+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Insane FPS drop since hotfix

Default machine specs and fps....

So I am still getting these (almost) random lag spikes in Draumheim, and it can happen whenever I go into margle palace, but is not limited to this. Can be on any of my toons, and can be frustrating enough that the 20 minutes I have in morning to do things are spent staring at load screens or watching my toon seemingly move through jelly.

My broadband provider here in UK gives me approx. 60mb/s download speeds and is very rarely ever having to do that amount.

Specs:
    AMD FX 8320 8 core
    28GB ram
    Nvidia GeForce GT 630
    oh and rift is running off of one of my SSD's

usually trip around on max settings with about 30fps, on lowered settings with about 45-55 fps...or in margle palace on lowered settings with about 4 fps.

Looking forward eagerly to a fix as currently making this nice area even more unplayable than it already was

Shadowlander

Tomorrow it's a month that we are struggling our way through this game. After trying to get my weeklies on 3 chars this morning, I rage quit after getting dizzy from the stuttering, motion sickness producing performance of this game.

The only official words we got so far are: we are looking into it, we can't find what causes it. I think, devs have more than enough information to track the problem down. They know exactly what hotfix caused it and so many players have reported when and how these issues occur (in this thread and others) that I simply don't believe that the cause cannot be found.

The logging screen of Draumheim makes me cringe already, this is nowhere near fun anymore. Apparently, so much content has been added without sufficient testing that the game has been broken beyond repair. Like for many others, it's time to move on for me now. Giving a game that's supposed to entertain me a month to iron out game breaking bugs has been more than generous anyway.

Shadowlander

I reiterate my suggestion: toss a duplicate of the weekly giver NPCs on Meridian/Sanctum. That is my only reason to go there.

Call it a temporary measure if you'd like. Meridian is such a nice, simple, clean, non FPS draining place.

Champion

I am also getting tired of having to completely close the game down to fix an issue that only started after that patch. Having frame stutter with 3 FPS every time you port in or out from anything is a game breaker. It speaks of a huge memory leak somewhere. Why do we hear nothing? This is not a small issue.

Shadowlander

Btw, the whole of Draumhein is a FPS killer. Not just the city. I went to Ghar station to do the manugo daily, 7 FPS. I jumped to the ghar station in Tarken Glacier, 31 FPS.

Plane Touched

Haven't read the last 4 pages, but my observation is that if you're parked in Margle and log into the game, it's fine. But if you leave Margle and then come back, prepare for a massive fps drop. The only thing that fixes it is leaving Margle or restarting the game.

I5 2500k @ 4.5 ghz, GTX 670, 16 gb ram, Vertex 4 SSD
    Last edited by NoUseForAName; 05-20-2015 at 05:50 AM.

Telaran

Default FPS random drop getting worse

This has gone on for way too long. This is a major impact on every player and yet the problem exists

I've also noticed this now happening in Tarken and Goboro. Less severe but still noticeable..

Draumheim I can go from 60-70 FPS then hit with 7-15 FPS.. Randomly happens.. Though happens most often when zone in and or shard hop. Only real fix is temporary by exit game and re-launch...

Intel I5 4790K 4Ghz oc
    MSI Nvidia 970 GTX
    16GB Ram
    Windows 7

This also happens on my 2nd computer AMD with ATI video, similar specs to above.
    Last edited by Zendure; 05-20-2015 at 07:56 AM.

Soulwalker

Looks like after installing the new NVidia graphics driver that was recently released this issue has gone away for me.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #144

Quote Originally Posted by Gatwick View Post
    Looks like after installing the new NVidia graphics driver that was recently released this issue has gone away for me.
    Anyone else able to confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    Anyone else able to confirm this?
    I did only a quick test just now (it's sleepy time over here), but I'm under the impression that the Nvidia driver version 352.86 (release date May 18th) may indeed have fixed the random FPS drops after a loading screen.
    Last edited by Ernbrecht; 05-26-2015 at 03:23 PM.
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"
    -- Hoban Washburn

Yep same for me, after that driver, I don't get the giant shard artifacts from capes and wardrobe or the flickering. It definitely stopped with that last driver.

I do still get fps drops though, thinking that is more of a Rift/server issue.

Sure is nice to do warfronts and not dying due to someone's exploding outfit blocking your whole view. ;p Or dying at a boss because your stack points cape decided to do a full screen funky chicken dance, effectively blocking your view of ground aoe.
    Last edited by Academia; 05-26-2015 at 06:54 PM.
    ~Wardova, found at a rift near you since 2011~ ~Wardiva, also adventuring in Telara since 2015~

Quote Originally Posted by Academia View Post
    Sure is nice to do warfronts and not dying due to someone's exploding outfit.
    Hmmm, interesting idea... *runs off to chalk board* Ah yes, the Defaints will never suspect a thing! *begins caculating methods for exploding outfits*

Active Dimensions - Mupi's Home

I can confirm the latest nVidia drivers caused a serious bump in framerate. I noticed this especially on Threngar tonight, where my framerate has gone up by over 30%
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

My framerate is back to normal also, i did update graphics drivers, however cannot confirm that as the solution.

RIFT Guide Writer

I haven't had the graphics tearing or fps drops anymore. However unlike the posters before me I have not updated my drivers so I don't think it's the drivers that fixed it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast