+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Loving the reworked Instant Adventures.

I have participated in the "New" Instant Adventures on six different characters since they were introduced. What is confounding my mind at the moment is all the naysayers and afk check haters. During my adventures on these characters I have only ran into ONE "Bug" in the Instant Adventures and that had to due with the level change when the adventures move areas. The GM's responded fast and they are putting out a fix for it in the next patch.

Out of all my characters I adventured with, I did not witness any of the other mentioned problems. I have no clue if this is due to the fact that when I am on Instant Adventures I stay 100% active in the group and in the current quest area. If I ever need to do something in real life or need to chat or whatever, I leave the adventure group and return when I am free again. Even if I find something to mine,forage, etc. I will work on the current adventure quest then grab the node/etc. and move on to the next mob. There was never a time that things were completed so fast that I had no chance to participate in at least one kill or click at least one item. On the chance that I have an emergency in real life that requires my attention, well then I do not care if I get afk kicked. I will just rejoin later after my emergency is over and any debuff is run out if I had any.

I am fine if Trion tweeks things to make others happy as long as they do not revert to a system that just lets people AFK and leech as bad as before. Its a sad day when some lazy bum plants his mount and says "Have fun completing my weekly" then doesn't do anything and you can't kick him.

<O└d Skool>

Soulwalker

Personally, I don't mind the AFK kicking solution. What I don't like is lack a choices. Multiple choices was the main reason I started Rift in the first place.

To me, a large raid sized group rolling across the countryside seemingly one-shotting everything in sight is NOT FUN! In the past, whenever I landed in this size of group-I would simply quit and try again until I could find a smaller group. I think smaller groups of 5 to 8 working together are more fun. But we don't have that choice now.

Also, there are some zones that I simply don't care to quest in. Before I could choose what zone I preferred. But not anymore.

I guess I can still choose-to not use the IA system.

Quote Originally Posted by BlinDefender View Post
    Personally, I don't mind the AFK kicking solution. What I don't like is lack a choices. Multiple choices was the main reason I started Rift in the first place.

To me, a large raid sized group rolling across the countryside seemingly one-shotting everything in sight is NOT FUN! In the past, whenever I landed in this size of group-I would simply quit and try again until I could find a smaller group. I think smaller groups of 5 to 8 working together are more fun. But we don't have that choice now.

Also, there are some zones that I simply don't care to quest in. Before I could choose what zone I preferred. But not anymore.

I guess I can still choose-to not use the IA system.
    Problem with small group people keep coming and leaving, can take even longer how people come and go not sure who going stay or skip on us make things take even longer to do. Big group i think it's going get balance as it can get.
    Last edited by Zaber; 04-17-2015 at 05:16 PM.

Before 3.2 i participated in IA's only for the weekly. And i hated it. They were so boring and repetitive. The same quests over and over. I got my 30/30 completed and forgot that they existed for the rest of the week.

Now i jump into ia's whenever i'm bored. They are great fun.

I'm really enjoying 3.2.

*New Wardrobe System (10/10)
    *New Instant Adventures System (10/10)
    *Nightmare Tide Twisted Artifacts (10/10)

Not loving them so much as if the number is less than 15 it is a wait around twiddling thumbs till people join to make it 15.

Telaran

I can't wait for the HK IAs.

But seriously, can we get a way to turn in those marks for Keepers rep?

Quote Originally Posted by mckftw View Post
    I can't wait for the HK IAs.

Can we get a way to make them usefull? They are currently for old reps only that I have had maxed for years. They are worthless. I was really not happy to see some useless rep added

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarundi View Post
    Can we get a way to make them usefull? They are currently for old reps only that I have had maxed for years. They are worthless. I was really not happy to see some useless rep added
    New rep and old rep that one can use the currently for, but I'm max out as well with everything on rep, but I agree it's need more then just rep only for ones that have it max out.
    Last edited by Zaber; 04-17-2015 at 08:00 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zaber View Post
    New rep and old rep that one can use the currently for, but I'm max out as well with everything on rep, but I agree it's need more then just rep only for ones that have it max out.
    Agreed. I've got all but Keeper's maxed. I wish there was a way to convert those into some other kind of currency. The plat and exp for turning them in for rep isn't nothing, but it isn't great. No real reason to do IAs past 30 for the week.

Default Mixed feelings

Yes good to see much people playing in the party/raid.Good thing doing adventures randomly all time.

The worst thing for me,no earned Notoriety.Doing these my lv18 and my lv65 chars at throught 8-10 quests,0 notoriety earned.I am nothing an old player and i planned to improve the fraction points as far as possible.Until now...

So i planned doing instant adventures much less than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by Myred View Post
    I feel like Tacitus dropped the mic after this one.
    I was about to say much the same thing. Smackdown Delivered!

You know whats funny, Rift team if they did add tokens in to IA raid or not just to keep people in to do them all the time, the there be complain that to much to do usely on the raider side.
    Last edited by Zaber; 04-18-2015 at 05:38 AM.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #43
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Not loving them so much as if the number is less than 15 it is a wait around twiddling thumbs till people join to make it 15.
    There is no waiting around just because there are less than 15 people. The system still supports groups down to 1 player, it just tries to make and maintain large groups.

That said, as I have said elsewhere, there appears to be a bug in the code to merge a smaller group into a large group that results in the system... hanging. And not giving any more objectives. Your description sounds like you have joined a group that was broken in such a way. This is a major issue and is currently being investigated.

I feel obligated to call this out as a red herring. The token turn-in for notoriety replaces the old notoriety gained from each adventure. The rate of notoriety gain over time should average the same. The system has been EXPANDED to allow turn-ins for Notoriety with factions that were not previously accessible via IA. Also the tokens are BoA so they can be sent to alts, should you choose. The new system represents an expansion of the ability to earn Notoriety through IA, not a loss, and if the new system does not benefit you, the new system would have been of even less benefit to you.

All that said, this did remind me that I forgot to add a 1s sell price to the tokens. I will do that now so that you may at least more easily dispose of the tokens should you find them to be of no use whatsoever. This change should appear in the next hotfix.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #44
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mckftw View Post
    Being able to turn in for Keepers Notoriety should have been there. Its absence is a bug.

I will get that fixed for Wednesday's hotfix.

Aren't ALL reps available .. just go to TB for SL zones or Margle for NT zones

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast