+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Nightmare rifts SUCK. Please stop expanding them

I do agree with this.

If you do instanced group, and it's decent, up to stage 70 or more, it's just grind. Some people are really good and make it up to 180.

But takes too much time. Rewards are poor, you don't get enough motes unless you farm a lot of them, and requirements for instanced ones (mostly the only ones where you can get chieves) are getting higher and higher.

I know it's a progression thing where you can show off and such, but honestly, feels like an eternal grind, done for the chieves (and planarite) and then you never go do them again.

I spend more time trying to do the other chievs to avoid as much as possible doing NMRs.

Ascendant

Why does it require a "great raid" dependent achievement plus maxed Ghar to be able to use the lessers? Is it really necessary to pondering casual gamers even further?

if an open NMR attracts enough for a 2nd full raid, the scaling gets ridiculous harder, I have yet to see an open NMR reach above 105, thats when it gets harder and scaled up too far.
    Last edited by Dahbee; 04-21-2015 at 09:52 PM.
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.
    Dahbee's Law #2: A good gnome is a dead gnome.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dahbee View Post
    if an open NMR attracts enough for a 2nd full raid, the scaling gets ridiculous harder, I have yet to see an open NMR reach above 105, thats when it gets harder and scaled up too far.
    There's like 1 or 2 instanced NMR V a day if you play 16 to 20 hours per day average you might catch those.
    And some of them wouldn't let you get in unless you have 1100 hit and achieve of 125 stages.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 04-21-2015 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    There's like 1 or 2 instanced NMR V a day if you play 16 to 20 hours per day average you might catch those.
    And some of them wouldn't let you get in unless you have 1100 hit and achieve of 125 stages.
    Stop spreading negativity on every post. NMR5 are fine.

Are they hard to get? No. Do they require time? Yes. I've seen people forming instanced NMR5 and asking for only 40k dps. Anyone should be able to pull that of.

Lures are not that expensive and you can form your own group.

World NMR5 won't get far, because the more people you have, the more people dealing subpar dmg you will have. It is inevitable, people will use tank pets and such, it is the reason why you can instanced NMR.

It's time consuming for the reason that the essences are really good.

Really? I kinda like nightmare rifts, as they feel like communal challenges. The problem is I don't always feel useful when doing them, especially as a new player. But I think that has more to do with the mentoring system still giving advantages to endgame players despite their level being adjusted.

But then, I'm a new player and don't yet care about endgame gear. Grind is awful, MMORPG or not. Nightmare Rifts should be fun challenges, not repetitive grindfests.

I can't comment much more as I'm not an endgame player. But from the new player perspective, I'd like it if somehow they could be more challenging while at the same time more rewarding so new players don't feel like they're just along for the ride.

fell asleep few times back when i was grindi..cough..enjoying them. more than a few times my hands were on autopilot and i wondered why i dont remamber last few stages.

im absolutely excited to try nm6 gri...cough...fun fest!

why spend cash on dormeo when you can just join NM rifts.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sekirach View Post
    fell asleep few times back when i was grindi..cough..enjoying them.
    I came here to post, "I fell asleep not once, but twice, while grinding NMRs" and this guy beat me to it! The nerve!

Grind Grind Grind.

I have to say the seal upgrade is just terrible. I considered running the daily on all my alts, but it's just alot of tedious work for little reward.

There should be an alternate way to get motes.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Default Ditto

Dozed a few times doing these. Woke up dead once.

Can't people make a private instance for NMR? Or am I wrong on that? I thought that was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    Can't people make a private instance for NMR? Or am I wrong on that? I thought that was a thing.
    You can but most people already have the chieves and don't run them all the time.

It probably is a nightmare for a fresh 65 who's not in a top guild. Would take forever getting the chieves.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    You can but most people already have the chieves and don't run them all the time.

It probably is a nightmare for a fresh 65 who's not in a top guild. Would take forever getting the chieves.
    *Most* people do NOT have all the achieves.. That is absurd. A few really-well geared groups have gotten to 135/150 or so on the new NM6s, but that seems the exception. Even on the NM5s, only a very solid, super high-end dps check allows you to get past 135. This is clearly not *MOST* people as you say !

I personally think the scaling on the NM6 is a bit extreme and takes a super high dps check in order to get above 90+. I think it should be toned down a tad, not a lot, but a little.

Most open world NM6s are not getting beyond 40 now which does show a slight problem imo.

I personally enjoy doing them. I think they have actually created some fun in the game and are way, way better than the jumping rifts. I mean, not even close. I agree though that the bosses are similar in mechanics in NM6 and should have more varying mechanics.

Every MMO game is going to have grinding in it.. why are people so upset? This is simply the nature of playing an MMO. Raiders going to grind bosses. Same as people grinding rifts. Some basic concept of achieving some goal in some game.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post

Yeah so... everyone pretty much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2