+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dyes. What have you done!?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Methadras View Post
    At this stage, to my understanding there is no proof that this is intentional.
    Looking at how the new system is completely different from the old system, there is no way the OP's way of handling coloured items could be preserved with this new system (simply because there are no more items in your wardrobe that could be coloured).

Though I feel for you, OP, I'm personally very happy with the new system, which I find much better than the old one (palette window, appearances being usable on all my toons, no more bank space blocked by costume items). Of course this does not help you, but I'm afraid there is not much help for you anyway. You could try to squeeze some compensation out of them, but seeing that people got next to nothing after loosing 24 hours of progress during the first week of NT, I doubt you will be successful.
    Last edited by Elayara; 04-16-2015 at 07:58 AM.

So I have been mulling this while I have been working, figuring whether I should be disappointed and give Trion the benefit of the doubt that they are now realising this issue and are going to try to find a fix for it or if I should have a solid sense of indignation that I have wasted a hell of a lot of time and money on my characters RP looks.

I am lucky that my most worn outfits had their own wardrobe slot but I also have the bags and bank space filled with pre dyed looks specifically for NPC work or special events. So they are a touch screwed.

I spent a hell of a lot of crafting marks sorting every dye recipe available so I could make a bit of money (slacker...those that know me know that one). That one is also screwed...the bottom is going to drop out of the market for dyes over this.

I previously had reservations thanks to the amount of credit only costume sets I have purchased for lower level characters to get higher level looks. I get that this is a minor thing and, much like buying an item before it is in the sale, I have kinda got over it for the fact that each of those sets were dyed differently for the characters that wear them....oh wait they were in bags so yep that one is also screwed..

The way I look at it while I wait for an official update/definitive position on this feedback I won't be selling a damn thing.

Kind of solutions that still suck but at least would make this not a terrible situation for us wardrobe types who love the pretty...make the items required for dye crafting cheap enough that crafters can then sell the dyes for a song and make it less of a kick in the teeth that you need to re-dye slots when you put items in place. Make the crafted dyes purchaseable with coin not credit but for single slot use (yes it will screw the crafters over but then you need to look at alternatives on say refunding the crafting marks spent on the dye recipes so that alternative sources of income in rare recipes can be sorted)

I am not going to hop up and down in screaming fury because it will serve no purpose. I would rather see a calm and reasoned argument and possible workable solutions come into play..

I was looking forward to freeing up bank space but at the same time come on guys...account bound costume items would have to be destroyed...could you not at least allocate them a bit of a credit return on them so that we have a bit of credit fundage from money that we have already spent with you to use as we see fit?

So many compromises possible to make a poor design idea pretty close to acceptable for the sucky parts of it and exciting for the good bits. Go on Trion...you know you want to
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3581812&dateline=1371  999004
    Zaviel - EU (Argent survivor) - Dimensions - O-RP Moonshade Outpost - Hudori, O-RP Tempest Slums - Taryth, O-RP Shimmersand Outpost - Dancingmoon. Death Mountain - Dannsadh.
    Co-GL - The Clandestine (Rift chapter)

Quote Originally Posted by Kravshera View Post
    It's not miles better, it has different functions. For it to function better, I would have to spend credits/real money to use it - or have to buy new dyes every time i swap out a set - both of which are considerably more expensive for me.
    ...err, wat?!

The plain and simple fact of the matter, is that nobody has ever taken your raid items away from you. They've become redundant due to increase in level cap. My items/dyes aren't redundant, they are GONE/UNAVAILABLE.
    If you can't see this is an entirely different matter, then it's because you've chosen to see it that way and refuse to even consider arguments against it. Boils down to an attempt to throttle a thread.
    you can still use your items in your bank. the dyed items in the wardrobe got moved over with the dyes. nothing's gone unless you overwrote the dye.
    I could've raided in SL with my chocolate gear. guess why I didn't.

The system as it is could very well have been implemented, but with an added function to equip stored items to override the Slot colouration. You would get the brand new system, I would get the brand new system. But I would also be able to still equip my items with the correct colours.
    no, because the more systems you have to support/the bigger the update is the more expensive/error prone it gets. theoretically anything's possible, but not anything's economically feasible. and trion is a business after all (which, yes, means they want to make money, and the change was probably done to make more of it. but then I look what we get out of it and I can live with it).

Your failure to understand anything of what this thread is about is clearly underlined by you advocating that I go spend 30-75€ or a perpetual river of platinum to get back what I have already paid for. All those items in my banks and bags are worth bugger all, dyed or not.
    Items I have spent a ridiculous amount of time, plats and credits to get the way I want.. And now they are unavailable to me. Even if I had read the mails, checked the forums etc, I still wouldn't have the time and resources to buy enough wardrobe slots to save it all - even less so to save it all on each different character in the correct colours - which would be impossible.

Why should I have to pay twice? Why should I have to take this lying down?
    This could very easily have been avoided by a tiny addition to the wardrobe/dye system and there wouldn't even be a problem.
    so you never raided, because it's exactly the same. items getting devalued, time/gold spend rendered world. welcome to MMOs.

You're not contributing to the thread, nor making the tiniest progress to make me change my mind on the matter. You're here to prove someone wrong, for the sake of being right. But nothing you say or do, can change the fact that the way the new system has been pushed through, has decimated my in-game economy.
    I was happy with what I had, all my plats and creds had actually been worth something.
    We're not talking about 2-3 sets on one character.. we're talking dozens, spread on all alts.

And guess what? Some players actually do like faffing around doing nothing in particular while creating new outfits every other day. Most of it is lost now though, thanks to this system. I either need a boat load of plats to swap the colours around, or go spend enough money to buy two brand new games just to get back what I had. How this is fair in your eyes, is beyond me.
    I'm showing you there are 2 sides, not trying to prove you wrong, since there isn't really an absolute "right" or "wrong" and let's be honest, no matter what I say will suddenly change your opinion, that never works on the internet. ;)

who said anything about changes being fair? I tried to avoid it, but I have to say it: you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. if you value eggs a lot it of course hits you harder. as I said, I understand that it sucks, and this time a change sucks more for me than for you, c'est la vie. another time it will be my turn again.

no one is forcing you to take it lying down (and trion is fully aware the transition won't make everybody happy, yay minority), but what could you do? and what should you do? I'm just trying to show you that there is a lot of good stuff in the new system (especially for guys/gals like you, and even if the update didn't impact you negatively I'm sure you'd have bought buckets sooner or later anway), if you come to the conclusion that it screwed you over more than it's worth, well, there's nothing I or anyone can do to convince you otherwise.
    Last edited by Gray; 04-16-2015 at 08:09 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    ...err, wat?!

If I use all my current wardrobe slots and want to swap one for another set of cosmetics, changing the actual skin wouldn't be a problem. But the new skin item would be in the wrong colour. So A, I buy the colours with credits and have them until next time they screw me over, or B buy a stupendous amount of dye so I can one-off the colours whenever I need to.

Swapping between 50 different sets, in 5 different slots (example numbers) means you're gonna burn through a LOT of dye. I had my 50 sets dyed and ready in their own unique way, which I spent real money on REX to get. Now I have 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingmoon View Post
    That one is also screwed...the bottom is going to drop out of the market for dyes over this.

Kind of solutions that still suck but at least would make this not a terrible situation for us wardrobe types who love the pretty...make the items required for dye crafting cheap enough that crafters can then sell the dyes for a song and make it less of a kick in the teeth that you need to re-dye slots when you put items in place. Make the crafted dyes purchaseable with coin not credit but for single slot use (yes it will screw the crafters over but then you need to look at alternatives on say refunding the crafting marks spent on the dye recipes so that alternative sources of income in rare recipes can be sorted)
    I thought so too, but they exist for people that can't or won't spend credits on buckets, so they can buy them ingame and use them. if you got everything in the wardrobe nothing changes for you and you wouldn't buy dyes anyway (or buckets), if you have outfits outside wardrobe slots it blows royally and more if you swap them around.

the real kicker is if you look closer it pushes you towards spending credits on wardrobe slots or buckets to stop bleeding plat in dyes when you switch stuff (which was previously free), but that becomes only an issue depending how much/often you switch.

I can live with that (or maybe not if would affect me more severely, honestly can't say), what I have an issue with tho is if they release buckets with no "f2p" workaround to get them ingame (besides rex). so I expect that new buckets will have a corresponding apothecary recipe to keep crafting dyes a viable option. which reminds me, exceptionally pumpkin dye recipe when?
    Last edited by Gray; 04-16-2015 at 08:36 AM.

If I use all my current wardrobe slots and want to swap one for another set of cosmetics, changing the actual skin wouldn't be a problem. But the new skin item would be in the wrong colour. So A, I buy the colours with credits and have them until next time they screw me over, or B buy a stupendous amount of dye so I can one-off the colours whenever I need to.

Swapping between 50 different sets, in 5 different slots (example numbers) means you're gonna burn through a LOT of dye. I had my 50 sets dyed and ready in their own unique way, which I spent real money on REX to get. Now I have 5.
    ah.

in case of A, if you buy buckets you have them forever on every char. that saves you a lot of plat long term (unless you're content with the look you got already, but there will be new outfits sooner or later).

as for B, you could buy wardrobe slots to store everything forever and be done with it (but it can never be changed). after 3.2 you have to redye tho.

either way you'd have to spend money (but getting the perks of 3.2 in return). now it just costs more than before.

Here comes what is making me lose my mind;
    All of these items, no matter what colour they are dyed in.. can not be equipped with that colour.
    Those already on a slot have the correct colour, but if i swap them around i lose that colour to a cheap low tier version (i.e Exceptionally White turning into a grey'ish drab colour)
    If I change from an Excep White item to another, and then back to the Excep White one, i will lose that colour because the slot becomes a cheap standard colour.
    Did you post this in the bug report thread? If not, maybe you should.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkell View Post
    If this patch was designed to drain plat and mats out of the market and generate cash for Trion while frustrating loyal customers they hit it dead on.
    that worked for in gw2 for years, why shouldn't it here?

I feel for you. I have done a few outfits with pricy dyes, so I know what it is to save up so you can do them. Sounds like you have a huge collection. I was lucky, the main pieces I was able to afford to do were in my wardrobe when the change happened.

I had a good stack of things in the bank that aren't in the wardrobe. I thought I read that things we collected, things on hand in bank etc would auto go into the wardrobe system. Hopefully that gets sorted out.

Maybe they could make it so if you take it out of the bank to you main inventory, it will act as though you just collected them, and will add them to the wardrobe system.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticGypsy View Post
    I feel for you. I have done a few outfits with pricy dyes, so I know what it is to save up so you can do them. Sounds like you have a huge collection. I was lucky, the main pieces I was able to afford to do were in my wardrobe when the change happened.

I had a good stack of things in the bank that aren't in the wardrobe. I thought I read that things we collected, things on hand in bank etc would auto go into the wardrobe system. Hopefully that gets sorted out.

Maybe they could make it so if you take it out of the bank to you main inventory, it will act as though you just collected them, and will add them to the wardrobe system.
    It's likely that the items from your bank really are in the wardrobe, though under a different name. See this post for details:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5043287

Dimensions on Wolfsbane

Apothecaria Lyceum & Retreat
    Weaver's Rest
    Setting the Scene Contest Entry: Lucy Looks into a Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaene View Post
    It's likely that the items from your bank really are in the wardrobe, though under a different name. See this post for details:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5043287
    Yeah, I figured that out last night. Some were, but I have several that aren't. Even tried everything on to compare, and there are a few things missing.

I love the new wardrobe and dye system. I do feel sorry for the person who started this post, but I appreciate the long term gain from this new system. More bag space (this is huge for me), and now, I can change my outfits as often as I like, and with a minimal investment for my favorite colors, I can change my colors constantly.

I too have spend a fortune on dyes, but I still like this new system sooooo much better. I was locked in, with my previous outfits/colors, because of the cost to change the colors or even change an item.

The combinations now, and the ease of use is almost limitless. I realize there are bugs to be worked out.

Thank you to all of the people who worked on this system, it's the best I have ever seen in a game. All my items at the click of a button for all of my characters. Honestly, there are only about 15 dyes that I like to use, I have no problem spending credits to get these dyes and change my colors in a blink.

I wish people would look at changes more positively and imagine long term gain. The effort required to bring us this new wardrobe system was considerable, and I am impressed. A+

And guess what? Some players actually do like faffing around doing nothing in particular while creating new outfits every other day. Most of it is lost now though, thanks to this system. I either need a boat load of plats to swap the colours around, or go spend enough money to buy two brand new games just to get back what I had. How this is fair in your eyes, is beyond me.
    I am impressed by your patience in explaining something obvious to someone apparently just schadenfreuding and gloating over your loss.

The fact that no dev responded to this thread tells me all. Well if you try money grab on me you are going to lose whatever you may have gotten if you were fair Trion. I am not going to spend one cent on this game anymore.
    And no, I am not impressed with cash grab wardrobe system.

Quote Originally Posted by CKat View Post
    I am impressed by your patience in explaining something obvious to someone apparently just schadenfreuding and gloating over your loss.

The fact that no dev responded to this thread tells me all. Well if you try money grab on me you are going to lose whatever you may have gotten if you were fair Trion. I am not going to spend one cent on this game anymore.
    And no, I am not impressed with cash grab wardrobe system.
    I think I can understand what the original poster is commenting on. Unfortunately, it seems that Trion's new system does not allow for an unlocked wardrobe to maintain the color scheme of the item that caused the unlock. Logically, this makes sense as multiple characters with the same item might have different coloring schemes. The new system is a change that I think would please most players. I know that in my guild, a number of people who are interested in wardrobes think that the change is absolutely wonderful. A number of people who were less interested in wardrobes are now significantly interested.

Unfortunately, the change of any system typically involves casualties and the original poster is one of them. Storing wardrobe items in the bank or in bags was not a sufficient way of securing a particular appearance. While perhaps unintended, this is the reality of the change. I can sympathize with the original poster. I absolutely can. As someone who used to make money off of exceptionally black and exceptionally white dye, I know how much money people spent on those alone. Similarly, I also sympathize with the people who spent real-life money or their credit/rex proxies buying multiple copies of the same wardrobe item only to have that now become unnecessary. In the same vein, those who invested in transfiguration baubles may have woken up today to find that the money they spent on changing weapon appearances was both unnecessary and actually a hindrance until today's hotfix.

Ultimately, Trion is a company that wants to make money by trying to satisfy its customer base. The changes that were made were done so after they concluded that most people would enjoy the changes. I am one of those people. I freed up over 600 combined bank/bag slots across multiple characters as a result. Nonetheless, I am fully aware that there were losses due to the change and the original poster is one such person. I would personally file a petition and see if anything could be done. Without making any suggestions to Trion, I think it would be nice if a CSR could potentially unlock a handful of the most-used dyes if the original poster did in fact spend thousands of plat on particular dyes.

Generally, a customer who voices his or her dissatisfaction at a perceived wrongdoing will receive some sort of recompense. However the voice must be heard from a location other than merely on a soapbox.
    Savik of Greybriar
    Guild Leader, TKagi Ro (Level 30)
    3/3 BoS

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #45

Hey folks,

This is a pretty complex issue, it's somewhere between a bug and an unintended consequence. Whenever you have significant system changes, there's going to be edge cases that arise.

In this case we had the situation covered for most players, because items in the wardrobe maintained their current dye status post the 3.2 wardrobe improvements. That covers the vast majority of items that people had.

This is something we probably need to discuss internally a little more, as it's a bit complicated. There's no easy, one size fits all solution to this issue. But I've already started discussions with the team and hopefully we can find a good resolution for those of you in this particular quandary.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast