+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Loving the reworked Instant Adventures.

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #46
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Aren't ALL reps available .. just go to TB for SL zones or Margle for NT zones
    That is basically correct with the clarification that only ZONE based factions are available. Which means Ghar and Torvan Hunters are not included.

This does mean that Onir, Atragarian, and Cerulean Rehnke from NT are now available (and were not previously) as well as the Arcane Hand and Runekeepers from Classis that were also not available previously.

Also these turn-ins are not limited to daily, by design. Do as much IA as you want and turn in for Notoriety as frequently as you like.

Default Notoriety

Okey my problem is solved,i earned some redeemable adventure items,but i dont know why not when me try the first two runs... (all time doing the quests)

I like the new IA. It does take much longer to do my weekly now BUT the notoriety is great and i make better plat than before. The groups are fuller and more active. Ty ty.

Soulwalker

Default It was better before when you could choose to go random IA or to pick your zone

Now you are forced into random adventure. I hate the lack of choice now. Why did Trion remove the choice option?
    Last edited by ishappyone; 04-20-2015 at 04:33 AM.

So I was in an IA yesterday. I did about 5/25 objectives on my own, then around 23/25 total I alt+tabbed. When I got back two minutes later I was informed that I was not participating and would receive no credit.
    Did someone mark me AFK?
    Is this WAI, that I did more work than most of the raid could (we were ~15 people and I did a fifth of the objectives on my own), and received no credit?
    Also, I'm actually not sure I didn't receive credit. Something advanced; I think it was my weekly, but it may have been the guild quest. There may have been a race there, because I was told I wouldn't get credit pretty much right when the last objective was completed.

Champion of Telara

So I was in an IA yesterday. I did about 5/25 objectives on my own, then around 23/25 total I alt+tabbed. When I got back two minutes later I was informed that I was not participating and would receive no credit.
    Did someone mark me AFK?
    Is this WAI, that I did more work than most of the raid could (we were ~15 people and I did a fifth of the objectives on my own), and received no credit?
    Also, I'm actually not sure I didn't receive credit. Something advanced; I think it was my weekly, but it may have been the guild quest. There may have been a race there, because I was told I wouldn't get credit pretty much right when the last objective was completed.
    Yes, you need to be active during the adventure now for it to count. Your contribution doesn't even have to be direct, you can just heal those who do the objective, or clear mobs around an objective, Tacitus has stated they all work.

I would recommend they implement something similar to Zone Events in the future as well. Jumping in to throw 3 attacks on the boss only and getting 70%+ of what someone who does everything isn't only promoting slacking, but it actively punishes those who contribute with objectives.

If you contribute enough in an adventure, you should get a buff or something similar that protects you from being marked as non-participating, effectively allowing heavily participating players a way to guarantee rewards.

It would be a little trickier to implement, but I'd like to see the opposite as well. A large amount of non-participation should guarantee a lack of rewards.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    If you contribute enough in an adventure, you should get a buff or something similar that protects you from being marked as non-participating, effectively allowing heavily participating players a way to guarantee rewards.

It would be a little trickier to implement, but I'd like to see the opposite as well. A large amount of non-participation should guarantee a lack of rewards.
    This is essentially what I was getting at. There's no incentive to do 100% of the work if 14/15 people aren't even attempting to. Especially when they vote you afk for not being at the NM1 that spawned on the opposite side of the map.
    RoF 4/4, MS 4/5, TF 1/3, HK 2/11

I like to play Rift when Trion let's me.

Champion of Telara

What is though "enough participation"? If an adventure wants you to kill 20 mobs of 50k hp each and you deal, for example, 200k damage yourself (20% of total 1M hp), should it be a free pass to afk until the adventure completes?

Also, what if someone is simply a good player and knows to deal a large amount of damage in a short time, while someone else is still new and learning and needs 2 or 3 times as much time to deal the same? Should the first player be marked as "grant rewards" at 1/3rd that it would take to mark the second?

What about collection adventures? What if I spend my time killing the mobs that prevent you from gathering and someone else just goes and gathers it while I'm killing? I could end up with 100% uptime and 0 collection, whereas someone who just waited for me to get aggro gathered 5 items gets a free card to afk until next adventure?

Active time should matter, not how much direct contribution you had to an objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Askha View Post
    Okey my problem is solved,i earned some redeemable adventure items,but i dont know why not when me try the first two runs... (all time doing the quests)
    The "Adventure Chest" is a random loot drop that will mostly happen during an adventure including a boss kill or a defense objective. That does not mean you can not get them at toher times, it just means that is when you are most likely to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by ishappyone View Post
    Now you are forced into random adventure. I hate the lack of choice now. Why did Trion remove the choice option?
    As has been stated many times in this and other threads one of the main reasons was group size. IA's were never designed to be for solo play or small groups. With the current system it forces larger groups.

Did someone mark me AFK?
    I am on the fence with this one. Yes, I understand you did a part of the objective, however you were afk for TWO minutes by your own admittance. IA's are meant to be a continuing group that does not support AFK players. Personally even if I am only going to the kitchen to get a drink I usually drop group and rejoin when I am back. I did this before the new system and will continue to do so. That is just how I do things because baring an actual life or death emergency I can not see why people can not just do the IA's or get out if they need to put their attention to other things. If I find something I consider more important than the IA I am on I leave group.

I really do not think this is a good idea because the slackers that already cause enough issues will easily exploit that. They will do the minimum required and then do nothing else. Before the gave us back a way to get rid of bums again we had people who would boast about being jerks. They would say things like "Have fun completing my weekly for me" and we had no way of stopping them from doing it. They would just sit on their mount and do nothing. There is not going to be a system that will ever be agreeable due to the difference in players that are OK with carrying a slacker and those that do not like to do other peoples work for them.

<O└d Skool>

Telaran

I'm on a mobile phone, so snipping quotes is a hassle, I'm responding to the post above the post above me.

You should be actively trying to complete tasks in the least amount of time possible to maximize rewards. Because IAs mix players of different levels and skill, there going to be the classic veteran getting more done vs New players struggling to keep up. enough participation to go afk immune should be double or triple the percentage of objective over number of players involved. Possibly more than that. Multiple people are speaking out having done in excess of 90% of the objective without reward. In the example of someone in a 15 man killing 20/25 we see 1000% of the expected participation. This may seem like an extreme, and I hope it becomes that, but as it stands it's the majority of IAs for me when on peak.

I'm going to stop replying to this thread, as I've made my point and I don't see the discussion going anywhere. People should try to accomplish the adventures as fast as possible, people shouldn't expect to be carried, an objective system to remove afk players would be ideal over assigning the power to the players(if one out of fifteen is actively doing the objectives he can't vote the other fourteen afk alone, but they can vote him afk). No one is going to read or reply to this section of my post, and it's effectively moot. Everyone is just reading what they want to and assuming players with concerns just want to be dead weight for their weekly.
    Last edited by MYoun; 04-20-2015 at 07:10 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    If you are present at 2 out of 3 bosses in an NTE (66%) and afk before the last boss, do you think you should get completion reward from it, especially if you have been kick-voted for afk?
    He did 66% of the object for that single adventure, so your example is wrong. You should be asking: "If you did 66% of the damage on a single NTE boss and then afk'd until the boss died should you get a reward for the boss." The answer is btw is yes.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dio On Endless View Post
    He did 66% of the object for that single adventure, so your example is wrong. You should be asking: "If you did 66% of the damage on a single NTE boss and then afk'd until the boss died should you get a reward for the boss." The answer is btw is yes.
    The adventures are multi-part. The single-boss analogy only works for the boss adventures, not for those what require killing or collecting lots.

You can't draw a line. As it has been said, you can have less absolute contribution on the meters but more time spent actively on the adventure. The game simply tries to catch those who are a burden on the rest by intent, not by lack of skill/performance/whatever. If you say that you want to play for 3mins then afk for the other 2, that's intent. But if someone actually plays for those 5 mins even if they do not progress the adventure by as much as the former player in the 3mins, that's simply lack of efficiency/whatever.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    The adventures are multi-part. The single-boss analogy only works for the boss adventures, not for those what require killing or collecting lots.

You can't draw a line. As it has been said, you can have less absolute contribution on the meters but more time spent actively on the adventure. The game simply tries to catch those who are a burden on the rest by intent, not by lack of skill/performance/whatever. If you say that you want to play for 3mins then afk for the other 2, that's intent. But if someone actually plays for those 5 mins even if they do not progress the adventure by as much as the former player in the 3mins, that's simply lack of efficiency/whatever.
    Breaking my word to reply again, mostly out of boredom.

"Kill 25 Bugs"

Player A kills 24 bugs. Player B is role-playing with a rabbit. Players C-F are doing a nightmare rift, and vote A and B AFK. Player A drops a mailbox to pick up money from auction, and relist items that didn't sell, misses afk timer debug. Player B uses an AoE heal near the rabbit because it looks thirsty. His afk debuff goes away.

Progress is the point of content. You have a goal. In group content everyone is supposed to carry their weight. If you can't carry your weight pay attention so you can later. Learn.

As it stands now I need to set up a kalert for the afk vote debuff, not because I don't do the tasks or try to abuse the system, but because I'm engaging in activities and sometimes you take a minute for social aspects like economy or guild chat. Or you tab out to check a guide for rare spawns in the zone, etc.
    Last edited by MYoun; 04-20-2015 at 09:51 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MYoun View Post
    Breaking my word to reply again, mostly out of boredom.

"Kill 25 Bugs"

Player A kills 24 bugs. Player B is role-playing with a rabbit. Players C-F are doing a nightmare rift, and vote A and B AFK. Player A drops a mailbox to pick up money from auction, and relist items that didn't sell, misses afk timer debug. Player B uses an AoE heal near the rabbit because it looks thirsty. His afk debuff goes away.

Progress is the point of content. You have a goal. In group content everyone is supposed to carry their weight. If you can't carry your weight pay attention so you can later. Learn.
    If Player B is roleplaying with a rabbit, that's AFK by intent. If Player A misses a warning that persists for an entire minute, that's AFK by intent. If Players C-F are doing other stuff, that's AFK by intent. In this example, the problem with the system is that it doesn't kick all of them. Btw, for the heal to count and flag him as non-afk, it needs to hit a player who has contributed or will contribute according to the criteria Tacitus has implemented. If it doesn't hit anyone who has, it won't remove the marking.

IA is a group effort, not a personal one. The amount of how much of their weight one can carry depends on how much the rest can carry as well. I can end up in a group where I do 90% of the objectives and I can end up in a group where I do just 1% without changing my effort or playstyle at all. The keypoint is that I still try to help, and that I do not rely on others doing it for me while I go do other stuff that promote only my goals and not that of the group.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast