+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By Daemonus
  • 3 Post By Nogardgib
  • 5 Post By Ocho
  • 1 Post By Crithappens
  • 1 Post By saviktkr

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The decline of customer support....

Soulwalker

Thumbs down The decline of customer support....

Hey folks. Guess we can no longer count on helpful support....merely canned responses quoted Trion policies.....which have apparently changed yet I cannot find them online anymore.

Little over a year ago, when store-bought premium mounts went account-wide (hellbugs, ki-rins, etc) they flagged them for all characters AND issued store credit refunds for duplicate purchases. See below.

Response By Email (GM Aleaugh) (02/25/2014 07:41 PM)
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

I apologize for the confusion this issue has caused. I've made some changes on our end as well as restored your credits from duplicate purchases, so I want you to try completely closing your game and patcher, and then log back in. This will trigger our authentication servers and should cause everything on your account to refresh. If you’re still having this issue after logging back in, please update this ticket.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT.

Your reference number for this ticket is 140224-000209.

Sincerely,

GM Aleaugh
    Trion Worlds Inc.

Customer By *****(me)***** (02/23/2014 09:58 PM)

PS - The 25% sale on mounts ended early Supposed to be through February 23rd according to website......but its 8pm server time Sunday February 23rd and mounts are full price again

Customer By *****(me)***** (02/23/2014 09:55 PM)

Hello. According to the Message of the Day the mount conversion is done. However, I am still missing the store bought hellbug mounts on all my characters. Also, Daglar posted on the forums about refunds for multiple purchases of the same mount (first purchase isnt eligable obviously, first purchase 'flags' the account).

Here are all the purchase IDs, dates, and store credits spent.
    I know the FIRST purchase (marked with ***) is in-eligable for a refund, others should be refundable though.

#87155174 - Oct 30, 2013 - Shadow Hellbug - 2,700 credits ***
    #87155277 - Oct 30, 2013 - Shadow Hellbug - 2,700 credits
    #87261866 - Oct 31, 2013 - Glowing Sapphire Ki Rin - 2,700 credits ***
    #87262854 - Oct 31, 2013 - Glowing Sapphire Ki Rin - 2,700 credits
    #93012217 - Dec 22, 2013 - Toxic Hellbug - 2,025 credits ***
    #93012326 - Dec 22, 2013 - Toxic Hellbug - 2,025 credits
    #93632361 - Dec 29, 2013 - Lavender Hellbug - 2,700 credits ***
    #94983767 - Jan 12, 2014 - Glowing Ruby Ki Rin - 2,700 credits ***
    #94983933 - Jan 12, 2014 - Glowing Ruby Ki Rin - 2,700 credits
    #95891133 - Jan 25, 2014 - Cinder Hellbug - 2,700 credits ***
    #95891138 - Jan 25, 2014 - Cinder Hellbug - 2,700 credits
    #96909882 - Feb 3, 2014 - Glowing Amethyst Ki Rin - 2,700 credits ***

I've received ALL the Glowing Ki Rin mounts on all my characters, so all those are flagged on my account. But I have NOT received the Shadow Hellbug, Toxic Hellbug, Lavender Hellbug, or Cinder Hellbug on my other characters.

And for the refund, excluding the purchases marked with *** for being first-time purchase for the mount, I believe the total refund owed is 12,825 credits.

Please look into this and confirm if I am correct.
    Thank you.

Question Reference # 140224-000209
    Date Created: 02/23/2014 09:55 PM
    Date Last Updated: 02/25/2014 07:41 PM
    Last year this GM helped me out and got the mounts and refund issues resolved....kudos.

NOW I am getting this:

Request #66603
    Crafting Refund

*****(me)***** February 25, 2015 10:25

Hello. I purchased the Apothocary: Nightmare Ichor recipe last week when it was released on Wednesday 2/18/2015 for the craft currency of 75 GM marks / 250 Marksman marks / 1000 Crafting marks.
    Per todays (2/25/2015) patch notes, the price for this recipe has been substantually reduced.
    "* Lowered the price of Nightmare Ichor and Faint Dreams to the appropriate price.
    - Was 75/250/1000, and is now 10/35/90 marks."
    I was hoping to get a refund of the 65/215/910 marks difference in the price, given the change in price in just one week.
    Thank you.

GM Awsam February 26, 2015 09:45

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT. Unfortunately, we're unable to assist with your request. I apologize for the inconvenience, as we try to make every effort to correct any issue our players may have.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT.

Your reference number for this ticket is 66603.

Sincerely,

GM Awsam

Trion Worlds Inc
    Ok, so no craft mark refund even though they realized within a week of adding the recipes they were over priced and adjusted them. I recall I purchased the recipe on the Monday night after they were released, and then that Wednesdays patch day they changed the cost. The next 2 incidents point out we NOW only have 72 hrs for any type of refund.....so purchase Monday, petition Wednesday, replied NO on Thursday.....within that 72 hr window

Request #134155
    Rift Wardrobe

*****(me)***** Last Saturday at 12:56

Hello. I purchased TWO sets of Icebound Steel wardrobe armor. I cannot locate the transaction IDs....history only showing back to March 2014 :P But my characters ********** (lvl 60 Deepwood) and ********** (lvl 60 Deepwood) BOTH had dyed sets of the armor. I know one of the sets was original purchased on my main character ********** , then moved to one of the 2 alts. As each set cost 1912 store credits, was hoping to get a refund on the price of one set. Please let me know. Thanks!

GM Lureni Last Tuesday at 17:11

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

After reviewing your request, I am, unfortunately, unable to restore this item as it was purchased more than 72 hours ago. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Please exercise more caution with your items in the future.

Your reference number for this ticket is 134155.

Sincerely,

GM Lureni
    Trion Worlds Inc

*****(me)***** Yesterday at 17:29

I wasn't looking for a restore, but rather a refund of the purchase price on one of these sets. Since only one set is needed to unlock it for the account. In the past when mounts purchased from the store were made account wide, refunds were offered for duplicate purchases. That's what I was looking for.

GM Tythorius Yesterday at 19:38

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us regarding account refunds.

I understand you with to have the duplicate costume refunded. Unfortunately, the purchase you are requesting a refund for is outside of our refund policy. Due to this, we are unable to process a refund for this purchase. Rift is constantly evolving, and game updates may change what content is available from time to time. Due to these changes, unfortunately we will not be able to assist with this request.

Your reference number for this question is 134155.

Sincerely,

GM Tythorius
    Trion Worlds Inc
    First GM stated the new policy of 72 hours for refunds....after saying they couldn't restore the item. Item isn't lost, my alts still have them. Not a restoration request but a refund request.
    Second GM mentioned the refund policy only.

Now, I get the game changing, and things being different....but seriously, when folks like me are spending money in the store on costumes, mounts, crafting items, and lottery boxes...you'd think they would have some consideration for long-time loyal customers when previous purchases are trivialized (like the mounts last year). But given how much I, and I'm sure others, have spent (maxed black tier loyalty since it pretty much got added way back when) in the store since it went live you'd expect them to be more helpful than these canned 'policy' responses and flat denials.

I won't even bother posting a couple of other recent petitions....answer is apparently NO every time.

Great Customer Service Trion!

1. situation was not RL money related and nor Trion neither most other companies refund anything when they lower prices the next day/week/etc. If you bought it for the higher price, it seems that you found that this price is ok.

2. situation is more similar to the mount case but still CS can't decide to refund wardrobes that you bought twice. This has to be decided from a higher position and probably not a lot people bought wardrobes twice or care about a refund YEARS after their purchase.

So this is definitely not a CS issue.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonus View Post
    Hey folks. Guess we can no longer count on helpful support....merely canned responses quoted Trion policies.....which have apparently changed yet I cannot find them online anymore.

Little over a year ago, when store-bought premium mounts went account-wide (hellbugs, ki-rins, etc) they flagged them for all characters AND issued store credit refunds for duplicate purchases. See below.

Last year this GM helped me out and got the mounts and refund issues resolved....kudos.

NOW I am getting this:

Ok, so no craft mark refund even though they realized within a week of adding the recipes they were over priced and adjusted them. I recall I purchased the recipe on the Monday night after they were released, and then that Wednesdays patch day they changed the cost. The next 2 incidents point out we NOW only have 72 hrs for any type of refund.....so purchase Monday, petition Wednesday, replied NO on Thursday.....within that 72 hr window

First GM stated the new policy of 72 hours for refunds....after saying they couldn't restore the item. Item isn't lost, my alts still have them. Not a restoration request but a refund request.
    Second GM mentioned the refund policy only.

Now, I get the game changing, and things being different....but seriously, when folks like me are spending money in the store on costumes, mounts, crafting items, and lottery boxes...you'd think they would have some consideration for long-time loyal customers when previous purchases are trivialized (like the mounts last year). But given how much I, and I'm sure others, have spent (maxed black tier loyalty since it pretty much got added way back when) in the store since it went live you'd expect them to be more helpful than these canned 'policy' responses and flat denials.

I won't even bother posting a couple of other recent petitions....answer is apparently NO every time.

Great Customer Service Trion!
    I am sorry that you feel Trion customer support did not meet expectations. However I have had exactly the opposite experience from them many times as recent as last week.

From what I know of the situation with the recipe, Trion did not say it was a mistake, they said after player input they decided to lower the cost. Yay to Trion listening to the players and changing something. So they reduced the cost. However they decided to not refund the cost difference to the early adopter as that was a choice they made to pay that price. If I had purchased it then I apparently thought it was worth it. Most of the ones that asked for the change waited and got it for the lower cost. In this case I can not see how you feel customer service was at fault.It wasn't their decision to not allow the refund of the difference, that comes from the top. I could be mistaken, but that is what I remember of the situation.

As for the situation with your armor, I again do not see this as a customer service problem. From what I read, correct me if I am wrong, you want them to basically do as they did when the Mounts were made account wide? You want them to take the cost of any duplicate purchased costumes and return them? Trion was awesome and did this when Mounts went account wide, it is not an obligation, just something they did to be nice. As for this time, they have chosen to not offer that option, and I completely understand.

When it comes to loyalty, I am almost to Black Tier myself. However I do not expect that to carry any weight when I contact customer service. It never comes up in discussion nor should it.

Do not get me wrong, Trion has made mistakes and will do so again in the future, all companies do. There customer service was expanded recently (IN AMERICA) not some foreign country and they did change the way support was routed. However just last week I had to contact customer support about an issue, it needed to be escalated to be handled, even at that it was resolved in less that 48 hours.

Sure it is really easy to point out the times you think customer services was bad, but there are many times they are great and / or in actually what is being asked of them isn't realistic or reasonable. The customer is not always right and the companies still in business know this.

<O└d Skool>

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonus View Post
    Heya,

Maintaining and improving the quality CS is definitely a priority for us, and has certainly been a focus of attention here at Trion over the last year. We're definitely interested in feedback on this topic. In these three cases, what you're talking about is policy, which is actually a little bit different than talking about the CS department and agents. Policy on a particular situation is a bit broader and involves multiple departments, including CS and the game team.

With mounts a decision was made to grant refunds on duplicate mount purchase if they were requested. This was a goodwill gesture on our part, and those who received benefits seemed to appreciate it.

With the recipes, a decision was made to reduce cost based on player feedback. Still, folks who did purchase the recipes did so with the understanding that the cost was worth what they acquired. Some folks were understandably frustrated that the cost came down afterwards, but that didn't change the fact that they had knowingly bought something at a cost that they felt was worthwhile. In this case, we decided not to issue refunds.

Finally with wardrobes, with the new wardrobe system and it's shared unlocks we also decided not to issue refunds. While we understand there are folks who purchased outfits for multiple characters, they did so again knowing the cost and did it because they wanted to have that option available on multiple characters.

All 3 of these situations share a common theme: development efforts making things more available overall to all players. Nobody lost anything by any of these changes, instead the net result was everyone had more available to them. Some previous purchases may now have less impact, because the benefits are now shared between characters. In some cases, we may choose to do refunds when these things happen; other times we may not. It all depends on a huge number of factors in the background that are completely on a case by case basis.

We do still value feedback on this topic, so please continue to share your opinions when we make the choices you either like or dislike. This is definitely a factor in making future decisions.

Respectfully,

Ocho,

My feedback is that the blatant racism in this thread is a bigger issue and that I'm very disappointed with you as a member of the community team for not addressing it when you were replying to the topic anyway.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    Ocho,

My feedback is that the blatant racism in this thread is a bigger issue and that I'm very disappointed with you as a member of the community team for not addressing it when you were replying to the topic anyway.
    I would not necessarily call it racism, but you are absolutely right. On the Internet, racism, jingoism, nationalism, etc are all en vogue. This forum is no exception. I see comments like
    • "Chinese Gold Farmers"
    • "Indian Customer Support"
    • "Lazy Americans"
    on the forums often and I feel they really do not belong here.

To add to this discussion, I had two CSR experiences in the past week. In one case, I accidentally runebroke the wrong item. I petitioned it via the web request form. I received a response 4 days later and the item was restored with the typical response of, "Be more careful in the future." Additionally, I had to contact live support yesterday to change my patron subscription from one credit card to another. In this case, it was handled in 5 minutes after a 5 minute wait. From start to finish, it took 10 minutes. If the CSR were in fact from India, I could only hope that even half the posters on these forums would have the same command of written English as the GM with whom I had communicated.
    Last edited by saviktkr; 04-24-2015 at 12:17 PM.
    Savik of Greybriar
    Guild Leader, TKagi Ro (Level 30)
    3/3 BoS

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by saviktkr View Post
    I would not necessarily call it racism, but you are absolutely right. On the Internet, racism, jingoism, nationalism, etc are all en vogue. This forum is no exception. I see comments like
    • "Chinese Gold Farmers"
    • "Indian Customer Support"
    • "Lazy Americans"
    on the forums often and I feel they really do not belong here.

To add to this discussion, I had two CSR experiences in the past week. In one case, I accidentally runebroke the wrong item. I petitioned it via the web request form. I received a response 4 days later and the item was restored with the typical response of, "Be more careful in the future." Additionally, I had to contact live support yesterday to change my patron subscription from one credit card to another. In this case, it was handled in 5 minutes after a 5 minute wait. From start to finish, it took 10 minutes. If the CSR were in fact from India, I could only hope that even half the posters on these forums would have the same command of written English as the GM with whom I had communicated.
    I'll have the mods take a look, that being said please make sure to report those sorts of posts. We don't outsource our CS as a few in this thread have alleged.
    Last edited by Ocho; 04-24-2015 at 02:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread