+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By Ocho
  • 1 Post By spaceboots
  • 1 Post By Kingkrom

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Users impacted by Vista 64 related issues last week

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Users impacted by Vista 64 related issues last week

Heya folks,

Last week a number of users who used Windows Vista 64 were impacted by an unfortunate interaction causing a crash in RIFT. This issues should be fixed with the latest release, however we totally understand the frustration this caused. Please let us know if you continue to see any issues similar to those crashes, we've got a much better idea how to prevent this moving forward.

As a thank you for your patience, we've gone ahead and granted 7 days of Patron Time to folks we identified as being impacted by this issue. We appreciate the time many of you contributed tracking down this issue and helping us find the root cause.

Thanks,

Thanks awesome of you. Oughta send them your corporate key for a newer windows version.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-01-2015 at 10:50 AM.

Shadowlander

Default Thank you Trion

Thanks to the Devs who posted the updates and to the ones who fixed the vista 64 problem.

Just wanted to say not only am I not crashing anymore, but also Margle Plaza has sunshine again on the platform near the teleport. YEAH!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Heya folks,

Last week a number of users who used Windows Vista 64 were impacted by an unfortunate interaction causing a crash in RIFT. This issues should be fixed with the latest release, however we totally understand the frustration this caused. Please let us know if you continue to see any issues similar to those crashes, we've got a much better idea how to prevent this moving forward.

As a thank you for your patience, we've gone ahead and granted 7 days of Patron Time to folks we identified as being impacted by this issue. We appreciate the time many of you contributed tracking down this issue and helping us find the root cause.

Thanks,
    I completely disagree with Trion's actions in this matter!!!!

Instead, this should have been spun as a PSA "Get off Vista, for the children" <queue sparkly, swirly swoosh>

Champion of Telara

Thanks, really wasn't expecting anything. I just fished and did zone events, so it wasn't like I couldn't do -anything-
    The issue seems to completely cleared up for me, and I appreciate the diligence of the devs.
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

It was kind of funny i had patron status for like 20 minutes then it was taken from me, lol. shows on my account the 7 day pass. but no more

Plane Touched

People still use vista? i though vista went the way of cassette tapes and vcrs......jk, im glad its getting fixed. I wouldnt be happy with constant crashes
    Jabnlab@Hailol <impulse>- lvl 65 Cleric 1300 hit-
    9/12 T1 5/11 hk 4/4 IGP 1/4 IGP HM

+ Reply to Thread