+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The new weekly quest, Aquias Avengers

Rift Disciple

Default The new weekly quest, Aquias Avengers

First off thank you Trion for the new weekly quest !

However is is not working very well at all

Aquias Avenger.

1) people dont get credit for kills in Raid groups unless tagged (gg healers)
    2) the mobs spawn ridiculously slow, and die too fast. just a group of people standing around in between 2 seconds of killing mobs
    3) buffing turrets hurts, not helps, because mobs then do not come to mid
    4) takes almost 5 times longer than other weeklies

Please have them take a look at this sir

Rift Disciple

Is there no one else that has tried to do this quest ?

Really if the mobs spawned and faster and had more HP ( or counted for the whole group) it would be ok !

Hoping we can see a small change to improve the fun factor here rather than (literally) just standing around waiting for waves to come.

Rift Chaser

What I'd suggest:

Make the location of the current Onslaught visible on the map (so you don't have to manually visit all 9 spots)
    Make it easier to initiate the event.
    Have the speed and health of the invasions increase until eventually the defenders are over run.

This would let the solo player trigger and get at least a few invasions from each trigger, it would make it easier to locate, and would encourage raids to form to clear out the weekly in one marathon session.

General of Telara

The biggest problem I have with these is that the Commander falls way too fast. They seem to go down just as fast as the regular mobs. If the Commander was buffed based on the number of people in the area then maybe everyone would have a chance to get a hit in so they can get credit for the kill. Ideally all the kills would be credited to all members of the party but then the numbers needed might need adjusting as well.

What I do like about the weekly is that it isn't done in an hour or less. It is supposed to be a weekly task so it would seem logical if it took a few days to finish it off.

Oh, one final thought, it would also be nice if there was some kind of indicator on the map showing which area is being infiltrated. If you miss the one notice that pops up (or are out of the zone at the time) you have to hope you can stumble across and active invasion.

Soulwalker

Default Triggering

I'm not clear on how you even trigger this. Do you just use a planar charge on something?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by eldernos View Post
    I'm not clear on how you even trigger this. Do you just use a planar charge on something?
    When you find one up you clear your way to center (requires killing 2 guards and an elite turrent, then 2 guards and an elite heal station), then use planar infusion on the center. Invasions will start, there are other guard+turrets and guard+heal around as well so you might want to clear those too.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mathadon View Post
    Make the location of the current Onslaught visible on the map (so you don't have to manually visit all 9 spots)
    Is this really the only way to find these new events? I got the daily/weekly yesterday in hope to see some message like "onslaught started in XXX", but nothing like it ever popped up. So I'm still at a loss what I'm supposed to do here.

Edit: Never mind, just found the other thread with some more details on how they seem to have messed up another new event :P
    Last edited by Elayara; 04-16-2015 at 09:15 PM.

Shadowlander

Its like old sparkle quest all pver again.

1 - MAKE those active locations visible on map
    2 - Make the Raid Kills count (like you did for Sparkles quest)

Shadowlander

I agree that this quest needs to be looked at. I was in a raid when an event was active, but wasn't getting credit for the kills if I was out of range, and I spent most of the time running around trying to tag a hit before they were all killed.

One easier way to get the invasion part done is to locate a spawn point for zone event invasions and drag them into the quest area before killing them. The area doesn't have to be 'active' in order to count.

You still have to find the planar commanders though......

do people not read enough? there are 3 other threads about this topic...
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.
    Dahbee's Law #2: A good gnome is a dead gnome.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mathadon View Post
    Have the speed and health of the invasions increase until eventually the defenders are over run.
    This. I want an onslaught to be an onslaught! If we don't eventually wipe, Trion is doing it wrong.

Of course, Onslaughts would then need to have more than one commander during the event: one while the onslaught is still quite manageable, and then more coming periodically when the onslaught becomes hell-on-earth and the raid is being steadily over-run.

Ascendant

At least the quest name sounds really cool.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

I've recently made a few changes to the onslaught events, I'll detail them below. They should make it into this week's hotfix, but if not, they will be in next week's for certain.

- Lowered the HP on the initial enemy guards and turrets by a considerable amount
    - Lowered the active onslaught time from 15 minutes to 7 minutes
    - Increased the number of invasions that spawn at once
    - Increased Invasion and Commander HP
    - Lowered the time between active Onslaught locations from 15 minutes to 10 minutes
    - Added a map marker for the active location; you’ll need to be in the zone to see it but it
    should make finding the active location easier

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilar View Post
    I've recently made a few changes to the onslaught events, I'll detail them below. They should make it into this week's hotfix, but if not, they will be in next week's for certain.

- Lowered the HP on the initial enemy guards and turrets by a considerable amount
    - Lowered the time between active Onslaught locations from 15 minutes to 10 minutes
    - Added a map marker for the active location; you’ll need to be in the zone to see it but it
    Awesome ! Thanks Kerilar for the changes and the update. I look forward to trying these out.

<O└d Skool>

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilar View Post

I think you missed one. Increase the number of commanders

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast