+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: DCing every 10 mins

Shadowlander

Default DCing every 10 mins

WTH is wrong with the game today its dcing every ten minutes, asked in chat if anyone is having same issue and some are.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Corupt2057 View Post
    WTH is wrong with the game today its dcing every ten minutes, asked in chat if anyone is having same issue and some are.
    Same here. Never had any issues like this. Getting a windows dialog that says "rift has stopped working".

Soulwalker

I keep getting the same thing. Just started today.

I've been disconnecting every 10 minutes today on my pc, switched to my laptop and no disconnects but only getting 2 fps. Something is definitely up since the patch

Default Same

Same here to some degree. I literally never have problems with disconnects. However, ever since Wednesday update, I get disconnected about once an hour (so not as frequently as others). I have not noticed a theme... not in same location nor doing same activity each time I d/c.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

We are looking into this. Sorry for the inconvenience!

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Could you provide any additional information? Such as when you DC is it taking you to character select or is the game completely crashing? Is your character doing anything specific or what location you are in? Also if the system asks for you to send a crash report, please do so.
    Last edited by Gingers; 04-24-2015 at 08:07 AM.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

Hi folks, let me get on a stump here.

Remember to report any crashes you get. You may think it doesn't help or that we don't need every crash report you could send, but that isn't the case. Every crash a rift player has gets formulated into a lovely little report that goes to all our engineers on the team. We get stats such as what happened, how many different people suffered from that kind of crash, and how many of that kind of crash happened.

This email of crash reports are then looked at by me, every day, without fail. So always make sure to hit send. And if you are suffering from crashes that are occurring frequently feel free to send me a pm and I can check on them to have some idea of what's going on.

If you are getting other significant behavior such as frequent disconnecting, again feel free to message me and I can take a look. Do please try to ensure you aren't disconnecting for other reasons first, as time I spend helping folks figure out they need a new router is time that doesn't get spent on fixing bugs or new features

Quote Originally Posted by Kuol View Post
    Same here. Never had any issues like this. Getting a windows dialog that says "rift has stopped working".

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post

Remember to report any crashes you get. You may think it doesn't help or that we don't need every crash report you could send, but that isn't the case. Every crash a rift player has gets formulated into a lovely little report that goes to all our engineers on the team. We get stats such as what happened, how many different people suffered from that kind of crash, and how many of that kind of crash happened.

This email of crash reports are then looked at by me, every day, without fail. So always make sure to hit send. And if you are suffering from crashes that are occurring frequently feel free to send me a pm and I can check on them to have some idea of what's going on.

If you are getting other significant behavior such as frequent disconnecting, again feel free to message me and I can take a look. Do please try to ensure you aren't disconnecting for other reasons first, as time I spend helping folks figure out they need a new router is time that doesn't get spent on fixing bugs or new features
    The crashes we are suffering from are not bringing up the rift error handler, so we cannot just hit send. Here is a sample of my windows crash report:

Product
    RIFT

Problem
    Stopped working

Date
    4/23/2015 5:00 PM

Status
    Report Sent

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: rift.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 5535fba0
    Fault Module Name: rift.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5535fba0
    Exception Code: c00002b4
    Exception Offset: 00408b62
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 528b
    Additional Information 2: 0a0f7009379a74aaa7c1c2e3d1d6df49
    Additional Information 3: 641a
    Additional Information 4: bf0fbf305d7bbd4bb09c4365b35ec4b2

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 1099309730
    KABOOM!

Default Info

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    Could you provide any additional information? Such as when you DC is it taking you to character select or is the game completely crashing? Is your character doing anything specific or what location you are in? Also if the system asks for you to send a crash report, please do so.
    I have not noticed any sort of consistency to my being disconnected. It has happened on a variety of toons. I'm not being disconnected as frequently as some of the others (mine are about an hour apart). Most of the time I am disconnected while artifact hunting or even selling stuff on the AH. I do not believe I've d/c'd while porting or any of the usual suspects.

Each time I d/c I get Windows message that Rift is not working. I always get to the character screen (don't need to entirely re-launch).... I always get a "Send Report" box... and do choose to send a report.

I will add that my wife also plays at times and is on another computer. She has yet to d/c; maybe her luck or something else. She is using Windows 7 and I have Windows 8.1
    Last edited by DmgIncGM; 04-24-2015 at 08:40 AM.

Here's some more people complaining about the same thing

http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...se-help-2.html

I have crashed about 20 times between yesterday and today before giving up and playing something else. Only once did the Rift error handler pop up.

This has been on multiple characters in multiple zones doing multiple things. Every 10 minutes or so the windows error report pops up saying Rift has stopped working and then the game shuts down completely.
    Last edited by Mackayla78; 04-24-2015 at 09:23 AM.

Soulwalker

Wasn't sure which one to respond to as there is another thread in Tech Support section...

I've been getting the same thing since yesterday. Seems to crash about every 12 minutes. Not doing anything in particular when I crash. Last crash I was simply sitting in Tempest Bay.

Game just flat out stops. No noticeable lag beforehand. Windows message pops up says RIFT has stopped working. If you wait a few more moments then the Rift error handler pops up. I've sent in the report 5+ times now.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post

it does not go to a send error report it just shuts down and do not matter what i do so i hope u can come up with a fix and fast pls.

Quote Originally Posted by msmay View Post
    i hope u can come up with a fix and fast pls.

Or at least offer us some suggestions to try things we haven't thought of yet if it is, in fact, an issue with certain peoples' systems.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast