+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Insane FPS drop since hotfix

Insane FPS drop since hotfix-2015-04-24_154257.jpg

20 fps in Margle with low details (4,5 GHZ 2500k and Geforce GTX660). Rift is working like Battlefield 4 on ultra while having visuals like a game from 1999.

I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons of relative unpopularity of this game was always this horrendous engine.
    World 1st red trinket - finally retired. Tnx for chronicles!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Shedelin View Post
    Hey, guys, thought I'd drop in here and share my thoughts...

I think I can attribute the FPS issue to a faulty power supply in the computer. I know a lot of people are going to call this illogical, but let me explain my point of view...

So a word of advice: if it's slow, make sure it isn't your own computer or parts of computer before we start blaming Trion.
    While I agree in principle, in this particular case, it is distinctly associated with post-patch on Wednesday. I still play and raid in Wow - and all is fine.

I have had all kinds of vid card issues in the past and am pretty familiar about what to watch for. I've even had the power supply issue you outline. In my case it didn't explode, but the hint was that the card would not power 2 monitors. I've had a vid card 'melt down' as well.
    Last edited by seershah; 04-24-2015 at 06:34 AM.

Telaran

Default Low fps

Log into Margle palace get 2 - 10 fps. Log out of game come back in its up to 20. Come back later into margle and its back down to 2 - 10 all since the hot patch.

Hey, guys, thought I'd drop in here and share my thoughts...

I think I can attribute the FPS issue to a faulty power supply in the computer. I know a lot of people are going to call this illogical, but let me explain my point of view...

So a word of advice: if it's slow, make sure it isn't your own computer or parts of computer before we start blaming Trion.
    You're either a troll or a ..... (insert your preference of defamatory statements here attacking your intellect and reasoning skills)

You honestly think that everyone who responded to this thread has a faulty power supply?

Don't be absurd.

It's more logical that it's a bug due to the recent patch.
    Last edited by WockyCC; 04-24-2015 at 07:03 AM.

Champion

Got the same problem today. It has only happened since we downloaded the patch Thursday EU.

I've been having issues where the UI deforms and my FPS freezes. In an attempt to fix the problem, I rolled back my graphics card's recent software updates, which appeared to fix the issue (at least I haven't noticed crazy fps drops since then).

Graphics card is a Geforce GTX 660.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Quote Originally Posted by WockyCC View Post
    You're either a troll or a ..... (insert your preference of defamatory statements here attacking your intellect and reasoning skills)

You honestly think that everyone who responded to this thread has a faulty power supply?

Don't be absurd.

It's more logical that it's a bug due to the recent patch.
    I know, I know, I have no technical experience, but I thought I would share my thoughts on this.

If I'm wrong, just disregard it.

Rift Disciple

Default Brand new pc

I don't think its my pc had the Ps checked your turn Trion ! framerates 6 and da da ect... re logs and it clears some times.. but am pretty sure its on your end please note it was dir* after patch I had problems .

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Avocados View Post
    I used to AFK in choreberg with 40+ FPS, now I'm stuck at <20 even on lower populated shards.
    Also just did a zone event in Draumheim where my FPS dropped to <15, while I maintained ~30 FPS at a Goboro zone event boss.

Anyone else getting this?
    I dropped from my usual 55-60 FPS down to 10-15 FPS. Literally. Rest of the game remains as normal, this is only in the palace and worst around the crafting area.

Funny thing is though that this is on my rogue, my war, mage and cleric drop to around 20-25, which is still bad, but not as bad as my rogue, I have no idea why. Perhaps more detailed and sparkly costume on my rogue then my other toons, not sure.

And same deal, was fine before the patch, this has been going on since the patch.
    Last edited by Shouku; 04-24-2015 at 08:58 AM.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #40

This is an issue which we are actively investigating. A restart of the client will temporarily address this until we're able to find a more permanent solution. If there is any other information you folks see, we'd definitely appreciate it!

I know, I know, I have no technical experience, but I thought I would share my thoughts on this.

If I'm wrong, just disregard it.
    You are wrong.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    This is an issue which we are actively investigating. A restart of the client will temporarily address this until we're able to find a more permanent solution. If there is any other information you folks see, we'd definitely appreciate it!
    Restart is temporary solution, the problem will be back sooner or later again.
    I'm having major fps drop not only in Margle, but in Tempest Bay and Sanctum also. Like i'm reading a magazine. And this came with the new patch. Zones are fine tho.

P.s. Looking around for some NASA computer, so i can run Rift.

This can happen anywhere when you teleport in. I first noticed in Margle Palace because it is slow anyway, and making it slower is certain to be noticed. But I was running some hunt rifts at a decent frame rate (I cap mine at 30, and had that) and I teleported to Tempest Bay, not a lot of people here, and the framerate dropped to 12.

Something happens during the teleport that changes things for the worse on display. Restart sets it back. I lack any further clue as to what it is.

Happens to me in Mem, but Tarken and Rosh are fine. Logging, fall from 40 ips to 12 when I move or turn the camera.
    Happened in Tempest bay in the crafting area, switching on another toon fixed it. Relog fixes it too.
    I didn't go to Margle Palace.
    My graphic settings are the same, but I see a change in graphic quality. It is better, colors deeper, perfect textures, smooth edges, better visual effects in my dim.
    First I thought the game put my AA on max, but it didn't, and the look (and random fps loss) is the same now than I got before with max AA (AA settings are on medium).
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 04-24-2015 at 10:50 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

with the most recent patch (Thursday 23rd) My fps in margle palace droped from 30 to 12 for some reason

Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast