+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 171
Like Tree166Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Lack of action regarding trolls and griefers.

  1. #136
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Part of the problem is what people actually define harassment to be; some people have thick skin and don't realise what they say might offend others.

    Like with racism, people might just be making jokes they see as harmless.
    However if someone is running around saying "kill all white people", then I think there is a problem.

  2. #137
    Ascendant Meteorblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    i get that you want to see me punished for whatever reason. maybe i killed you in a warfront five thousand times and that's fine, but i think you're letting whatever personal issues you have with me cloud your judgment when it comes to what kind of action in this case would actually have a positive outcome for everyone.
    I don't have any personal issues with you. Heck, I don't even know you. But it's right there in the Terms of Use you agreed to...
    4. Account Security

    You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account and for all activities which occur through the use of your Account, including purchases, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to: (i) immediately notify Trion of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security; and (ii) ensure that you secure your Account and computer from third party access. Trion will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section, except to the extent that this limitation is expressly prohibited by applicable law. You may be issued a new password or be required to change your password from time to time.
    Which part of that is unclear? You shared your account details with a third party. Anything that third party did was your responsibility. Any subsequent argument you try to make comes back to that simple point. Crying that the third party didn't receive any punishment, when it was you that enabled them to do what they did, is laughable.

    Let me sum it up...

    Trion: Don't do the thing.
    Ecru: I did the thing
    Trion: We told you not to do the thing
    Ecru: Waaaah! My stuff is gone.
    Trion: This is why we told you not to do the thing.

  3. #138
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    I don't have any personal issues with you. Heck, I don't even know you. But it's right there in the Terms of Use you agreed to...
    4. Account Security

    You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account and for all activities which occur through the use of your Account, including purchases, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to: (i) immediately notify Trion of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security; and (ii) ensure that you secure your Account and computer from third party access. Trion will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section, except to the extent that this limitation is expressly prohibited by applicable law. You may be issued a new password or be required to change your password from time to time.
    Which part of that is unclear? You shared your account details with a third party. Anything that third party did was your responsibility. Any subsequent argument you try to make comes back to that simple point. Crying that the third party didn't receive any punishment, when it was you that enabled them to do what they did, is laughable.

    Let me sum it up...

    Trion: Don't do the thing.
    Ecru: I did the thing
    Trion: We told you not to do the thing
    Ecru: Waaaah! My stuff is gone.
    Trion: This is why we told you not to do the thing.
    thankfully this isn't how rules and laws are actually enforced in the real world, people are actually responsible for their actions, all people, not just those you pick and choose, and one person making a mistake does not give you free reign to attempt to cause them harm.

    here's another part of the TOS which you've conveniently ignored, since it suits your argument.

    11. Code of Conduct

    Your use of a Game is governed by certain rules. These rules (the “Code of Conduct”), maintained and enforced exclusively by Trion, must be adhered to by all players. It is your responsibility to know, understand and abide by this Code of Conduct. The following rules are not meant to be exhaustive, and Trion reserves the right to determine which conduct it considers to be outside the spirit of the Game and to take such disciplinary measures as it sees fit up to and including termination and deletion of the Account. Trion reserves the right to modify this Code of Conduct at any time.
    i'll re-quote this part, since it's kind of important.

    Trion reserves the right to determine which conduct it considers to be outside the spirit of the Game and to take such disciplinary measures as it sees fit up to and including termination and deletion of the Account.
    i have a sneaking suspicion that the vast majority of people would consider logging onto someone else's account, deleting their gear and their currency, modifying their UI in an attempt to make their account unplayable, and transferring their characters off of their home shard to reserve their names "outside the spirit of the game".

    hope that helps!
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  4. #139
    Ascendant Onebutton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Why has this thread derailed itself and turned into some sort of *ecru* thread with people either defending him or calling him out. He knows what he did. In fact, I am sure most people are aware of this and whatever happened to the person who *hacked* his account is probably remaining within the walls of the Trion Offices, as it should. - Back to Topic -

    The original poster has brought up a valid point and I too believe the Rift Community has gotten worse and worse from people spamming mod stuff in Cross-Events to people being racists and hatemongers. I would love to see more moderation from Trion in the main channels and take immediate action if those people break the code of conduct either excessively or beyond reproach. It would send a clear message that such use of language or harassment will not be tolerated. One would think a dump of the logs and censorship would be able to detect this fairly easily?

    Rift is a really good game, so why not keep the community healthy as well. Putting someone on ignore does nothing in the grand scope of things. Putting someone on a 3-day ban for using *hate* or *harassing* speech does. Pretty much end of story.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

  5. #140
    Plane Walker CKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    Why has this thread derailed itself and turned into some sort of *ecru* thread with people either defending him or calling him out. He knows what he did. In fact, I am sure most people are aware of this and whatever happened to the person who *hacked* his account is probably remaining within the walls of the Trion Offices, as it should. - Back to Topic -

    The original poster has brought up a valid point and I too believe the Rift Community has gotten worse and worse from people spamming mod stuff in Cross-Events to people being racists and hatemongers. I would love to see more moderation from Trion in the main channels and take immediate action if those people break the code of conduct either excessively or beyond reproach. It would send a clear message that such use of language or harassment will not be tolerated. One would think a dump of the logs and censorship would be able to detect this fairly easily?

    Rift is a really good game, so why not keep the community healthy as well. Putting someone on ignore does nothing in the grand scope of things. Putting someone on a 3-day ban for using *hate* or *harassing* speech does. Pretty much end of story.
    Exactly this.

    Ecru can you please open your own thread if you want to talk about whatever hurts you because this thread is not about you and I believe what is discussed here is too important for the community as whole to be derailed into for this matter irrelevant single person rants.
    Last edited by CKat; 05-27-2015 at 01:57 AM.

  6. #141
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CKat View Post
    Exactly this.

    Ecru can you please open your own thread if you want to talk about whatever hurts you because this thread is not about you and I believe what is discussed here is too important for the community as whole to be derailed into for this matter irrelevant single person rants.
    that's alright, i'll pass. thanks for the offer though! if you want to open up a thread about me feel free.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  7. #142
    Rift Disciple Latan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    134

    Default

    You people give way too many **** about something that doesn't matter as much, learn to care less and enjoy yourself no matter what...

  8. #143
    Ascendant Meteorblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    Why has this thread derailed itself and turned into some sort of *ecru* thread with people either defending him or calling him out.
    Why? Because Ecru's situation was brought up as evidence of Trion's lack of action against griefers and yet at the same time it shows up as evidence of Trion's lack of action against Ecru for enabling that to happen in the first place by sharing his account details in breach of the Terms of Use.

    Ecru should either want Trion to act upon the rules in every instance, or none of them. He can't pick and choose and call out for some transgressions (such as his own) to go unpunished whilst at the same time calling for account bans of people he enabled to transgress. It's somewhat hypocritical.

  9. #144
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Why? Because Ecru's situation was brought up as evidence of Trion's lack of action against griefers and yet at the same time it shows up as evidence of Trion's lack of action against Ecru for enabling that to happen in the first place by sharing his account details in breach of the Terms of Use.

    Ecru should either want Trion to act upon the rules in every instance, or none of them. He can't pick and choose and call out for some transgressions (such as his own) to go unpunished whilst at the same time calling for account bans of people he enabled to transgress. It's somewhat hypocritical.
    Then according to you, you are an hypocrit for calling out Ecru about his transgression when you yourself went against a code of conduct rule one way or another by using some form of exploit, as small and stupid as it may be, or said something offensive to someone ar some point.

    How does it go again? Whoever is without sin, cast the first stone.

    Seriously, it's because of things like this that we see stupid **** like the burglar that sued and won against a family he was trying to rob because he got himself locked up in the garage like an idiot.
    That's justice for you.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  10. #145
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    456

    Default

    [QUOTE ecru

    edit: i never did get my name back either. thanks CS team!
    [/QUOTE]

    I do not understand how people's accounts is hacked in the first place.. dumb.. naive.. possibly too trusting.. then expect the Developers of this game to give you credit of your own doing?? Talk about consequences.. its time you take responsibility for your own actions.. or inaction's. make your passwords longer.. dont give it out to your brother, friend, wife.. yet you claim.. very unlikely its been hacked.. Ive played many games never once have I lost a account, due to someone taking it.. my current password is 27 characters long

  11. #146
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Ah it's that time in the game's life when we start policing the fun out of the place for the overly sensitive players who don't still don't know how to act in anonymous communities in 2015 even with their claims of mmo experience.
    Ah its these kind of people again in forums trying to defend the fun out of trolling and griefing.

  12. #147
    Ascendant Meteorblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Then according to you, you are an hypocrit for calling out Ecru about his transgression when you yourself went against a code of conduct rule one way or another by using some form of exploit, as small and stupid as it may be, or said something offensive to someone ar some point.
    I don't know who you're confusing me with but at no time have I ever made use of exploits, whether in Rift or other games. Accusing me of doing so is a pretty silly thing to do when it has absolutely no basis in fact.

  13. #148
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    I don't know who you're confusing me with but at no time have I ever made use of exploits, whether in Rift or other games. Accusing me of doing so is a pretty silly thing to do when it has absolutely no basis in fact.
    I believe he wasn't say u had exploited meerly suggesting that you may have. He also said you had likely been mean to someone at some point which i'm pretty sure you have

  14. #149
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Hi everyone,

    Please remember to keep your comments respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others.

    Thank you!

  15. #150
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    @Meteorblade, so you are telling me you never bugged the second boss in gyel? You never skipped any mobs in expert and never CotA thru walls to skip even more? You were doing the last boss of TDQ the legit way back before we had enough gear to burn without using that sweet spot protecting us from the bowling alley?

    I don't know anyone who played more than a week at max level who hasn't used even the smallest of exploit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashie View Post
    I believe he wasn't say u had exploited meerly suggesting that you may have. He also said you had likely been mean to someone at some point which i'm pretty sure you have
    Yes this is exactly what I meant. Thank you
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts