+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By Nogardgib
  • 5 Post By Salvatrix
  • 2 Post By Artewig
  • 1 Post By Scormus
  • 1 Post By Salvatrix

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Instant Adventure Bug ! Please Fix :(.

Default Instant Adventure Bug ! Please Fix :(.

I really love the new random instant adventure system . However I have found a problem with it that is a pain in the but.

The problem being the following:

When you are in combat at the and of an adventure quest and it moves the group to a new area you have to finish fighting and get out of combat to accept the teleport. That is fine and dandy. However if you are in combat and the instant adventure group is being moved to a new zone that is lower than the zone you are in , it INSTANTLY MENTORS you to the level of the groups new zone. The big problem being if you are in combat and its with a lvl 60 mob and you instant mentor to level 26 or something crazy, you die. I learned this the hard way.

Please make it not instant mentor you so we do not instant die when the group moves if we are still in combat.

<O└d Skool>

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Wow. That was a pretty big miss on my part. >.<

Thank you for the heads up - we got an engineer shifted to addressing this immediately. We will be changing it so that the change in level does not get applied while in combat.

Unfortunately, this change will not be able to show up in a hotfix until next week's scheduled hotfix.

Sword of Telara

So for now when the IA ends run away, run away!!!!!!

Last edited by Rhipf; 04-15-2015 at 07:48 PM.

I was about to post something about this too, it got two others in the group killed too when we went from Dendrome to a level 20's zone.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

That is actually the most entertaining bug I've heard of in some time! Frustrating, I'm sure, but it sounds hilarious!.

Soulwalker

Default Non-paticipation bug

Also since you are normally running close to a full raid you have a high number of mobs to kill for some tasks. This number is normally higher then the number of mobs spawned. On some tasks the respawn rate is so low that the entire raid get a non-participation flag while waiting for a respawn.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Also since you are normally running close to a full raid you have a high number of mobs to kill for some tasks. This number is normally higher then the number of mobs spawned. On some tasks the respawn rate is so low that the entire raid get a non-participation flag while waiting for a respawn.
    This thread is likely of interest to you:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ather-ias.html

Also, if people can leave notes here on which specific kill adventures they notice this, I will target those to be tuned better asap.

Another bug I encountered today: My group of 12 people was doing Stonefield IA. In the short break after a boss the raid filled up completely in an instant, probably a merger with another group. But after this nothing happend anymore. There was no teleport window and no new task. After a bit waiting I left the group. Then I tried to join a new IA but the system placed me everytime in this stuck group again till I stopped trying.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Quote Originally Posted by Lufia5 View Post
    Another bug I encountered today: My group of 12 people was doing Stonefield IA. In the short break after a boss the raid filled up completely in an instant, probably a merger with another group. But after this nothing happend anymore. There was no teleport window and no new task. After a bit waiting I left the group. Then I tried to join a new IA but the system placed me everytime in this stuck group again till I stopped trying.
    Thank you for this report. That sounds clearly not working as intended. Yes, the sudden fill up was likely a merging of groups - the new system does that to try and keep large group sizes. There should also be a delay of about 10 seconds after every "rare" (usually boss or onslaught) adventure before the next one, but never longer than that.

I will forward this to an engineer to investigate.

If anyone else has seen similar circumstances to this, please let me know - more information will probably help track this down.

+ Reply to Thread