+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Happy to see Brasse hired at Trion! Director of Community Relations

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Kimatsu View Post
    Her prior role has been mainly (in summary) been "forum police". Or PR (public reputation) monitoring.
    I'm predicting strong censorship in the future, unless your posts/feedback are positive and fluffy/fuzzy.
    Time will tell.
    You obviously aren't familiar with Brasse. She was a player before being a moderator. And Community Relations is a LOT more than modding forums. She has a deft touch and will leave you feeling fuzzy. :-) (I spent 6 years in EQ2 lands - she's very helpful!)
    Last edited by Doobius; 04-16-2015 at 10:54 PM. Reason: spelling

This is good news in two ways: Trion picks up a quality talent, and there's one less former Daybreak staffer on the unemployment line.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #18
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Heya!

Heheh, I am only "forum police" if the moderators are unavailable or things are on FIYAH and in need of someone senior with asbestos gear. No one wants to wield the Banhammer - it's not nearly as fun as it sounds.

In general, my job is to manage the folks on the Community Team and work with them to create policies and services. Forums is only one part of what we do, and we actually have mods who handle the bulk of that so that we can focus on talking with you, creating informational articles, running livestreams, troubleshooting issues, and so on.

We are player advocates, who represent at meetings with and in constant communication with Dev, Brand, QA and CS. The team does their best, but please remember that they are only human, just like you, so we're not going to be perfect all the time.

I also wanted to let you know that I am a certified altoholic. Although I've played Rift since launch, I dawdle and rp a lot, so my half dozen characters are mostly mid-level. My highest is a mostly Chloromancer Defiant with green hair, hereinafter called "the Elfink" and a sadly beardless Guardian Dwarf Necromantical type, hereinafter called "the most awesome naked-faced Dwarf ever." I regret that I do NOT reveal my server or character names, because eleventy-billion tells an hour make it hard to play, and I LOVE to play. I'll be there, right with you.

You can also find me on Facebook.com/brasse, and my Twitter handle is, predictably, @brasse

Brasse

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Heya!

Heheh, I am only "forum police" if the moderators are unavailable or things are on FIYAH and in need of someone senior with asbestos gear. No one wants to wield the Banhammer - it's not nearly as fun as it sounds.

In general, my job is to manage the folks on the Community Team and work with them to create policies and services. Forums is only one part of what we do, and we actually have mods who handle the bulk of that so that we can focus on talking with you, creating informational articles, running livestreams, troubleshooting issues, and so on.

We are player advocates, who represent at meetings with and in constant communication with Dev, Brand, QA and CS. The team does their best, but please remember that they are only human, just like you, so we're not going to be perfect all the time.

I also wanted to let you know that I am a certified altoholic. Although I've played Rift since launch, I dawdle and rp a lot, so my half dozen characters are mostly mid-level. My highest is a mostly Chloromancer Defiant with green hair, hereinafter called "the Elfink" and a sadly beardless Guardian Dwarf Necromantical type, hereinafter called "the most awesome naked-faced Dwarf ever." I regret that I do NOT reveal my server or character names, because eleventy-billion tells an hour make it hard to play, and I LOVE to play. I'll be there, right with you.

You can also find me on Facebook.com/brasse, and my Twitter handle is, predictably, @brasse

Brasse
    Welcome to the Rift team. I'm the one who'll probably be begging/nagging (pick one) for more video awesomeness, contests, and all the other fun stuff that CR does. I apologize in advance.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Heya!

Brasse
    On behalf of the Dwarves of Telara welcome and as a first initiation test could you please poke someone about the Dwarf female dance, its missing it's swag! (Sorry Ocho!)

Seriously though its been great following your enthusiasm on Twitter since playing Landmark Alpha which got me curious about EQNext and I look forward to seeing that instilled in our community.

All the best!

Telaran

Welcome Brasse!
    This is great news for the community.

Welcome! to Hell:P, wait I mean Welcome to Rift community and the rest community out there.
    Last edited by Zaber; 04-17-2015 at 11:35 AM.

Welcome to Trion, Brasse! I am so happy to see you here! It's nice to know I can still see a familiar face from SOE here at Rift.
    When the time comes and I completely remove myself from EQ2 (that time is coming on fast by the look of it)and I fully submerge myself into Rift and Archeage I will be glad you're here.
    Last edited by Gorjuss; 04-17-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Default Welcome

Welcome aboard, fantastic news Trion was able to attract such a solid, well regarded and experienced asset.

Your plate is already full, looking forward to your strategies
    re: "that disruptive 0.05 per cent of the player base can have a profound impact on the community, and unravel months of good work with a few malicious words or actions"...
    and the impact of unconstructive trolls deflecting potential new players.

Wishing you Best of Luck,
    Diz

Welcome, Have never heard of you before, but I hope your stay is fun.

Now could you get them to work on the .....

...'How To insert an image/gif/video Guide for Rift Forums'.

Thanks and welcome.

I was called a chicken for not posting here.

Default welcome!

If Ocho recommends her, she must be pretty darn good at what she does.

Welcome, Brasse!

https://twitter.com/Brasse
    Last edited by WockyCC; 04-17-2015 at 10:40 PM.

Welcome to Rift!

I played EQ2 for 7 years and there are so many things from that game that would make Rift better, so hopefully you will have some influence in that regard as well!

(i.e. functional guild halls instead of just decorative set pieces, shared banks between alts, crafting quest lines that are actually sending you out into the world and not just dailies where you press a button at a machine, being able to craft more than a handful of dimension items as in create a carpenter crafting class and the list goes on!)

Cheers

Dimensions:
    A Wedding to Remember - Vaeryia - Greybriar / Ranger's Retreat-Mirtt - Greybriar

Things are looking up!
    Dexstar - 65 Warrior <Reforged> Wolfsbane

Rift Chaser

my Twitter handle is, predictably, @brasse

Brasse
    Someone needs to update their Twitter profile to better describe their employment!

Welcome to Rift

Rasper Helpdesk of Everquest

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast