+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Conquest, premades, and the fix

Plane Walker

Default Conquest, premades, and the fix

While I understand why premades are bad in CQ (One team has a full team before the others do and this is very telling in Stepps more so thans Stillmor)

Why doesn't Trion make it so a group of 5-20 can PreQ before the match starts? Say 5 mins before the match starts a group can Q (similar to regular Warfronts) but won't be allowed in till the other teams have 20, so that numbers match. Seems like something like this should make everyone happy.

not such a great idea for steppes or off hours games.
    keeping one or even two factions empty while waiting for the third to fill would give that third faction a great head start in running stones in steppes. in the off hours if there are so few players the pug factions might never fill, meaning the PM would never be able to join.

you essentially want to give the pugs a head start, but those first few minutes can be crucial in deciding the game.

Champion

You have to remember that pugs are just fodder and don't count for much. Premades have everything stacked in their favour from preselection of classes with all the healing they need to stacking fire power and don't forget they have speech communication. So why not make it even easier .. Let them start the match so they can claim all objectives before other people arrive. Better still keep pugs from entering till they have 61% and can claim the chests within 5 mins of game start in Stillmoor.

And as for warfronts and ELO ... Run with a premade and your ELO will be high ..solo and no matter how well you play .. the highest kills,damage done,cc,healing, carrier kills objectives when both sides are looked at .. It counts for nothing if your team looses. Your ELO plummets like a stone and you suffer a 10 to 15 loosing streak as you are dropped into matches in the last seconds where you cannot make a difference because it is so lopsided.

Pugs are there to make numbers up and the matchmaking, in its current iteration, helps to make life more miserable. Wonder why the population has dropped and Afking has become the in thing to do?

Does it matter .. not really since they took away all objectivety in PVP and made it a marks run for raiders to kill time between raids. It's a mini game and has no meaningful place anymore. Is it fun .. only for the very few who can stack their way to a win to the cries of ..you can make a premade too! Yeah I heard that one before.

Form your own premade.
    Problem solved.

Rift Disciple

This would work to try to balance things a little bit, but on the long run premades still gonna win

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    You have to remember that pugs are just fodder and don't count for much. Premades have everything stacked in their favour from preselection of classes with all the healing they need to stacking fire power and don't forget they have speech communication. So why not make it even easier .. Let them start the match so they can claim all objectives before other people arrive. Better still keep pugs from entering till they have 61% and can claim the chests within 5 mins of game start in Stillmoor.

And as for warfronts and ELO ... Run with a premade and your ELO will be high ..solo and no matter how well you play .. the highest kills,damage done,cc,healing, carrier kills objectives when both sides are looked at .. It counts for nothing if your team looses. Your ELO plummets like a stone and you suffer a 10 to 15 loosing streak as you are dropped into matches in the last seconds where you cannot make a difference because it is so lopsided.

Pugs are there to make numbers up and the matchmaking, in its current iteration, helps to make life more miserable. Wonder why the population has dropped and Afking has become the in thing to do?

Does it matter .. not really since they took away all objectivety in PVP and made it a marks run for raiders to kill time between raids. It's a mini game and has no meaningful place anymore. Is it fun .. only for the very few who can stack their way to a win to the cries of ..you can make a premade too! Yeah I heard that one before.
    my personal experience with the game says everything you typed is wrong.

I formed a premade last week. with 2 minutes to go until the start of the CQ. I didn't ask for specific specs, I took the first 19 players to send me a tell, didn't care who they were, what they were playing, or what gear they had.
    I actually told them to play what they like, rather than dictate which specs they should play. nor did I require them to join me in vent.

however, this was enough to roll the other two faction. why? the players in my PM were self motivated to perform and to voluntarily play specs that would benefit the group as a whole. even though we were just as random a collection of players/classes as any pug raid.

as for ELO...
    I solo queue 99% of the time, and have an ELO of 2500.
    sure, that's not the 3-4k of the PM players. but nor is it the 200-300 of many others (some of whom often queue as part of a premade).

Plane Walker

I could care less about premades, I actually think they should be allowed. However, when the PM Q's and gets in 20 before they other teams have 5 or 10, there is an issue. My idea would eliminate that so that when the match started, both teams would have equal amounts.

As we speak there is a PM on Oath with 20+, yet NF started with 5-10

Quote Originally Posted by Finerty View Post
    I could care less about premades, I actually think they should be allowed. However, when the PM Q's and gets in 20 before they other teams have 5 or 10, there is an issue. My idea would eliminate that so that when the match started, both teams would have equal amounts.

I'm inclined to agree strongly with this. ^^^
    Niriena, Kearlet, Smilely, Rium

Quote Originally Posted by Finerty View Post

you said nothing about not starting the match until all teams were even. only that the premade couldn't enter until the pugs had equal numbers.

again, this might work at primetime, but might not in the off hours when there aren't so many players around t0 fill a faction.

by far the bigger problem is how the queue system queues premades.
    under the current system, if dom has a premade of 20 (and no pugs), NF a pug of 21 and oath a pug of 23..
    when a 2nd premade joins the queue, they would be put on dom - with the first premade - because it is the team with the least players.

the second biggest problem in CQ is simply that pugs don't want to do what is needed for their team to win fights.
    they don't switch specs to balance out the raid, and they are incredibly bad at following a leaders calls, particularly if already engaged in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Scormus View Post
    Form your own premade.
    Problem solved.
    That don't solved the problem if it did we would not have this coming up here and there even ingame.

Rift Disciple

The biggest problem I have experienced is along the lines of what Kronos was saying about motivation... I have been on PuG teams that have rallied together and beaten the pre-made, but it doesn't happen often because:

A. People join the PuG team, see the Pre-made, and immediately quit (sometimes joining again and again in the hopes of getting on the pre-made side, I guess). Or worse, stick around to help morale by telling everyone how hopeless it is and just sitting off somewhere doing as little as possible.

B. Solo players seem to think they can do just that. Solo the CQ. Even when people try to rally them, and give some organization to the team, they just go off and do their own thing and fail miserably.

C. Too many people try to lead, while the rarer of the three it sometimes happens where conflicting call outs are given and the team fragments into small groups of canon fodder.

With a pre-made, you don't have that period of adjustment for figuring out who is going to lead. You don't have the people on the team just giving everyone grief for whatever they are trying to do, you just have a group of people aiming for the goal instead of a bunch of PuGs peeing in the dark and spinning in circles while doing it...

Quote Originally Posted by Kronung View Post
    The biggest problem I have experienced is along the lines of what Kronos was saying about motivation... I have been on PuG teams that have rallied together and beaten the pre-made, but it doesn't happen often because:

A. People join the PuG team, see the Pre-made, and immediately quit (sometimes joining again and again in the hopes of getting on the pre-made side, I guess). Or worse, stick around to help morale by telling everyone how hopeless it is and just sitting off somewhere doing as little as possible.

B. Solo players seem to think they can do just that. Solo the CQ. Even when people try to rally them, and give some organization to the team, they just go off and do their own thing and fail miserably.

C. Too many people try to lead, while the rarer of the three it sometimes happens where conflicting call outs are given and the team fragments into small groups of canon fodder.

With a pre-made, you don't have that period of adjustment for figuring out who is going to lead. You don't have the people on the team just giving everyone grief for whatever they are trying to do, you just have a group of people aiming for the goal instead of a bunch of PuGs peeing in the dark and spinning in circles while doing it...
    Been in a few pugs groups that did end up organization there groups we had about maybe 2 or 3 people going off solo, but the time we end up setting up right spec for each of the group that had PM set befor cq started was way ahead of us, other team dead in the water being farmed pretty much was to late, we didn't have the top gear and power that group had.

I just pug my self in cq I seen what happen and what does not happen, even seen people that are usely in PM group complain they didn't get in there PM groups they was hoping they get lucky to get in there side, then they just took off and left the cq.

The problem ends up this we keep PM where it is, people still end up doing same thing even seeing how much worst it become after few months. I know the limit 5 group for cq not going to fix things it's just a patch over it to get the people not motivated to do cq to do it now, pretty just it's just trying keep the fire going for cq, with limit amount pm going on it's not going happen on the premade side to keep the that fire going, there just making it worst adding water to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scormus View Post
    Form your own premade.
    Problem solved.

Disable premades in Conquest,problem solved.

disable postmades too.

Getting your faction hijaked by one of two a kill feeding HK raids is dull too... especially if you're the third faction as well.

Quote Originally Posted by brincas View Post
    agree

but as everything in Rift if it anything is related with PVP trion will not do anything except killing pvp, we all see the difference between the replys from DEV in PVP forum and in PVE.

Saddly trion will never reduce premades in CQ, i hope they will, it will probably balance thing a little bit
    Totally agree,in it's current state Conquest,specially the Stepps map,is not eve close to what i would call pvp,the premade zones in as a full raid and roflstomps the other 10-15 players left between the other 2 factions (most people leave when they spot the premade and only rejoin at the timer)

And yes i have been in the faction the premades have been in too and curb-stomped the "noobs" to an easy victory and let me tell you,that's no fun either.
    Last edited by Asenturius; 04-24-2015 at 07:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast