+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Salvatrix
  • 1 Post By Jonus

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: IA Cache - quick question

Soulwalker

Default IA Cache - quick question

Hi there - returning player here so forgive me please if I'm asking a stupid question.

I ran 7 instant adventures this morning. Got to the end of the arc as the next stage was to teleport us to a different zone. But, in all those adventures, I didn't get one cache. Is this normal.

I ran 7 last week and got one so are these just random drops? I'm sure they used to be more frequent

Also, is there no daily or weekly quest for these? The only people I could find in TB offered rewards for items from caches - which is useless for me as I'm not getting any lol

General of Telara

they random, and i'm pretty sure always get for boss/defend IA

Soulwalker

Defend was part of the one I ran this morning (last of the arc iirc) - and I got no cache so maybe only bosses for certain then

To be honest, if the caches and therefore the tokens are so rare, then the loss of notoriety in the zone is more than frustrating
    Last edited by Chouxbun; 04-18-2015 at 02:28 AM.

General of Telara

did my weekly today, 30 IA - 5 caches, they are not that rare, maybe need little more luck

Soulwalker

Where are the daily/weekly quests picked up please - I couldn't see anything obvious in Tempest Bay only the token trade in guy.

Edit: Nvm - looks like there's nothing for levels 60 and 64. Unless dailies/weeklies were introduced for those levels in 3.2
    Last edited by Chouxbun; 04-18-2015 at 03:51 AM.

General of Telara

draumheim, where all weeklies, but only for lvl 65 IA weekly

Soulwalker

Many thanks for your help, Ramcius. It's appreciated
    Last edited by Chouxbun; 04-18-2015 at 04:30 AM.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

The IA weekly in Margle Palace can be taken starting at level 60. Just in case that wasn't clear.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chouxbun View Post
    I ran 7 instant adventures this morning. Got to the end of the arc as the next stage was to teleport us to a different zone. But, in all those adventures, I didn't get one cache. Is this normal.
    There is a small chance to get a cache during a normal adventure. There is a very high chance of getting a cache during any "rare" adventure (usually any boss or defend).

The net result is an average of one cache every 6 adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Chouxbun View Post
    To be honest, if the caches and therefore the tokens are so rare, then the loss of notoriety in the zone is more than frustrating
    The average quantities of tokens combined with the average rate of cache acquisition should allow on average a similar rate of notoriety gain. Combining that with the ability to turn in for zone factions you could not previously gain through IA, being able to run ANY IA and still earn the faction you want, and even being able to send those tokens to alts while playing on any character should should mean the revised IA notoriety gains are much more favorable than in the past.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Combining that with the ability to turn in for zone factions you could not previously gain through IA, being able to run ANY IA and still earn the faction you want, and even being able to send those tokens to alts while playing on any character should should mean the revised IA notoriety gains are much more favorable than in the past.
    Is there an npc to turn them in for old factions? I've capped all but Ghar for NT (and that isn't on the list of turn ins), but could still use some Ember Isle or even Stillmoor reputation.

Champion of Telara

For those of us with capped notorieties, could we have another reward for the Commendations? I'm fine with the monetary reward as it is, I was thinking if we could have an option to convert them to Void Stones, even as low as 1:1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathadon View Post
    Is there an npc to turn them in for old factions? I've capped all but Ghar for NT (and that isn't on the list of turn ins), but could still use some Ember Isle or even Stillmoor reputation.
    There's an NPC in Tempest Bay that accepts marks of notoriety for Storm Legion faction writs but if you want the old 'vanilla' reputations then you need to grind them, e.g. dragonslayer = run Chalmers Caldera, icewatch = run Abyssal Precipice, Mathosian = grind mobs in front of Caer Mathos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    For those of us with capped notorieties, could we have another reward for the Commendations? I'm fine with the monetary reward as it is, I was thinking if we could have an option to convert them to Void Stones, even as low as 1:1.
    Hold onto them. Make low level alts and mail them a stack of them. When the inevitable happens and we need to grind all the NT factions to Glorified you'll have a nice head-start.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathadon View Post
    Besides the NT one, there's 3 others:
    • Tacitus the Elder in Tempest Bay (for SL notoriety). /setwaypoint 13106 11518.
    • Sergeant Deucer in Sanctum (for Mathosia notoriety). /setwaypoint 7403 2960.
    • Optio Lyis in Meridian (for Mathosia notoriety). /setwaypoint 6174 5148.

Currently no 'The Keeper' rep reward option, but Tacitus has mentioned it'll be coming in the coming hotfix on Wednesday.

+ Reply to Thread