. (spoke too soon, it does fail)
    Last edited by Umfufu; 05-15-2015 at 05:54 PM.

Is there a list of what mounts are going to be on sale, would hate to buy that silly fox and then see the op unicorn or a squirrel pop !
    Open World PVP !
    Seastone = Beststone ! Seastone + YOU = Good Times !

Bump !

Is there a list of mounts that will be available during this "event" !
    Open World PVP !
    Seastone = Beststone ! Seastone + YOU = Good Times !

until now: Kitsune > Ember Nebula > Glowing Amethyst Ki Rin > Golden Armored Spindrel > Ember Nebula > Kitsune

so probably no more new mounts till the end.

Telaran

Any chance of seeing the Glowing Ruby Ki RIn? Don't think I've seen that one since 2013..

Quote Originally Posted by Lufia5 View Post
    until now: Kitsune > Ember Nebula > Glowing Amethyst Ki Rin > Golden Armored Spindrel > Ember Nebula > Kitsune

so probably no more new mounts till the end.
    When does this end? Tonight? Haven't seen anything other than your list so far.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    When does this end? Tonight? Haven't seen anything other than your list so far.
    European shards are a few hours ahead of NA and granted a preview of what was coming. The purple Ki-Rin was the last mount on sale there, it appears to have ended an hour and a half ago for EU, there are no more rare mounts in the rotating previews, just the lottery boxes and such.

The regular mounts and underwater training are still marked down, however, probably ending at the same moment as NA does.
    Last edited by Ancem; 05-17-2015 at 05:41 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold View Post
    do you ever see the glow on these things or just once in a rare while? do you play in the low quality rendered?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    It happens with anything that has a particle effect; It will disappear after no specific amount of time. The only time particle effects reappear are if you restart the Rift client.

This applies to weapons and mounts.
    The same happens for me, though I would add that sometimes the effects will return without me restarting Rift. I don't use the low quality renderer.

Some of the time it seems related to how many people are around - if I go into Conquest on some mount with a particle effect, pretty much as soon as I catch up to where everyone is, the effect disappears. Sometimes after I leave Conquest it will return, though not always.

However, I've also had effects disappear when I'm running around Storm Legion maps with no one at all near me, and I've had them return upon shard hopping or just continuing to run around on the same shard.

Additionally, the same issue happens in the Hammerknell IAs: there is one where you have to cleanse tainted areas in Murdantix's room, which appear as particle effects, and most of the time I can't see them (and when I've asked in raid chat if anyone can, most people that have replied can't, so we're all just running around hoping for the reactive ability to light up). When I am able to see the tainted areas, I'm also able to see all other particle effects.

In these IAs I seem to have particle effects disappear and return much more frequently than I've noticed elsewhere, sometimes reappearing and disappearing again a few times within a minute or so, though they are missing more often than not. This, too, could be related to how many people are around: in HK IAs with everyone running around looking for objectives in a somewhat confined area, the number of people near you can change from almost none to half or more of the raid fairly often. (I haven't paid enough attention to how many people were near me at the exact time the effects appeared/disappeared to be able to say that for certain.)

Default How was your shopping experience?

Since I started this thread thought that I would end my post by stating, I'm satisfied with the purchase of my mount. But it seemed there were only a select number that rotated over a couple times. I would like to see more varieties in any future mounts sales. Hope it returns soon.

Suggestion for the Kitsune mounts, any other colors available, such as a white fox, or black?

Any other thoughts or suggestion for future sales?

Since I started this thread thought that I would end my post by stating, I'm satisfied with the purchase of my mount. But it seemed there were only a select number that rotated over a couple times. I would like to see more varieties in any future mounts sales. Hope it returns soon.

Suggestion for the Kitsune mounts, any other colors available, such as a white fox, or black?

Any other thoughts or suggestion for future sales?
    I'd go for a white fox, with better sized paws and no stupid blue beads. The gear is wonderful, but the beads are just plain silly.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    I'd go for a white fox, with better sized paws and no stupid blue beads. The gear is wonderful, but the beads are just plain silly.
    I have a feeling this Kitsune was originally intended for the asian market.

I have a feeling this Kitsune was originally intended for the asian market.
    Could be.... I'd really rather they concentrated on mounts everyone could be expected to consider, not just one "market".
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

How do you plan on designing a mount that appeals to EVERYONE?

Champion

There were some interesting posts about the various graphic elements (beads, small paws, other gear, etc.) in this thread:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...s-awesome.html

back when the Kitsune mount was originally released. No dev posts so we'll likely never know what the actual intent was with this mount, but there it is.

Dimensions on Wolfsbane

Apothecaria Lyceum & Retreat
    Weaver's Rest
    Setting the Scene Contest Entry: Lucy Looks into a Wardrobe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3