+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: something not quite right with targeting and moving things

Question something not quite right with targeting and moving things

Im not the only one with this problem..thus its one reason i decided to go ahead and ask what is going on with the damn game?
    my bags or other things i have open.. it used to be easy to move things. but lately since the update.. i have to click several times just to get it to click to move it.. there are other issues others are having as well.. have several friends having trouble selecting thigns in the rift store.. no matter how much they click on something.. it wont select.....

now in my dimension i go to put things down.. and move them.. now we used to be able to click on the arrow or the color ring..etc to do what we needed to.. to move .. resize.. rotate. now.. when i want to do that.. i can hardly get it to click.. no mater how close i am.. to get it to select which one i want. (red or blue ring..etc) the arrows.. i found out that for like the red arrow.. i have to click well below.. just to select that.. etc.. its almost impossible to select what i need to.. just to move or rotate something and its frustrating.. what the heck happened with the update.. its almost like the arrows.,. etc are higher up than the actual click point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkra View Post
    now in my dimension i go to put things down.. and move them.. now we used to be able to click on the arrow or the color ring..etc to do what we needed to.. to move .. resize.. rotate. now.. when i want to do that.. i can hardly get it to click.. no mater how close i am.. to get it to select which one i want. (red or blue ring..etc) the arrows.. i found out that for like the red arrow.. i have to click well below.. just to select that.. etc.. its almost impossible to select what i need to.. just to move or rotate something and its frustrating.. what the heck happened with the update.. its almost like the arrows.,. etc are higher up than the actual click point.
    Check this post too.

Could be the new video settings?

* There is a new toggle in the basic video settings window that allows you to lock your client window frame, so you don't accidentally resize your window while playing.

RIFT Guide Writer

Check mouse. i know the triggers in my G700 have been dying a slow death and it causes this issue as well as camera spin issues constantly.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Soulwalker

I noticed this morning that I had to click below and to the right of what ever i was trying to click. especially noticeable in the auction house trying to click buyout and useable only boxes.

Ascendant

From the thread linked above:

Quote Originally Posted by Seyler View Post
    Settings -> Video -> Lock Window Size
    Check the box, maybe that fixes it.
    If you see a small border around your Rift window starting with 3.2, you should try this option to fix this problem. Looks like they confused screen and client coordinates somewhere, thus the small offset down and to the right. Removing the window border should remove this offset, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    From the thread linked above:

If you see a small border around your Rift window starting with 3.2, you should try this option to fix this problem. Looks like they confused screen and client coordinates somewhere, thus the small offset down and to the right. Removing the window border should remove this offset, too.
    tnx, that border was really bugging me

it was pretty bad when playing on the laptop, thx that lock window size toggle fixed it. Made moving items in bags around a total pain.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Thanks for letting us know about this, we aren't yet sure what's causing it but it's being looked into now. We'll give an update once we have more information.

thanks.. yeah.. if i was the only one.. no prob.. i would deal with it.. but im not the only one.. there are many i have been talking to lol.. not only that.. im at full screen.. im not windowed.

In the mean time if you're really full screen try checking your resolution, change it to something else and change it back to your desired resolution. Maybe even /reload for fun too
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-16-2015 at 11:13 AM.

I did not report this either, thought it was on my end, a video/mouse thing. After checking things out, like messing with the settings for fullscreen, lock, and mouse settings, nothing I did improved the issue either in-game or in Windows/mouse settings (which I have never messed with since installing my Theron some 2+ years ago). Exiting the client completely sometimes resolved the issue initially, but it always came back. I have noticed that whenever I bring up Rift Store first, before bags, merchants, etc, that is where the issue seems to begin. Glad devs are looking into it.
    Last edited by Janella; 04-16-2015 at 01:31 PM.
    Main: Branwenluned@US-Faeblight, FEM dwarf cleric, dps/heal souls
    Alt: Brigantea@US-Faeblight, FEM Eth Mage, dps souls

Main: Deidrascarletin@EU-Blightweild, FEM dwarf rogue, dps souls
    Alt: Eileanoir@EU-Typhiria, FEM Eth warrior, dps/tank souls

The smaller the mind the greater the arrogance. - Aesop

I play fullscreen and checking "Lock Window Size" fixed the issue.

Plane Walker

I filled out a ticket about this yesterday. It seems the curser is about 1/4 of an inch to 1/2 and inch towards the lower right side of what ever it is your trying to click. What is really annoying is the smaller the icon your trying to click the harder is it to click, such as the scroll of my chat window. Auction house is hard.. but manageable. It sort of fixes it if I choose full screen, its still off bit not as much, the problem there is, I cant click or use my other screen, as the mouse is then blocked from going to my other monitor.

This fixed the border thing while playing Fullscreen Windowed, but not the mouse imprecision. Gonna check out some of this more thoroughly when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I play fullscreen and checking "Lock Window Size" fixed the issue.
    Main: Branwenluned@US-Faeblight, FEM dwarf cleric, dps/heal souls
    Alt: Brigantea@US-Faeblight, FEM Eth Mage, dps souls

Main: Deidrascarletin@EU-Blightweild, FEM dwarf rogue, dps souls
    Alt: Eileanoir@EU-Typhiria, FEM Eth warrior, dps/tank souls

The smaller the mind the greater the arrogance. - Aesop

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

This should be fixed in the next hotfix. Thanks for your patience everyone!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast