+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Loving the reworked Instant Adventures.

Default Loving the reworked Instant Adventures.

Well done!
    Last edited by Kimatsu; 04-16-2015 at 11:35 AM.

Telaran

Maybe next hotfix we can get them renamed to "Spend an exorbitant amount of time doing these then get voted afk before the adventure completes because apparently killing 10/15 of the things is AFK, so enjoy that 15minute debuff Adventures". Anyone want to start premade IAs? Only way I'm doing that weekly now.

I agree, can't be lazy anymore do short easy runs to get weekly done, but is far less boring.

We were doing them yesterday, and started in a low level area. After about 18, we got moved to Steppes. On 1 of my last quests, we were at the top of a tower. We had to kill these mini towers that would spawn, and collect orbs to turn in.
    The spawn times were a couple of minutes apart, and went down fast. I was on the wrong side of the building when 1 spawned, and didn't get to hit it. Before the next 1 spawned, I was marked afk, and did not get credit for the adventure. The entire 30 quests took a good 40-45 minutes.
    The old 1's, I could knock out in less than 30 min, right at reset, before work.

Shadowlander

I had the opposite problem. On mine last night there was a Nightmare Rift that opened and everyone in my RAID group did that while I finished the IA with two other guys/gals.

I assume they got no loot? Maybe not.

Also, I agree they used to go much faster.

There probably is a happy medium to be had somewhere. Getting flagged AFK because you're away from the spawn point but moving on your mount to get there seems silly as well.

There's a weekly for these?? Bonus! ~ I've been doing them just because they are a fun break from warfronts. I'll have to look into that.

Que up some instant adventures, slaughter stuff, see different places, meet new people, it's tons better than it used to be.

User choose-able reputation for IA's 4TW!
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Happysack View Post
    We were doing them yesterday, and started in a low level area. After about 18, we got moved to Steppes. On 1 of my last quests, we were at the top of a tower. We had to kill these mini towers that would spawn, and collect orbs to turn in.
    The spawn times were a couple of minutes apart, and went down fast. I was on the wrong side of the building when 1 spawned, and didn't get to hit it. Before the next 1 spawned, I was marked afk, and did not get credit for the adventure. The entire 30 quests took a good 40-45 minutes.
    The old 1's, I could knock out in less than 30 min, right at reset, before work.
    I think the only thing you need to do to get credit is hit something, anything at all.
    Once last night I had no idea what to do with a IA quest and eventually got the
    AFK warning, hit something random and was told I'd get a reward at the end
    which I did.
    It can be hard to participate if you got a 20 man raid run around destroying everything
    before you even get in range...

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Happysack View Post
    The entire 30 quests took a good 40-45 minutes.
    Being able to knock out the 30 IA minute in under 30 minutes was always way under the intended time. If the bar by which you are going to measure the new IA system is whether you can complete it in under 30 minutes, then you will be disappointed because that is not the target we are aiming for.

We knew going into this that a segment of the player base primarily interested in min/maxing rewards from the weekly vs time spent would be unhappy with this change, but the goal was to make the system itself more fun for a greater number of players. And in the end, 45 minutes or so for the rewards the weekly gives is still VERY high on the scale of rewards given vs time spent.

That said, I am totally with you on the amount of waiting for objectives in SL zones - most of the SL era adventures never had large groups running through them and appear very much in need of a tuning pass - because INSTANT adventure should not be about waiting. ;)

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MYoun View Post
    Maybe next hotfix we can get them renamed to "Spend an exorbitant amount of time doing these then get voted afk before the adventure completes because apparently killing 10/15 of the things is AFK, so enjoy that 15minute debuff Adventures". Anyone want to start premade IAs? Only way I'm doing that weekly now.
    The ability to vote afk other players is throttled so each player can only vote on 1 or 2 people every few adventures. It takes multiple votes to flag you as not participating. At THAT point you get a visible debuff warning you that you have been marked as not participating which then counts down for a full minute. If you do anything that might contribute to your group's success - fighting a mob, healing a teammate, clicking an objective... just SOMETHING in that minute, the debuff is removed and the vote was wasted.

For the scenario you described above, you did nothing at all for a full minute AFTER getting the vote debuff.

The new ia's are so much more fun now. Getting moved to different zones is what i love most about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    The ability to vote afk other players is throttled so each player can only vote on 1 or 2 people every few adventures. It takes multiple votes to flag you as not participating. At THAT point you get a visible debuff warning you that you have been marked as not participating which then counts down for a full minute. If you do anything that might contribute to your group's success - fighting a mob, healing a teammate, clicking an objective... just SOMETHING in that minute, the debuff is removed and the vote was wasted.

For the scenario you described above, you did nothing at all for a full minute AFTER getting the vote debuff.
    I feel like Tacitus dropped the mic after this one.
    Myred & Associates, a Deepwood PLLC
    dba TedCrooz@Deepwood; Mjirth@Deepwood
    Keeper of the Corgi Mask < -Hello Kitty- >
    #SeastoneBestStone, but never forget #DeepwoodBestWood

Soulwalker

I don't think even 30 IAs inside 45 mins is the norm now, at least that hasn't been my experience. I typically log in at lunch and do IAs, previously I could get about 20-25 done inside 40 mins but with the changes I get 9-10 done in 40 mins with a near full raid. Granted both times this was in SL zones where we were waiting on spawns and unable to see the graphics to know where to use reactive abilities.

Running around aimlessly waiting for your reactive to light up for the win!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post

Fair enough, after carrying 66% of the workload I decided to stop and chat. Does that mean I should lose credit for that 66%? I'll admit, I tried it again in off peak hours and did some solo adventures, and the rewards are better. But people are still not carrying their weight, and now people are trolling the vote afk, so I'm not doing these with people. Having a participation scoreboard similar to warfronts, or the option to run these alone at any hour, would be ideal.

Rift Disciple

I did encounter one odd thing, while running the IAs someone entered the Iron Tombs, and after the enter spam subsided everything seemed okay until I switched characters... every character I switched to had the icon to enter the instance, had to log completely out to get rid of it from under the mini map.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast