+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Lack of action regarding trolls and griefers.

Rift Disciple

Before the internet there was trolls, in the real world there is trolls. When walking to work last month I get yelled at by some troll with a billboard rambling off some religious nonsense.

Since working in the real world I've learned that trolls talk crap because their something wrong with themselves. They may feel upset or depressed and MMO chat is an outlet. As a player you need to learn to brush off their comments. It takes time, and its not easy to do but in time you'll learn to pity them.
    You also need to report them if their comments or harassment gets out of hand. I report a player every 1-2 weeks and I never seen them again. I consider it a public service, as I remember the first few times I was harassed and I'd hate new players joining this game to have to deal with it.
    The Dev's listen. This isn't WOW; Trion in the past has had a zero tolerance policy towards harassment.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #77

Hey folks,

We definitely agree that harassment and abuse in game are issues, and we've wanted to address them for some time. As RIFT has evolved, our CS standards and responses have evolved alongside them; how we handle this problem is about to go through another evolution.

Behind the scenes, we're reviewing our CS procedures and policies to better reflect the kind of behavior we feel is acceptable in RIFT. We've been watching what you report, how you report it, and steps that we can take to take action quickly, effectively and appropriately. We have a plan ready for implementation on the back-end, the sort of stuff that will not result in immediate visible impact, but over time it will make a huge impact on your experience. We will effectively either change negative behavior or remove individuals from RIFT who can't conduct themselves in a reasonable manner.

We're also exploring development of a tool to allow players to more easily report people who behave inappropriately. This is a longer term effort, and although we don't have an ETA, we'll reveal it in more depth as we get closer to the finish line.

So here's the TL;DR – we’re increasing our efforts to enforce reasonable standards. Those who don't get the message will find themselves suspended or banned.

Thanks for all your feedback on this topic, it's important, and we're going to work hard to improve this aspect of RIFT for the benefit of all players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Hey folks,

We definitely agree that harassment and abuse in game are issues, and we've wanted to address them for some time. As RIFT has evolved, our CS standards and responses have evolved alongside them; how we handle this problem is about to go through another evolution.

Behind the scenes, we're reviewing our CS procedures and policies to better reflect the kind of behavior we feel is acceptable in RIFT. We've been watching what you report, how you report it, and steps that we can take to take action quickly, effectively and appropriately. We have a plan ready for implementation on the back-end, the sort of stuff that will not result in immediate visible impact, but over time it will make a huge impact on your experience. We will effectively either change negative behavior or remove individuals from RIFT who can't conduct themselves in a reasonable manner.

We're also exploring development of a tool to allow players to more easily report people who behave inappropriately. This is a longer term effort, and although we don't have an ETA, we'll reveal it in more depth as we get closer to the finish line.

So here's the TL;DR – we’re increasing our efforts to enforce reasonable standards. Those who don't get the message will find themselves suspended or banned.

Thanks for all your feedback on this topic, it's important, and we're going to work hard to improve this aspect of RIFT for the benefit of all players.
    VERY happy to hear this, sir. I applaud your efforts, and I'm definitely looking forward to easier reporting.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Hey folks,

I've seen this thread pop up every few months for as long as I've played Rift without ever seeing a dev response of any kind, just silence until the thread dies out on it's own. Very pleased to at least hear SOMETHING from you guys on a topic that affects so many people. Kind of a shame you waited this long to do something about it though. I know of one troll who has said whatever he wants for years with complete impunity because he knows you wont do anything about it. Makes me wonder how many players he drove out of the game completely. Well, better late than never I guess.
    Last edited by PaulieGatto; 05-21-2015 at 04:08 PM.

Ghostwheel@Vigil

Hey folks,

will this new system/tool also catch warfront afkers/quitters in its net?

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Hey folks,

Thanks. I eagerly await further word on these procedures and new features.

Hey folks,

you could start by banning the player who deleted all of my gear, stole my name, and then gloated about it on the forums. unfortunately you did absolutely nothing even after said player admitted their guilt.

weird.

edit: i never did get my name back either. thanks CS team!

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...hing-done.html

here's the thread in case anyone missed it. i want to point out that by doing absolutely nothing in this case you sent a pretty clear message to trollers and griefers that even in the most extreme cases, where you go so low as to steal names/delete gear/spend plat and then admit to it on the forums, there are still zero consequences for your actions.
    Last edited by ecru; 05-21-2015 at 06:21 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

I'd be happy if those on my ignore list stayed there instead of popping up over and over so I have to un-ignore, then re-ignore them. Not a whole lot anyone can do if they are on ignore as long as they stay there. Would be nice if ignore was account wide as well instead of ignoring one character just to have them make 20 more. The changes are welcome!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dissention1 View Post
    I'd be happy if those on my ignore list stayed there instead of popping up over and over so I have to un-ignore, then re-ignore them. Not a whole lot anyone can do if they are on ignore as long as they stay there. Would be nice if ignore was account wide as well instead of ignoring one character just to have them make 20 more. The changes are welcome!
    There are likely some privacy issues involved, since that would let you experiment by putting someone on ignore and figuring out who their other characters were by trial and error. Seeing as that information isn't available otherwise, that seems unlikely.

I'd personally be happier if *my* ignore list was extended to all the characters on my account. Frankly, if I don't want to hear someone's racist detritus on my cleric, I don't want to hear it on my rogue either. Who does?
    Valys, Minor Goddess of Spoons
    <Dies In Fires>
    ROF 4/4 RA ~ MS 4/5 ~ TF 1/3
    our recruitment post

Soulwalker

Unhappy i beg to differ

i was harrased by a repeat stalker of women on wow,he asked for rlid so when i was on my other server he started sending nasty emails and making false ones with my image and pic, i repeatedly complained and told them he would would not leave me alone he made a rogue and ganked me for hrs on all my toons that was diff faction,and if i was on same faction he would follow me around i have had others try to help me and they would make complaints to them about him, i had to finally email the police dept where he lived at and made a complaint about the false emails and other stuff i had informed blizz about this and alls i got was your on a pvp server if you dont like it then..... and i repeatedly told them idgaf i dont have issues with the ganking per say its this one person harrasing me they never did anything to him i wasnt the first nor will i be the last and oh btw he did this for 2 yrs and i compalined just about every day i was on, some people are disrespectful and dont care about anyone but themselves and its hard to just brush it off when certain people repeatly troll.

Ah it's that time in the game's life when we start policing the fun out of the place for the overly sensitive players who don't still don't know how to act in anonymous communities in 2015 even with their claims of mmo experience.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-22-2015 at 06:39 AM.

Default But you gave out your password!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    you could start by banning the player who deleted all of my gear, stole my name, and then gloated about it on the forums. unfortunately you did absolutely nothing even after said player admitted their guilt.

weird.

edit: i never did get my name back either. thanks CS team!

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...hing-done.html

here's the thread in case anyone missed it. i want to point out that by doing absolutely nothing in this case you sent a pretty clear message to trollers and griefers that even in the most extreme cases, where you go so low as to steal names/delete gear/spend plat and then admit to it on the forums, there are still zero consequences for your actions.
    In the post you clearly state you gave out your password... and now you are pointing fingers at Trion? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by DmgIncGM View Post
    In the post you clearly state you gave out your password... and now you are pointing fingers at Trion? Really?
    if you give someone the key to your house, and they steal or destroy everything you own, does that somehow alleviate them of guilt?

people in this game have a really bizarre sense of what's right and wrong.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Soulwalker

I definately agree with this and also we need stricter ways to stop spam aswell

Telaran

I agree about changing how it works and i also would like to say i have been banned twice for it and i am not proud of it either but out of 4 years its not a bad statistic ,but could add if you are going to change could look into sometimes how the players get banned because you just base it on your code of conduct not the fact something triggered the trail of events off .Sure some will get over sensitive but when someone is exploiting by means of afking in a Warfront or bad mouthing everyone not just by saying they are noobs but being really rude you should look into this too ,because some of the time it can be down to the point of people taking advantage of the CoC,and i know someone said about being sensitive that is fair enough but when its effecting your game time and the effort you try and put in that in unreasonable in my opinion.The fact its still able to be exploited after it being in the game so long is wearing abit thin for some that try to enjoy winning through contribution.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast