+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The new weekly quest, Aquias Avengers

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by somestuff View Post
    I think you missed one. Increase the number of commanders
    One Commander per Onslaught is working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilar View Post
    I have to do 15 onlausght to get the quest done?

Is 1 Onslaught the 15 min thing?

Care to share the % of completion of this weekly tomorrow?

Rift Chaser

What about "entire raid gets credit, not just those that manage to land a hit"?

Soulwalker

Default weekly requirements too high for the reward

I want to suggest that the requirements for the onslaught weekly (300 invasions, 15 commanders) be reduced significantly, perhaps by a factor of 3 (to 100 invasions, 5 commanders).

This would bring the time required to complete the weekly in line with the similar weekly for raid rifts, as in my experience it takes about as long to assemble a raid and complete the rift as it does to find an onslaught, clear the area, and complete the event.

Given the situation that a raid rift and an onslaught are about the same time commitment, why is it that 5 raid rifts = 1 weekly raid rift quest but 15 onslaughts = 1 weekly onslaught quest when the rewards for the two weeklies are identical? (Granted there is a greater cost for one person for the rift lure, but this seems balanced out by the increased VS reward for the entire raid for the daily quest.) Reducing the time to complete an onslaught event may help, but I think that even if the time between first invasion and commander spawn was 3-5m the weekly quest requirements should still be at least halved (to 150 invasions, 7 commanders) due to the time investment necessary before they begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathadon View Post
    This. It's a game breaker for me.
    Last edited by Dahbee; 04-21-2015 at 02:16 PM.
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.
    Dahbee's Law #2: A good gnome is a dead gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by somestuff View Post
    Care to share the % of completion of this weekly tomorrow?
    It's greater than 0%.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Ascendant

That is a crazy grind that is not worth the reward, by far the highest grind out of the weeklies and the only one I didn't complete this week. It is poor implementation to have a new weekly as the most hated especially when the rewards are less than a PvP weekly.

Nice initial changes, but I agree that the weekly requirements probably need to be lowered and there should be group tagging for the quest.

Ascendant

And yet there is potential for so much more.

Have the strength of the invasions increase with the number of people present in the Onslaught Zone, and have the invasions escalate in difficulty (introducing more elites and bosses as the Onslaught progresses, as well as buffing the regular mobs).

The onslaught should scale so that a decent group would withstand the onslaught until the first commander and get their daily done. After that, the Onslaught should escalate quickly enough that only really good groups can get the second commander done, and only top raiding guilds can whip together the resources to take down the third commander. The fourth commander should be a pipe dream for people to aim for.

This would allow better organized groups to get their weekly done faster, but not too fast. It would also provide an interesting challenge open world content for the more casual players who do not raid.

This would require more development resources, but it would transform Onslaughts into something worthy of that title.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    That is a crazy grind that is not worth the reward, by far the highest grind out of the weeklies and the only one I didn't complete this week. It is poor implementation to have a new weekly as the most hated especially when the rewards are less than a PvP weekly.
    If you are completing all but one Weekly, then Rift does not have enough Weeklies and/or the Weeklies are currently too easy.

If you have all the other weeklies done, then you are spending a significant amount of time in the warfronts, and in NTEs, and in IAs, and tagging ZEs, along with whatever Weeklies with which I am less familiar. And you want to dumb down the latest Weekly so that you can breeze through it as well?

Hell no. I'd like to see Onslaught be true onslaught so that really well organized groups of great players can get three commanders done per Onslaught before they get wiped. But just lowering the benchmarks for the Weekly? How utterly lame.

Weeklies are a reward for people who spend a large amount of time doing the targeted activity, not a form of charity for entitled players.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 04-21-2015 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Weeklies are a reward for people who spend a large amount of time doing the targeted activity, not a form of charity for entitled players.
    I guess you didn't actually try and complete this weekly then because the main issue is that players spend a large amount of time trying to find the activity rather than doing the activity and when they do manage to find it, it's badly implemented and frustrating.

I tried to get started on this quest the first day it came out, spent a few hours just trying to find an active onslaught, when eventually finding one spent more time waiting for mobs to spawn than actually killing them and failing to get credit for most (as people killing them on far side from you do not give the group credit), missed the commander and thought to myself "Nope. Not even attempting to finish this weekly unless they fix these issues" and paid it no heed for the rest of the week.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Come on, you know that isn't true .

- 30 IAs take about 60-75mins.
    - 4 Zone Events can take as low as 10mins if you simply pop in for a hit while you do other stuff.
    - 20 NMR bosses can take 1 to 2 hours depending on your luck with boss spawn rate, which for some reason seems to be lower in 3.2. I was used to about 1 boss per 7-8 stages on average, now it seems to be 1 per 15-20.

As of now, one Onslaught takes about 15-20mins to complete since it starts or so? Having to do 15 of those is 225-300mins, or 4-5 hours. The fact that tagging isn't exactly as forgiving as in other events doesn't help either. Depending on what exactly the intent of the developers is, either it should be reduced to 200 Invasions + 10 commanders for the weekly with tagging taking place even if not directly hitting the Commander/Invasions, or increase the requirements for the other weeklies to be on par (though I guess this would cause a lot more uproar).

Soulwalker

I've recently made a few changes to the onslaught events, I'll detail them below. They should make it into this week's hotfix, but if not, they will be in next week's for certain.

- Lowered the HP on the initial enemy guards and turrets by a considerable amount
    - Lowered the active onslaught time from 15 minutes to 7 minutes
    - Increased the number of invasions that spawn at once
    - Increased Invasion and Commander HP
    - Lowered the time between active Onslaught locations from 15 minutes to 10 minutes
    - Added a map marker for the active location; you’ll need to be in the zone to see it but it
    should make finding the active location easier
    That's a good boy!

As long as people have to do damage on a NPC to get credit, people won't be just leeching. I strongly recommend to keep this the way it is! I don't want to do all the work for slackers.
    Last edited by Morticielle; 04-22-2015 at 01:11 AM.
    Morticielle | 65 | Rogue | Rank 95 | Gilgamesh | EU-Brutwacht

Beware of TTIP - CETA - TISA !

Quote Originally Posted by Morticielle View Post
    As long as people have to do damage on a NPC to get credit, people won't be just leeching.
    That's exactly what would happen, little Johnny Awesome sitting on his mount "guarding" the wardstone while leeching all the kills and getting credit.

Hit the mob, do your share of the work, get your reward

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast