+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree13Likes
  • 11 Post By RoughRaptors
  • 1 Post By Leocadia
  • 1 Post By Jonus

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Official Channel

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default New Official Channel

Hey, just thought I’d hop on to let you know about an initiative for us to support our community grouping together to help each other out. For those unaware, there has been a player made channel, CrossEvents, for some time now which has players from all NA shards inside of it actively conversing, trading, helping each other out, along with grouping up for dungeons, raids, and PvP. The fact that so many players have gotten together to help each other out is awesome and we love to see that. It goes to show just how creative our players can be in use of our features such as shard hopping, and how they use that to open up the world to the players and play with one another. With the introduction of 3.2 we saw a new feature that allowed you to join a “normal” Events channel and have it broadcast all events to you as they start. Despite this, the CrossEvents channel which was originally made to broadcast events to other players is still thriving.

To further support these player initiatives, we have decided to take a closer look at CrossEvents and what it brings to the players in terms of productivity, fun, and a sense of community. As of next week’s hotfix we will be officially supporting CrossEvents. What does this mean exactly? It means it will be an official Trion chat channel that we support and it will be treated as any other public channel for the most convenience to you, the players.

If you’re not currently in CrossEvents, you can join it at any time by typing /join CrossEvents@Faeblight if you play on NA or CrossEvents@Typhiria if you play on EU. If you are currently in CrossEvents, you should remain in it.

Thanks again for being awesome, and continuing to be. We love to listen to feedback, and this has been something that has been requested and discussed at length. We hope you enjoy your experience in the new CrossEvents, and look forward to hearing about your experiences on the subject!
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

Will it be moderated at all, unlike any of the other official channels?
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-01-2015 at 10:11 AM.

I take it this move is being made to negate the trolling (kicking/banning) and to only allow GM access to permissions?
    Last edited by Riane; 05-01-2015 at 10:16 AM.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Will it be moderated at all, unlike any of the other official channels?
    Official channels are moderated, if any issues arise send a report.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    I take it this move is being made to negate the trolling (kicking/banning) and to only allow GM access to permissions?
    It's being made to provide an overall better experience for the playerbase as a whole, part of that does entail removing player moderation privileges from the channel.

hm we'll see. A global channel where anyone in it can instantly mod it, or has to sit CS queue long after the problem.

It sounds like no one is autojoined to it, so that might help. Thanks rough socks
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-01-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Rift Master

Oh, I really hope this works. Thank you for taking this on. I'm so sick of the spam where <blah blah has joined crossevents> kept filling up my entire chat box & pushed everything else off the screen.

Definitely looking forward to not seeing the mass-channel spam that occur every now and then.

bbblllaaaaaaahhhhhh
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-04-2015 at 05:56 PM.

Has this been done already?

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Quote Originally Posted by Zeronin View Post
    Has this been done already?
    Yes, the change has gone through.

not working as intended, for me, way too much superfluous chatter - just not interested.

+ Reply to Thread