+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dyes. What have you done!?

Shadowlander

Exclamation Dyes. What have you done!?

I'm going to make a statement about what I am observing.
    If I am wrong, I will be very happy. If I am right, then this is a scam on a massive scale.

I have spent many, many thousand platinum on dyes the last months/year to build a huge wardrobe I can mix and match items with, also on costume set pieces to swap between characters.

These items, which are predominantly dyed in colours that cost 20-35plats per pot in AH are now obsolete. One full set of double-dyed items can easily have cost me in the excess of 250plats.

Here comes what is making me lose my mind;
    All of these items, no matter what colour they are dyed in.. can not be equipped with that colour.
    Those already on a slot have the correct colour, but if i swap them around i lose that colour to a cheap low tier version (i.e Exceptionally White turning into a grey'ish drab colour)
    If I change from an Excep White item to another, and then back to the Excep White one, i will lose that colour because the slot becomes a cheap standard colour.

So from what I am seeing, is that thousands of players now have spent millions of platinum on dyes that are NO LONGER AVAILABLE because the specific items were NOT equipped in a wardrobe slot when 3.2 hit. And all those dyed items are not worth bugger all, because they can not be equipped.

I for one am looking at my character and inventory, and all my nice awesome colours are gone.. because I can not override the slot with a previously dyed item.

To top it off, you are merrily advertising an 18000 credit.. EIGHTEEN THOUSAND credit account wide dye unlock, which I 24 hours ago had absolutely NO need for because I had bought and dyed Account Bound items to swap around.

Thank you Trion, for having truly invaded my defecation orifice.

Shadowlander

To be more specific;

I have several sets of cosmetic equipment in my bank, all dyed in spizzy awesome colours which have cost me a fortune.

I have several sets of cosmetic equipment in my wardrobe slots, which are still intact.

The ones in my bank however. The dyes are lost.. exceptionally black, dark tangerines, dark ruby etc etc. I'm talking about a MASSIVE amount of plats spent on dying items.

Not ONE of these dyed items can be equipped with their correct colours, because the slots are overriding item colour.

So either I buy all my dyes again.. or succumb to Trion's 18000 credit solution, which is just ridiculous at best. 18000 credits for colours?

What the hell Trion.. Did you stop for 2 seconds to think about all the resources, time and effort put into collections like this? Do you even care?

Sounds like a bug for me
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Yup this.

If it stays that way Trion is not only not going to get 18k credits from me but I will stop any money transactions I had planned for this game and take my wallet somewhere else.

I am still having hopes it is a bug, because if its not then I can only agree on money grabbing bordering with scam.

Shadowlander

As far as I can tell, it's intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Kravshera View Post
    As far as I can tell, it's intentional.
    marketing has killed this game for me! dress-up Rift. it's one thing to be happy with ones looks but having to pay over and over again for the feature is unreal.

i would also like the levitate mount but see i have to GAMBLE to have a chance at one.

Rift "GAMBLING" and "DRESS-UP" game. while ones at it they can now pay $300-$600 to get a full set of gaming gear too.

i have mothballed my toons, we'll revisit when/if marketing guys ease up.

Rift Disciple

Those dyes were single-use before, why would that change now?

Edit: By which I mean, they would be overridden before and permanently disappear before too. Items were supposed to keep existing dyes, so if yours didn't send in a ticket for it.
    Last edited by Sagittare; 04-16-2015 at 03:50 AM.
    Sagittare@Deepwood | Harlakk@Deepwood | Lexicus@Deepwood
    <- Hello Kitty->

Shadowlander

Patch 3.2 felt rushed. Graphical glitches, missing visual fx. I can't equip 2 handers in the wardrobe system.

I am pretty sure it was unintentional for them to do this to players. It is difficult at times to know every single problem that can come with new content. Trion releases a lot of new content but sometimes things get kinda "meh".

How about sending in a ticket and figuring out what the GM can do for you. Put it in account recovery status for the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittare View Post
    Those dyes were single-use before, why would that change now?
    They were bought/acquired and used and now they are gone. There is no way to equip previously died item and have the dye that was bought and spent on it.

Do you get the problem now or do I need to draw a diagram?

Shadowlander

What CKat says is indeed the accurate issue.

If you have 10 sets of equipment in your bank, worth 250 plats each in dye. That is 2500 plats you have used and will NEVER, EVER have available again. Because no matter what you do, those colours will be OVERRIDDEN by your wardrobe slot's CURRENT colour.

Don't know about you guys, but i have lost thousands of plats worth of dye on this.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Mykei View Post
    marketing has killed this game for me! dress-up Rift. it's one thing to be happy with ones looks but having to pay over and over again for the feature is unreal.

i would also like the levitate mount but see i have to GAMBLE to have a chance at one.

Rift "GAMBLING" and "DRESS-UP" game. while ones at it they can now pay $300-$600 to get a full set of gaming gear too.

i have mothballed my toons, we'll revisit when/if marketing guys ease up.
    Wardrobe problems will hopefully get fixed. I know Trion sent this guy a "red trove booster pack" with like 7 red boosts in it a while ago when things were really bad. Almost everyone got 1. If enough problems persist, they will have to do something because to some people this is a very negative effect on the player experience. Again... like i've said before. quality assurance needs to step up their game more and more.

It's 1 thing to make all of Raid 1 gear buyable through credits but it's another thing to keep them the same ****ing fragments of horror price they were before. Why is there no decrease in price?? it's back to raiding and farming dailies, weeklies. I like 65 but it REALLY seems, like they want people on Patron status. I already spend 15 bucks in the past month for some stuff.

I really wish Tier 1 raid gear was not buyable through credits..... that gear should be EARNED through dedication to the game. There is 160% token boosts, and 40% extra from patron status..... so literally.... 3x the tokens ya could be getting. It would be way cheaper than buying all of it. I've seen people going:

WTB Frost Keeper full Tier 1 raid gear. You know this makes the community snobbier for those who completed it before 3.2, creates negativity.

Trion is basically saying "if you got a few hundred bucks laying around then give it to us and you can have a full set of raid gear, but if not, it's basically a back slap with GET BACK TO GRINDING."

Shadowlander

Would be good if we could keep this on topic, there are other threads regarding how to attain stat gear.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by CKat View Post
    They were bought/acquired and used and now they are gone. There is no way to equip previously died item and have the dye that was bought and spent on it.

Do you get the problem now or do I need to draw a diagram?
    If you mean items that weren't slotted in a wardrobe already when the change happened, I could see that being a problem; items which were slotted were supposed to retain their dyes, and at least all of mine did.

Either way, submitting a ticket is your best bet. If enough people complain, maybe they'll be sympathetic about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblaze View Post
    It's 1 thing to make all of Raid 1 gear buyable through credits
    I want to take this opportunity to remind everyone that both Desolate and Rift Walker gear could be bought for credits in SL. Putting raid gear up for sale isn't something new.
    Sagittare@Deepwood | Harlakk@Deepwood | Lexicus@Deepwood
    <- Hello Kitty->

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittare View Post
    If you mean items that weren't slotted in a wardrobe already when the change happened, I could see that being a problem; items which were slotted were supposed to retain their dyes, and at least all of mine did.

Either way, submitting a ticket is your best bet. If enough people complain, maybe they'll be sympathetic about it.
    This is exactly the problem. Thousands of platinum bound up in used dyes on dozens and dozens of cosmetic items are now lost.

And we have absolutely no way of getting all that back. This is a very obvious and blatant attempt at forcing us into spending even more money. It's quite disgusting to be honest.

And we have absolutely no way of getting all that back. This is a very obvious and blatant attempt at forcing us into spending even more money. It's quite disgusting to be honest
    It's an unfortunate situation but overall the system is pretty fair for players:

Free: All styles get auto-saved when they hit your inventory and can be used region-wide. This means you save a lot bank space and can use the styles on all your chars for free.
    Free: Old 4s colors are free now and don't have to be purchased
    Free: You don't need to buy transfiguration baubles anymore and can use weapon wardrobe instead

Paid: Premium dyes can now be bought in accountwide buckets for credits and are much cheaper than previous single-use dyes in long term. Single-use dyes can still be used to dye a slot if you wish.
    Paid: You can use a bought premium wardrobe on all characters now instead of just the one who has the items (no need to buy twice)

So Kravshera, you are in a very unfortunate situation and I hope Trion finds a fix for you, but please think about above mentioned stuff before bashing.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast