+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By scoobert

Thread: [Suggestion] Ghar Essence Requirements

Default [Suggestion] Ghar Essence Requirements

As a late bloomer trying to gear up for raiding at the moment, I'm finding it rather difficult to acquire the raid-tier Ghar essences - namely due to the fact that they require the NMR V: Master achievement. Now, I'm not against having the Master achievement be a requirement. However, now that NMR VI is out, I feel it would be appropriate to allow these essences to be unlocked by either the NMR V or VI: Master achievements.

Reason being: I have played quite frequently for the last few weeks and have not once seen anyone hosting a NMR V in Crossevents. Most guilds don't do them because people are expected to be raid ready upon applying. They have also moved on to NMR VI. Simply put, barely anyone does them anymore. It would make sense that completing a higher tier would unlock the requirements for the lower tier. This would also add more incentive to doing NMR VI since there is little reward for completion at the time.

How does everyone else feel about this?
    Ijit@Greybriar

Jynxed Team Lil | T1 Cleared | 7/11 HK | 4/4 GP, 1/4 HM

RIFT Guide Writer

I an get behind this. Would be good if the higher masteries unlocked all lower essences. Makes sense.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

I think that reducing the amount of achievements needed from 20 to 18 for Master V would probably be better.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
    As a late bloomer trying to gear up for raiding at the moment, I'm finding it rather difficult to acquire the raid-tier Ghar essences - namely due to the fact that they require the NMR V: Master achievement. Now, I'm not against having the Master achievement be a requirement. However, now that NMR VI is out, I feel it would be appropriate to allow these essences to be unlocked by either the NMR V or VI: Master achievements.

Reason being: I have played quite frequently for the last few weeks and have not once seen anyone hosting a NMR V in Crossevents. Most guilds don't do them because people are expected to be raid ready upon applying. They have also moved on to NMR VI. Simply put, barely anyone does them anymore. It would make sense that completing a higher tier would unlock the requirements for the lower tier. This would also add more incentive to doing NMR VI since there is little reward for completion at the time.

How does everyone else feel about this?
    The following thread is along the same lines

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...l-players.html

While I know you are mentioning Ghar Reputation and that thread is mostly about the Master Achievement, you will see many people will disagree with you about the amount of Nightmare V Rifts available every day. Not only are there plenty available in open world, it has been my experience that cross events has people looking to fill Nightmare V instanced groups at all hours of the day and night.

Perhaps you are just unlucky and or playing during a very odd hour? While I can not see how you could be that unlucky for over a week, what hours are you playing server time? Maybe you could expand your channels watched? I have 25 chat channels that I watch so I pretty much do not miss too much.

With all that being said it comes down to the basics of effort. In no way should someone who has put in three weeks or three months time be able to obtain the same items that someone who has put in one year. You can absolutely obtain items that make you relevant and competitive. If you are in a hurry to maximize you gear you can always use in game currency and or cash to purchase items to save you some time.

<O└d Skool>

Yea would be nice if doing a higher NMR tier automatically unlocks the lower achievements, too, as most people only do NMR6 now.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

I concur.

Also, as he pointed out - Any groups that ARE actually doing a NMR V instance require you to link Level 105 achiev to join. How am I suppose to get that if I can't join an instanced NMR V? Open world? LOL.

Guilds have moved on to NMR VI, if any at all. Meh. I suppose buying 210's from AH is an option but not exactly a cheap one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitme2 View Post
    I concur.

Also, as he pointed out - Any groups that ARE actually doing a NMR V instance require you to link Level 105 achiev to join. How am I suppose to get that if I can't join an instanced NMR V? Open world? LOL.

Guilds have moved on to NMR VI, if any at all. Meh. I suppose buying 210's from AH is an option but not exactly a cheap one.

It has been pointed out by many people in the linked thread and many others that what the naysayers and doomsayers are saying simply is not true.

There are open world NMV's all the time. I my self have joined NMV instanced groups without having a link for level 90 even. I have as well been in open world NMV's that have made it past level 75. I completed most of my NMV required achievements on open world NMV's. I have a few left and I will get to them when I decide to get off my lazy bum lol.

<O└d Skool>

I'm sure it can happen - It's just not common.....at all. And again, since the release of VI's, it's even harder to find an OW NMR V that is taken serious.

I'm not saying you CAN'T do it all through open world - It's just very rare. ****, I'm not even sure I've made it 100+ in an OW NMR I, nevermind V. Apparently running out of the giant red circle is very hard

But, allowing VI to count for the V master isn't removing the requirements or anything - It's just an adjustment to the newly released content. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nogardgib View Post
    It has been pointed out by many people in the linked thread and many others that what the naysayers and doomsayers are saying simply is not true.
    The people who are saying that are either on *very* different servers from mine, or don't know what they're talking about (perhaps remembering what things were like right after NT released instead of the present state of the game?), because it absolutely is true that NMRs are dead content. I have been back to this game for over a month now, and have seen two NMRs on Faeblight. I know one was a 4 because I'm on that Ghar quest to scan five NMR4 bosses, and I've been stuck at 2/5 for a very long time. Not sure what level the previous one was.

Number of NMRs (any level) advertised in any chat channel: 0. This is at west coast prime time (9pm-midnight Pacific as a typical range), which is of course a lower population period than east coast prime time. But at least last summer this game was still pretty active at west coast hours - I saw plenty of those Torvan GHR groups back in the day.

I would not be at all surprised that if anyone did advertise an NMR someday, they'd include a "you can only do it if you've done it" achievement requirement like Hitme2 describes since that seems to be the norm in this game these days.

As far as I'm concerned Ghar rep ends at Decorated; going further would require these achievements for there to be any benefit, and the achievements simply aren't going to happen with so few people doing the content. And apparently for good reason if they're as boring as these conversations describe. Doesn't especially matter for me since I can already do everything I care to do even with rubbish level 62+ green essences, but I do feel sorry for the OP and anyone else in his position.

You mentioned earlier that you watch 25 chat channels. Which is an interesting trick in a game that only has eight... (five level range channels, map chat, trade chat, and some "world defense" channel I've never seen anyone use) Does that vary by server too?? I honestly have no clue what you're talking about there.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrin View Post
    [...Sniped...]

You mentioned earlier that you watch 25 chat channels. Which is an interesting trick in a game that only has eight... (five level range channels, map chat, trade chat, and some "world defense" channel I've never seen anyone use) Does that vary by server too?? I honestly have no clue what you're talking about there.

Not a trick just using the tools available to me. There are a LARGE variety of channels in Rift. Some of them are for basic or target specific purposes, however some are broad.

To join a known channel you simply type /join channel name or if it is on another server /join channel name@server (obviously you replace the channel name with the appropriate channel name and same for server. For example a very popular channel for events is crossevents@faeblight another for pvp is hellokitty@hailol and there are a lot more. As well you can watch any channel on another server for instance I watch the level 65 chat on all the servers so I join level65@wolfsbane , level65@hailol , and so forth you get the point. Having access to especially the crossevents channels that are out there VASTLY improves what you see as to whats going on and who is grouping. Most likely all of you saying that no one is advertising has none of these channels going as I see the adverts EVERY SINGLE DAY.

<O└d Skool>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nogardgib View Post
    To join a known channel you simply type /join channel name or if it is on another server /join channel name@server (obviously you replace the channel name with the appropriate channel name and same for server. For example a very popular channel for events is crossevents@faeblight another for pvp is hellokitty@hailol and there are a lot more. As well you can watch any channel on another server for instance I watch the level 65 chat on all the servers so I join level65@wolfsbane , level65@hailol , and so forth you get the point. Having access to especially the crossevents channels that are out there VASTLY improves what you see as to whats going on and who is grouping. Most likely all of you saying that no one is advertising has none of these channels going as I see the adverts EVERY SINGLE DAY.
    Thank you, that's very useful information to know! I had no idea one could do that.

And I think that also explains the (previously) mysterious number of other-server folks I always see in zone events. I thought it was improbable that enough people visit other servers to account for that, but if they can actually see the "[Event Name] has started in [Zone]" messages on every server, that starts to make sense.

I'll have to try that join command on the level 65 channels when I play my low level characters too - would be handy to keep an eye on NT zone events etc. Hopefully that will work.

+ Reply to Thread