+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Why are instant adventure purples better than NTE gear ?

Rift Disciple

Default Why are instant adventure purples better than NTE gear ?

See title. Why are Hammerknell instant adventures Better than NTE gear ?

Other players have to work hard and gear themselves to run dungeons.

Now you can literally hop into an Instant adventure and get purples that are better than NTE
    gear.

Is there a reason for this ?
    Last edited by Whatisausername; 05-13-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Plane Walker

A bit off topic, but how do you get those? I've completed 30 IA weekly in those twice now, but I didn't see any purples. Is it some super rare drop?

Havent seen any better than epics. They also don't have procs. Also, who cares? you need to do IAs for your weekly anyways.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Quote Originally Posted by Yakmir View Post
    A bit off topic, but how do you get those? I've completed 30 IA weekly in those twice now, but I didn't see any purples. Is it some super rare drop?
    Hammerknell IAs.

To the OP: People complain about not getting the drops they want in NTE experts. People complain that you can get gear from just farming weeklies for marks. People complain about gearing being available to purchase with credits.

Is it really that bad to have another source available to gearing up?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Hammerknell IAs.

To the OP: People complain about not getting the drops they want in NTE experts. People complain that you can get gear from just farming weeklies for marks. People complain about gearing being available to purchase with credits.

Is it really that bad to have another source available to gearing up?
    I know that it's Hammerknell, OP said it.
    Last edited by Yakmir; 05-13-2015 at 01:19 PM.

Ascendant

I don't think it is a bad thing if they are equal to NTE or even slightly better, it is another avenue of gearing up.

Rift Disciple

I know that it's Hammerknell, OP said it.
    I'm not mad they drop gear, just that the gear is better than NTE gear

Example: A healing trinket dropped, and the Proc was better than the Finric trinket proc. We raided for weeks to get those drops, and geared ourselves and coordinated raids.

Now you can do an IA and get a better proc
    Last edited by Whatisausername; 05-13-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Plane Walker

So how often do you see those pieces in there? I must've done around 70 IAs and never seen a piece. After one tougher boss kill, where lots of us died, I actually joked "where are our epics?" I guess that wasn't a joke, after all.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Whatisausername View Post
    I'm not mad they drop gear, just that the gear is better than NTE gear

Example: A healing trinket dropped, and the Proc was better than the Finric trinket proc. We raided for weeks to get those drops, and geared ourselves and coordinated raids.

Now you can do an IA and get a better proc
    This is actually an error on our part. The trinkets are not supposed to have procs on them at all and will be corrected with next week's hotfix. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    This is actually an error on our part. The trinkets are not supposed to have procs on them at all and will be corrected with next week's hotfix. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.
    Thank you so much for this communication !

While I have your attention, the 2h Weapons have 250 Hit and dont require any abyssals/voids to upgrade (to get that 250 hit) is this also intended ?
    Last edited by Whatisausername; 05-13-2015 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vladd View Post
    this is actually an error on our part. The trinkets are not supposed to have procs on them at all and will be corrected with next week's hotfix. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.
    nooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss!!!!

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Whatisausername View Post
    Thank you so much for this communication !

While I have your attention, the 2h Weapons have 250 Hit and dont require any abyssals/voids to upgrade (to get that 250 hit) is this also intended ?
    This is intended.

Rift Chaser

In my 35 IA today I got 6 or so caches, 1 of which had a piece of gear: A blue quality non-upgradable BP with 125 hit and +phys crit. Inferior to my upgraded 125 hit crafted BP, and soulbound, so it got runebroke.

Ascendant

So how often do you see those pieces in there? I must've done around 70 IAs and never seen a piece. After one tougher boss kill, where lots of us died, I actually joked "where are our epics?" I guess that wasn't a joke, after all.
    The gear rewards just got added with today's hotfix. I saw a lot of shard firsts during my HK IA run today as players started getting gear from their adventure caches.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    While we are at it the warrior and mage gloves drop with no hit. Not sure about the rogue and cleric gloves.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast